View Full Version : Christian families :WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL
OK, thought I would start a new thread for this one as the other one is getting quite long.....This would probably have to be the scripture that I use the MOST out of any scripture...its my favourite and it is so relevant to every single moment of every day. Its one that most are really familiar with...
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
8 It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.
1) What does proverbs 3 mean for/to you?
2) In what ways do you tend to lean on your own understanding?
3) What does it mean to you to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart"?
4) What stops you from trusting in the Lord completely?
5) Give an example where you have trusted in the Lord completely and he has come through for you and directed your path!
Hi there..I am not a practising Christian but I wanted to reply anyway.
1) Proverbs 3 meant to me, don't trust what u think to be right, don't trust what you think you know is best because there is another truth. A higher truth. His truth. THE truth that will guide you on your journey. Trust in it and you will be given strength and renewal, wisdom and insight.
2) I think I lean on the knowing that there is a plan and He will keep me safe as He has done. There is a trust for the Higher Power I beleive in and a sense of comfort when I look for the lesson there for me to learn, to grow.
3) It means that with whatever happens, there is a reason and that I should trust that no matter how crazy things may seem, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Trust in him to guide me. To show me through the storm..
4) I don't know what it is that stops me. I am still trying hard to work it out. Fear I guess, of what I am unsure. I havn't fully grasped or understand how to get my head around it as yet, but I am sure it is coming.
5) An example of me trusting the Lord (God to me, higher power) was when I was on the verge of suicide when i was 22yrs old, overwhelmed with sadness and pain from childhood, and I asked "God, please give me something to live for"..a week later I found out I was pregnant. I had had two pregnancy tests before and both were negative, not having sexual intercourse again after results and leaving an abusive relationship. I was definately given my path to walk.. He certainly came through for me on that one. I was definatley not meant to go anywhere.
I hope there are no right and wrong answers and it was ok for me to reply.
Yay! Of course its ok for you to reply! lol:) So glad tht you did. I'm only on for a sec but I will come back later and read properly:) And, no, lol no right or wrong answers!
Is it time for a new devotional? I've been feeling Christmassy for a while and thought that it would be interesting to share our favourite verses about who Jesus is. I've chosen a prophesy from Isaiah about the coming of Jesus for mine:
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, [b] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
will accomplish this.
I love that 700 years before Jesus was born, this could be written and he fitted it perfectly. I think that he embodied everything that "Messiah" means. And I'm looking forward to the day when he returns and rules a new heaven and earth.
I've shown you mine, :D ...
Hear hear! Jesus paid an amazing price for us and I am eternally grateful:D I too think it is amazing how the Bible just fits together and how prophecy is fullfilled....it canonly be the work of our marvellous God:)
One verse that always springs to mind when I htink about the wonder of who He is is
..As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
Blows my mind! Heaven was opened he saw the spirit of God:) Imagine that, how amazing to have been there......
Yeah - way cool.
Merry Christmas all if I don't see you before.:D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.