View Full Version : what does anaphalaxsis (Sp?)
what does anaphalaxsis(sp?) look like? is it like an asthma attack?
how logn between ingjestion of food does it take to be a anaphlactic reaction:detective:
jessgray - i suffer from anaphylactic reactions myself, and all i can really tell you is that reaction time can vary. Signs of a reaction for me is similar to an asthma attack, my nose becomes congested, diahhrea, blocked airways and golf ball eyes.
PM me if you want
:detective: thanks guys i just was thinking out loud.
i hope the astham attacks ds1 had when we tried oats milk isnt anaphlaxsis:fingerscrossed: they scared the bajeebers out of me:(
his astham attacks seem to happen within 5-10 misn of drinking oats milk:confused:
we are getting his pead to review him and get him tested asap coz he hasnt had an asthma attack since he hasnt drank that milk:confused:
ive been so paranoid since though i've been carrying his predmix everywhere when we go out (we havent used it since october last year) and today i was a ball fo stress at BIL's 18th:crying:
Anaphylaxis (or anaphylactic shock) is a severe, sometimes life threatening, allergic reaction. Symptoms can range from severe breathing difficulties (similar to asthma attack); swelling of face, mouth, tongue, lips and neck;vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness, severe abdominal cramps, headaches, rashes; to loss of conciousness, coma and death. The symptoms usually happen immediately but sometimes can take up to an hour to occur. If this is something that happens on a regular basis, it needs to be checked out by your doctor, as each time an attack happens the symptoms can be worse than the last time. Most people who know exactly what sets the allergic reaction off carry an Epipen, which is adrenaline injection, with them at all times.
I'd definitely get it investigated if you think this is what's happening. Hope the info has helped.:)
Aliyahsmum is spot on! And reactions can vary.
We discovered our youngest daughter was allergic to peanuts when she was one - I gave her some peanut butter on toast and her face started to get puffy almost immediately. We booked in to see a specialist (which took about two months) and was told, at this point, she would most likely grow out of it. But by age three it had developed to a point where it is now a severe allergy and we have the junior epipen with us at all times.
I agree you should definately get a suspected allergy checked out - once you get in to see someone, the process is pretty simple, and diagnosis instant.
Cheers - Annie
:thumbsup: thanks guys he has been refered to the allergy clinic at RCH in melbourne by his pead. if he reacted this way to oat milk what should i avoid:confused: he ate porridge the other day and got watery eyes i just dont know which foods have oats in it or what else i should avoid buying:o
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.