View Full Version : Christmas Shortbread Recipe
Does anybody have the recipe to make the christmas shortbreads.
My 2 girls want to make them for their teacher as a gift this year (and possibly their classmates as well if you can give me a nice easy recipe).
I'm just after the basic recipe that uses the ingredients we would all have in our cupboard (you know what I mean).
Also, does anybody have a dessert recipe that I can make and take to a party (there will be about 30 people there) so ideally something really easy to make would be really really helpful.
I know I sound like I'm asking a lot but I'm working 2 jobs at the moment and just don't have heaps of time to spare cooking (what little time I have is spent washing, cleaning, vacuuming etc etc).
Thanks in advance for your help.
I'll come back and post a shortbread recipe once I get home.
As for an easy dessert for a party, how about a trifle? It tastes even better prepared ahead of time and looks great when made in a nice glass bowl.
The BEST dessert recipe my mum ever gave me is also the most simple!! it isn't christmassy though??? DH's workmates LOVE it - and request one every morning tea they hold...
buy- 2 lemons... a can of condensed milk.. ... dollop cream (and anything you want to top with - e.g. chocoalte flakes or passionfruit) and a pie flan (from the bakery section)
you juice the two lemons... pour the condensed milk into a bowl - add the juice to taste (I usally add most of it) - mix and then pour into the flan ... refrigerate overnight... and add cream and pretty stuff just before serving...
for 30 people - you could make 2?? it is yummy!!!
Yum, that sounds good, (I'll add that to my recipes file on the PC), thanks
Well of all things I have a chocolate shortbread recipe that is easy to make, babes can help (as they can get they hands dirty!) and it doesn't matter if it takes you three days to make. In fact I often freeze the dough and just bake it up when needed.
90g Caster Sugar; 225g plain flour sifted; pinch of salt; 45g cocoa powder sifted; 250g unsalted butter; - ICING 125g dark chocolate; 30g white chocolate.
1) For the biscuits, mix the caster sugar, flour, salt, and cocoa powder in a bowl then add butter and rub together until a firm noist dough.
2) Place on a floured, flat surface and roll out flat, using biscuit cutters cut into biscuits. Place biscuits onto lined (baking paper) trays ensuring they do not touch each other and place in the fridge for an hour.
3) Bake in an oven for 45 mins at 120 degrees celcius. They should be dry and firm to the touch.
4) For ICING, melt chocolates seperately. Place a bowl over a saucepan of hot water to melt chocolate without seizing it. Never let chocolate touch a drop of water when melting. ( I didn't know this when I started working with chocolate).
5) Coat first with the dark chocolate and then pipe on the white chocolate in three straight parallel lines. Take a tooth pick and run it through the lines of white chocolate at right angles to create a "feathered" look.
Hope you enjoy!!! I love this recipe it is easy and you can not stop at one.
Thank you very much for the shortbread recipe, it certainly looks yummy and I can't wait to make it.
I'll go get the ingredients and give it a go during the week.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.