View Full Version : natural but maybe a bit tmi?
Hi I just want to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this at all.
On Wednesday, I woke up after the best nights sleep I think I've ever had, everything was normal and at 8:30am I had a "show".It was a big greeny looking piece of well mucous with pink tinges through it, enough to fill my hand. :eek: Sorry if tmi but i've never had a show before so want to make sure it definitely was.I also had quite a bit of diarhoea as well and felt nauseous.
I had a lot of pressure right down low in front of stomach and then at around 10:15 I went to the toilet again, there was a distinct popping sensation/sound and a slight gush of my waters. I then started regular building contractions which got to 5 mins apart and lasting for 1 and a half minutes each.At 1:30pm I had just thought wow, I better get to hospital (had very quick labours with the boys) and everything stopped.
I rang the midwives and they told me I was probably only in pre-labour or possibly trial run and to wait and see.Nothing happened so I rang again Thursday because I had filled a maternity pad during the night with fluid so they told me to go up and get checked. They did a swab test and put me on the monitor, I had a very slight contraction but silly me had gone for a shower and changed pads.
The midwife didn't check to see if I was dilated at all, and basically told me it was just discharge. Ok, it's my third baby I know the difference between fluid and discharge.
So for the last two days I feel terrible,aches and pains in stomach, back and leg areas and I have been leaking milk like a jersey cow!And had very little movements.
Anyway, I just thought maybe some of you might have been through similiar things and can ease my mind a little, ha ha or have good tips on how to get her out!
My sil is a nurse and she says I should go up again now since it's been a few days, I might get different midwife but DH is at work and I dont want to drag him home if they just say wait and see again.
Sounds like things are underway.
Maybe try a walk (for goodness sake not far from home, and take your mobile), sex, and all the other things which can get you moving along.
how exciting... your little girl is on her way!!!
I have to say - I haven't had bubs no1 yet.. but I would be back at the hospital...
there is nothing I hate more than Drs or nurses who are casual about something that you consider important... I'd insist that they check how you are going...
its nothing more than insisting on a second opinion..
Hope you are feeling ok :o
I would be back on the phone to your hospital and tell them you are coming and not leaving until you have had your baby or at least a proper check up !!
If this is what you want of course....
Personally i feel very anxious about being left too long after your waters have broken as the risk of infection is higher, certainly perhaps try a good brisk walk first etc..but dont have sex !! especially if it is your waters that are broken.
Let them know you want to be checked thoroughly, tell them your concerns (waters breaking, definate fluid loss, decreased baby movements etc etc)
I dont want to worry you at all as you are probably fine and i am sure bubs is fine too but sometimes you have to hassle those docs and nurses a bit to get anywhere !!
Good luck and we await the good news of your little girls arrival !!
hi nara, congrats, sounds like your bubs is on its way! if i was you though, i would be getting in contact with them again, and insisting that your water has definetly broken and that you want to be examined, usually if you are full term and your water breaks but nothing happens they will induce you as the risk of infection is high, if it breaks before full term they need to keep a very close eye on any change of temp etc that might indicate an infection, so id definetly go back there, good luck! :)
Hi all I just want to say thanks for your replies and now I have even more questions haha.
Yesterday (Sunday) I had extremely strong contractions that started 7 mins apart and lasted about 60 seconds.I left them a while and rang hubby and mil to come in. They built steadily in strength and duration(for over 3 hours) until they were 3 mins apart (start to start) and lasting around 90secs each(very intense) so we went to the hospital.
Within this time I had been in and out of shower, lots of walking and rocking and even laid on lounge.
They kept going and the midwife got me to lay on bed with the monitor on and they stopped! Well they slowed down to 10 minutes apart. So once again I felt like an idiot and came home.They wouldn't even check to see if I was dilating or not because in there words I am too early to go into labour now :mad: and it was too invasive.I'm 38 weeks tomorrow so technically full-term anyway. What made it worse was I couldn't stop crying so couldn't really get my feelings out.
I was just wondering if anyone knows if labour can stop if bubs isnt in the correct position? It's just that when I did come home bubs did ALOT of moving while I was laying down and when I stood up it felt like her head was halfway out already,sorry getting graphic.I've felt like this all day, that I could feel her head if I really wanted too.
I have been getting niggly pain in my back and abdomen all day and feel like I've been hit by a bus and I'm not real sure what I should do.Do I wait and see? or get cranky with midwives?
Anyway thanks for listening to me ramble!
You poor thing. Is there another hospital local that you could go to just to get checked out? I'd be going back up and demanding that someone check you out. I had MJ at 38 weeks and she's my first, it does happen.
Goodluck with everything, hope you get to hold bub very soon :)
I would be going back and saying I am not leaving until I have a baby in my arms. If your waters have indeed broken, you and the baby are at risk of getting an infection if they leave it to long. I would be demanding an internal to see how far you are long as well. My sister had this problem she was to and fro from her local hospital until she said that she was not leaving until the baby arrived.
Hoping you all the best and hoping to hear that you have delivered shortly.
Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl now due on the 2nd November
As everyone else has already told you, I'd be back in that hospital demanding a good checkup.. If you feel you are going to get emotional again and not able to get your point across, let your hubby know what you want so he can get your point across...
Good luck and hope to hear that your little girl has arrived safely...
I assume by now you've well and truly had your baby ;) but in case others are reading...
* you can go for *at least* 96 hours with ruptured membranes without risking infection according to the best practice guidelines used in UK hospitals. Infection is much much more likely to occur in the hospital where there are so many more germs than in your own home and if you're given VEs. So say no to VEs, and stay home keeping up your fluids.
* a less than optimally aligned baby can take longer because their head isn't applying firmly to your cervix to help it dilate. This is when lots of position change, no lying on your back, and moving around can really help. You can practice your optimal foetal positioning in labour as in pregnancy with the same result.
* the earlier you go to labour in hospital the more likely you are to end up with unnecessary interventions as they try to fit you to their timetable. Babies don't come to timetables, they come when everything is right for them.
our little treasures
I had simialr nara for days i had good cotractions and then after 10hrs they would end then it would go again in the end days later I just thought I had wind when I was 7-8 cm went into hosi and stayed at 7-8 for hrs and hrs... I went to toilet and same ting waters leaking I was told by midwives just hormones getting organised..
I too cryed as Ithought this was it a handful of times and nothing Gosh I even applied makeup did nails shaved etc... everytime gggrr
Well still no bubba. I was admitted Sunday night because my water's broke and bub's was slightly tachycardic (elevated heartbeat) and I was told I would be put on antibiotic drip and syntocin drip if nothing happened by the night shift.I was only 3cm dilated but thought at least I know something's happening!
Well dayshift came on and sent me home on Monday morning.It's now Thursday and still nothing. I have to see ob today so will see how I go.What's the bet I come home again!
I'm really freaking out that something's wrong.I know I should be relaxing but I can't stop thinking about it, no matter what I'm doing.I've had really little movement all day and yes I suppose I am stressing a bit. Arrgh :rolleyes:
Wow Nara what a wild ride!! I feel so sorry for you having to go back and forward like that. I hope you are doing ok and that the OB finallly helps you out!
Good luck thinking of you ;)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.