PDA

View Full Version : Positive Ovulation Test 6+ days in a row???

Angelique89
03-05-2012, 11:04
Hi there. :)

My partner and I are newly trying to concieve. I've been taking ovulation tests every day for the past 6 days, and they have ALL come back positive, could even have been positive before that as it was positive the very first day. I thought it may have been a faulty pack, so I brought a different brand, and still all coming up positive.

What could this mean? Is this normal?

I'm not taking any medication or anything.

Thankyou. :wave::wave::wave:

Cheetara
03-05-2012, 11:16
Are you sure they are positive? Is the test line as dark or darker than the control line? Are you able to post a pic?

Angelique89
03-05-2012, 11:20
Yep, definitely, not even the same, all darker!
I didn't think to keep them, I should probably have but I didn't expect so many positives haha. Definitely darker though. :yes:

jetaime
03-05-2012, 11:26
I have to do ovulation tests coming up to Frozen Embryo Transfers and mine are ALWAYS positive. I hate the things. I now have blood tests instead.

Cheetara
03-05-2012, 11:27
It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor.
This info is all from peeonastick.com, have a look they've loads more info to help you.

Guest1234
03-05-2012, 11:29
Have you done a pregnancy test? Sometimes OPKs can detect a pregnancy.
Or are you reading the tests properly?

Angelique89
03-05-2012, 11:29
Oohhh, I hope my eggs aren't having a hard time getting through :(

My partner and I have only been actively trying this cycle, but we have been having unprotected intercourse for about 2 years and I've never falling pregnant, so hoping there isn't some kind of underlying issue :(

Angelique89
03-05-2012, 11:36
I haven't taken a pregnancy test because it's only in 6 days past the first positive ovulation test, don't i need to wait at least 10? Defs reading them properly, had my mum look at them as well and read the instructions and on forums to make sure I was reading them properly, the brands I used are 'confirm' and 'Discover' maybe it's the brands? I guess I will take a pregnancy test in a few days.

Could it be something I am eating or drinking affecting my urine and thus resulting in a false positive maybe?

Guest1234
03-05-2012, 11:49
Do a pregnancy test, OPKs can detect the pregnancy hormone and give a positive ovulation reading as a result - you may be pregnant already.
Another thing is perhaps the tests are ultra sensitive so will show a positive earlier. So say it measures 10mui and you surge at 25mui, you could register a positive from the moment your hormone levels are at 10mui until they drop after your surge, if you know what I mean? Where if the test measured 20mui of hormone it won't register a positive so early.

Angelique89
03-05-2012, 11:56
Ok cool. :)

I'll take a pregnancy test in the morning. *fingers crossed* ^_^

lil miss
03-05-2012, 11:59
Def possible they are picking up a pregnancy! I got my BFP at 5-6dpo. I would do a preg test, even of its negative , if you are still getting positive OPKs in a week or so do another preg test.

FluffyDucks
04-05-2012, 09:49
So....what happened??? I am very curious as I had my OPKs pick up a pregnancy as well. I had about 5 positive OPKs in a row and was wondering what the heck was going on....did a HPT and it was BFP!

:fingerscrossed: for you!

Angelique89
05-05-2012, 09:43
I took a pregnancy test this morning, and not even a feint line came up, hoping it's just too soon.

Yesterday my OV test was a little confusing.
The test line was fainter than the other line mostly, except for a very dark thin line at the bottom of that line (if that makes sense), so I assume it wasn't positive anymore.

I haven't taken one yet today but will be soon out of curiosity.

Angelique89
05-05-2012, 13:13
So....what happened??? I am very curious as I had my OPKs pick up a pregnancy as well. I had about 5 positive OPKs in a row and was wondering what the heck was going on....did a HPT and it was BFP!

:fingerscrossed: for you!

Just did another ovulation test, and this time it's definitely negative.
Would this mean that I am not pregnant? There is a very faint line but its barely visable.

I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but yesterday my mum accidently slammed a chair into my stomach reaaaalllly hard when I was walking behind her, could this affect it at all? Even though it like, wouldn't be a baby yet, I felt really sick and sore for a few hours after, but I assume that was because I had just taken a hard blow to the stomach.

Guest1234
05-05-2012, 13:34
Yeah don't think you are pregnant yet, sorry, but you never know, this cycle could be a success.

Angelique89
20-12-2012, 21:40
Oh goodness, this is a late reply, I completely forgot about this!

For anyone interested, it turned out I WAS pregnant and that would probably explain why I kept getting pos OV tests! I am due in a few weeks, Jan 20 with a little boy - Vincent ^_^ :hyper:

So happy! That was our first cycle actively trying too, so pretty lucky! :smiliedance: