Just wondering if anyone can give me an Idea on how to find out if a 4yr old has an intolerance. Doc doesnt recommend allergy testing and is pretty much ignoring my questions.
DD is having a lot of trouble with sleeping - Waking constantly ( up to 6 times a night), restless legs, crying for no reason, cant stay still etc as well as being a spawn of the devil at times.
Getting very tired, great if anyone can shed some light
The symptoms of food allergy and intolerance can also be caused by other conditions, so itís important to see your doctor for a medical diagnosis.
Symptoms of food intolerance
Symptoms of food intolerance can include:
* Nervousness, tremor
* Rapid breathing
* Headache, migraine
* Burning sensations on the skin
* Tightness across the face and chest
* Breathing problems - asthma-like symptoms
* Allergy-like reactions.
Symptoms of food allergy
The symptoms of food allergy can be life threatening. Common symptoms include:
* Itching, burning and swelling around the mouth
* Runny nose
* Skin rash (eczema)
* Hives (urticaria - skin becomes red and raised)
* Diarrhoea, abdominal cramps
* Breathing difficulties, including wheezing and asthma
* Vomiting, nausea.
Affected body parts
Various sites on the body can be affected by an allergic reaction to food, including:
* Eyes - itching, watering
* Nose - stuffiness, sneezing
* Mouth - itching, swelling
* Throat - swelling
* Digestive system - stomach pains, vomiting, diarrhoea
* Skin - rashes, such as hives (urticaria) or atopic dermatitis
* Lungs - asthma, more common in children than adults
* Central nervous system - headache, irritability, fatigue, convulsions.formore info from where i go this go to http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/(Pages)/Food_allergy_and_intolerance?OpenDocument
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.