View Full Version : Eggs?
DS had some french toast this morning (at most 1/4 piece of toast) and has since come out with a red rash around his mouth. He has eaten boiled eggs in the past with no problem, although I've noticed that he will usually eat the yolk happily but leaves alot of the white so maybe he's never eaten much egg white before. Any suggestions as to why he would react like this and what I should do about it?
Given that he is leaving the egg white in a hard boiled situation I would say that he is allergic or sensitive to the egg white. My dd has an egg sensitivity (too young to be allergic) and she has a natural aversion to egg all together. Appartantly this is normal for people who have a reaction.
When my dd had egg (yolk only) for the 2nd time she got a rash around her mouth and down her neck and a puffy eye from where she rubbed it. I took her to the dr and they told me to avoid egg completely until she is at least 12 mths old and then slowly re-introduce it.
To give you hope children normally grow out of this reaction by about age 3.
Below is link to a website with info for you: www.cs.nsw.gov.au/rpa/Allergy/resources/allergy/eggallergy.pdf
Good luck :)
Thanks mama hen. I was thinking about it after posting and he has had a few things with egg white in before with no problems (rissoles, filos, muffin) but maybe the amount was too small to pose a problem. A bit baffling really! My DH thinks it could have been something else but he only ate a mouthful of weetbix, which he proceeded to spit out anyway...
Ah well, we'll just wait a while before testing it out further.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.