PDA

View Full Version : I SOOOO want a pet monkey

Shaetara
11-02-2011, 22:47
So I've been looking at baby monkeys for sale in Australia and OMG they are soo bloody cute. They are becoming very hard to resist.
What sort of license do you need to own a pet monkey in Australia NSW ??

I can't get over how cute they are, i think i would prefer a pet monkey instead of another baby for a few more years. And I think it would make the most awesomest pet. A MONKEY of all things :) oh I'm so tempted

Has anyone else ever gone through this wanting a pet monkey. Do you need to get certain needles so you don't catch anything or something ??
:smiliedance:

JabberJaw
11-02-2011, 22:54
I am pretty sure you will find that the only monkeys you are allowed to own in Australia is sea monkeys.

If you are reading advertisements i would say they are a scam. Probably a Nigerian scam.

DaughteroftheForest
11-02-2011, 22:54
I have no idea, but I just wanted to say go for it! A monkey sounds awesome!

I have DS so I should know :p

*Cj*
11-02-2011, 22:55
A monkey would be so much more work then a baby. At least with a baby you can take it places, use childcare. A monkey you can't, it would be very hard on a monkey to be home by its self. Are you willing to be home 24/7? No, it's not legal.

WorkingClassMum
11-02-2011, 22:57
I would never want to own a monkey - they are not a domesticated pet - and I'd be pretty sure you CANNOT get a licence in Aus to have one

A chimp recently tore a woman's face off (in USA) - very sad

I wish that zoos didn't exist, but they are at least better than whenI was a kid

SpecialPatrolGroup
11-02-2011, 22:58
Firstly I agree with Jabberjaw, I can't imagine it would be legal here in Australia to own a monkey as a pet, and secondly, as cute as they are I think they would be such a handful you would regret having one. Kids are a handful but they grow up, a monkey never stops being a monkey.

*Cj*
11-02-2011, 22:59
If you are reading advertisements i would say they are a scam. Probably a Nigerian scam.

:iagree:
But you could all ways pay for one and let us all know if it's a scam or not.

SassyMummy
11-02-2011, 23:03
Monkeys are wild animals, not domestic animals suited to life in a house with a human family.

I would love love love to cuddle a monkey, but as much as I find them completely adorable and so very interesting, I think it's wrong to own one and treat it as a pet.

I am pretty sure that in Australia, you'd not be allowed to keep one as a pet. If you were, you certainly would not be allowed to without appropriate paperwork and probably a decent reason for owning one too (other than just "OMGZ SO CUTE!").

SpecialPatrolGroup
11-02-2011, 23:05
You need to watch the first season of Friends to see the problems that having a pet monkey can cause :laughing:

MRJB
11-02-2011, 23:12
You can own them and other exotic animals in America (terribly backward) but not here!

It's so so sad. Unfortunately humans think they have the right to everything they want!

Monkeys are beautiful and cute but admire them from the wild where they belong!

iMischa
11-02-2011, 23:18
i dunno, have u seen 'outbreak'? dustin hoffman says 'no monkeys for you!'

SpecialPatrolGroup
11-02-2011, 23:22
If you want to spend some time with monkeys/apes, perhaps you could go to Borneo and volunteer in one of the *orphanages* for orang utans that have been displaced after their habitat has been destroyed to produce palm oil.

codex
11-02-2011, 23:27
There's more to just being cute. People buy puppies and kittens for that reason and they end up in shelters because people don't consider the other factors involved. Do you even know what a monkeys diet is? Temperature / climate ? Housing? Temperament? Other requirements? They're not a domestic pet for many reasons. And certainly not legal here thank goodness

BabelFish
12-02-2011, 00:16
I hope this thread is a joke :(

Pinkzy
12-02-2011, 00:40
*Grandpa Simpson voice*

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I sure can't wait to eat that monkey!

Does this thread remind anyone else of that Simpsons episode where Homer gets a helper monkey called Mojo? :laughing: "Pray for Mojo" :laughing::laughing:.

jayemkayare
12-02-2011, 05:27
I've never wanted a monkey myself but I've been dreaming of the time they breed a minature Elephant!!!!! Now that would be cool. I'll wait till they get them down to about great dane size. That should be quite manageable me thinks :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub

waterlily
12-02-2011, 05:36
I adore Monkeys and elephants. I would love to own 10 of each but not as a domesticated pet.

When I become a billionaire my dream is to build a huge animal sanctuary.

AliG
12-02-2011, 06:50
Not to mention baby monkeys are often taken from there mothers once they kill them how cruel I would never condone such a thing

Purplebird
12-02-2011, 06:57
Petmonkeyinfo.org/testimonials.htm

MsMummy
12-02-2011, 07:00
didn't Michael Jackson have a pet monkey? Enough said.

zombiekitty
12-02-2011, 07:10
So I've been looking at baby monkeys for sale in Australia and OMG they are soo bloody cute. They are becoming very hard to resist.
What sort of license do you need to own a pet monkey in Australia NSW ??

I can't get over how cute they are, i think i would prefer a pet monkey instead of another baby for a few more years. And I think it would make the most awesomest pet. A MONKEY of all things :) oh I'm so tempted

Has anyone else ever gone through this wanting a pet monkey. Do you need to get certain needles so you don't catch anything or something ??
:smiliedance:

Please tell me this is a joke.

c38
21-02-2011, 08:49
"It's for the best that you gave them back Shaetara http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...220-1b0yd.html (http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/last-of-stolen-monkeys-returned-to-nsw-zoo-20110220-1b0yd.html)"

;)
http://forum.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/images/styles/BubHub/buttons/quote.gif (http://forum.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5608922)

????I don't think the OP is implicated in this. Though obviously saw the Ad.
She didn't actually have one. Just wants one

WorkingClassMum
21-02-2011, 08:50
It's for the best that you gave them back Shaetara http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/last-of-stolen-monkeys-returned-to-nsw-zoo-20110220-1b0yd.html

;)

:highfive:

Little-Pink-Hen
21-02-2011, 08:51
i dunno, have u seen 'outbreak'? dustin hoffman says 'no monkeys for you!'

Lol that movie had turned me off monkeys for life.
To me they aren't cute they are germ carrying and I've heard they can get very violent towards their owner
As previous post have started I don't think they are legal either.

Now Apes on the other hand....(I'd love a orangutan :D)

Guest1234
21-02-2011, 08:57
Monkeys are out of control, and scary. Might look easy and fun and cute :laughing: but they aren't.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub