PDA

View Full Version : Breast implants - how much? Worth it?

2made3
12-01-2011, 15:55
I have just started my research into breast augmentation.

Do you have (or know someone with) breast implants? What was it like? Are you happy with them? And most of all, how much did it cost you?

I have been a size A cup all my life and after 3 kids, they're, well, pathetic really! :o

Any recommendations??

TIA :)

2made3
22-01-2011, 16:36
Anyone? Am I the only one that is interested in this LOL! :p

~Lost In The Fifties~
22-01-2011, 16:38
Sorry i can't help you but i will be watching this thread.:)

London
22-01-2011, 17:18
A few of my friends have them and I cannot wait till I can afford them mself.

My friends all LOVE theirs and frankly, so does everyone who see's them hahaha All my friends had them done for different reasons and all went different sizes and one had a different shape (tear drop instead of round). They all cost roughly $12,000. What else do you want to know that
I might be able to help with?

OH, one thing I will say is, when you get them done tis best to be at your preferred weight and try and stay there. A couple of my friends stacked on the kilos not too long after getting them done and that just added more fat and weight to their boobs and they sagged quickly. Kind of ruined the point in getting them done in the first place.

PrimaDonnnaGirl
22-01-2011, 17:35
I got breast implants 6 years ago and its the best thing i ever did for myself. I also was an A cup and then practically nothing after breastfeeding 3... I loved the confidence I felt when i was breastfeeding and had boobs for the first time in my life. I went to a size C cup and honestly was so happy with the results, I would recommend my surgeon to anyone. I have also successfully breastfed twins since having them done, no problems what so ever. PM if you have any other questions, happy to help :).

Maybelline
22-01-2011, 18:29
I got breast implants 5 years ago..have had one child since then breastfed no probs...
I am very happy with them , have had no problems at all...they cost around $12 000..they apparently need to be redone every 10 years..but my mum had hers for 34 years no redo...
so there is a ongoing cost with them..also in the way of bras and clothes..coz everything gets a bit tight (I went rather large)
I will get them redone in about 5 years ...change size..maybe a lift etc...

missjess86
22-01-2011, 20:57
i got implants almost about 2 years ago, and just had a baby 2 months ago. Have had no problems breast feeding, they havent sagged or anything. Love them :) my implant size was 350cc's round. And i went from a B cup to a D cup. they dont look fake because i didnt go too big, you would never be able to tell theyre fake unless i told you.

Hannahly
28-01-2011, 08:50
I got breast implants 5 years ago..have had one child since then breastfed no probs...
I am very happy with them , have had no problems at all...they cost around $12 000..they apparently need to be redone every 10 years..but my mum had hers for 34 years no redo...
so there is a ongoing cost with them..also in the way of bras and clothes..coz everything gets a bit tight (I went rather large)
I will get them redone in about 5 years ...change size..maybe a lift etc...

I'm thinking I'm keen... What does your ma look like now that she is (60?? guessing) with perky boobs? That was my DH comeback to know bj this morning.

Is it really 12000? That is a ****load of money

Ngaiz
28-05-2012, 18:33
Subbing. I have researched this before. I am a 10AA but wear a 10B because they're easier to find but I have a gap. I've decided I will leave it until I have BF, and also due to the financial implications when mixed with IVF. There is a finance company in Australia (I forget the name) that finances cosmetic surgery interest free.

faroutbrusselsprout
28-05-2012, 18:41
I know lots that have had it done... All love them.. 2 have had encapsulation issues but have had them fixed. 1 has had them redone as she wanted bigger. My BFF fell off her bike in a very nasty bike accident and one actually "popped". It was like a deflated balloon!
All around the $10 - $12 grand.
I want them so so badly but I can't justify that teeny weeny tiny risk of my kids not having a mother!

PuppyGuts
28-05-2012, 19:44
Im booked in with pamela noon in brisbane next yr for a mummy makeover, tummy tuck, breast aug and lipo on bum and thighs. Its costing around 28,000 ive been paying it off for about 6 months now.

Im already a dd cup but i know they will sag after bf this baby and i want round perky boobs lol i want them to look fake but at my consult we spoke about shortening the chest gap as that scared me and some surgeons dont even mention it.

I personally wouldnt spend less than 8k on a boob job, ive seen alot.and all the ones around the 5k mark i think are dodgy same with thaliand jobs jmo. Actually the country with the best track record for hospitals and plastic surgeons is the chezch republic!! But id like to recover in my own bed lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

FertileMertile
31-08-2012, 17:31
Soooo worth it!!

I have had my girls for 16 months now and it's one of the best things I have ever done.

From the age of 15 I have wanted my boobs done as I always hated the shape and size but thought I would wait until after I had kids as I thought they may change.

So after 2 kids and dropping 30kgs I decided it was time to get them done. I went to see 3 different plastic surgeons and found out that my boobs were actually underdeveloped, which is why I wasn't able to BF. All 3 surgeons wanted to perform the surgery in different ways but I knew exactly what I wanted before going and decided to go with the surgeon whom I felt most comfortable with.

I ended up getting 550cc, round, moderate plus profile silicone implant which is larger then what most girls would go for but I spent hours and hours of researching pictures of other women that were similar weight and size to me and I knew that's the size I needed to go for my desired look. I started out as a 12/14 B but those bras were extremely padded and now I am a 12E. I look more like a D - DD cup and that's exactly what I was going for. I am a size 12 but have quite broad shoulders so I knew I could pull it off without looking like pamela Anderson :laughing:

So basically my advice would be...

Go to a few different plastic surgeons. It can be expensive but if you get a referral from your GP you can claim a lot back on Medicare

Make sure you use a plastic and not cosmetic surgeon. Cosmetic surgeons are basically a GP and plastic surgeons have had an additional 8 years training.

Look at LOTS of pictures to figure out your desired look.

Don't say what cup size you want to be as fake boobs size very differently to natural and you may be disappointed.

Basically just research research research! There is a fantastic breast implant forum where you will find a tonne of info and pictures of other women and their before and after pics. That can help you decide on how many CCs, what shape implant and what profile implant you would like to go. Silicone is by far the most popular in australia as it feels and looks the most natural but saline implants are always an option.

If you wish to PM to pick my brain feel free! I have learnt a lot in my years of research! Best of luck!

monnie24
31-08-2012, 18:08
PuppyGuts your having my dream :eek: I would love a tummy tuck when I was a teen I lost about 30 kilos in 6 weeks. My skin is gross :(:(

I'm definitely getting mine done after I have had kids (only because we need to buy a house first:rolleyes: terrible isn't). I would rather the boobs that is how much I want them HAHAHA.

All your stories sound amazing:cheerleader1:

OM
31-08-2012, 18:40
Do you have (or know someone with) breast implants? What was it like? Are you happy with them? And most of all, how much did it cost you?

I found the actual surgery itself pretty good. I did however struggle to lift my arms up high within the first few days. My incision was under the breast and under the muscle though which may be why. I went from a small B to a G and got 600cc gummy bear style, low profile implants so they look like a big natural pair of boobies (I have big hips so they make me look quite in proportion now). Alot of people are quite shocked when I tell them that they are fake.

Depending on the size implant you want depends on where they do the incision so I had no option unless I wanted to change to saline as to where they cut.

I also went to Thailand (Phuket) and I paid approx $6000 and had a fantastic experience. I was that happy with the surgeon I went back the year after and got a tummy tuck too!

jane34
31-08-2012, 18:48
I went to Thailand for mine. Cost me $5000 air flights, accommodation for 9 nights, spending money while there & the surgery. I absolutely love them. Had them around 2 years now. Feel free to message me for any more info.

CakeyLoaf
31-08-2012, 19:03
I had 450cc extra high profile (because Im short!)cohesive gel
Implants about 6 or 7 years ago. I love them. I used a very reputable plastic and reconstructive surgeon on the Gold Coast. They cost around $9000 but I think their prices are around $11000 or $12000.

Recovery took a bit longer than most as they were under the muscle and trans auxiliary (armpit incision). I was fine after a week and felt 100% after about 4 weeks.

CakeyLoaf
31-08-2012, 19:05
I wouldn't get it done somewhere in Thailand. I've seen some really bad augmentations with big complications, with women ending up paying more than they would have if they'd had them done through a reputable surgeon.

Therippleeffect
31-08-2012, 19:06
I'm also interested in this topic - thanks op :)

I do have a q for the ladies who have had it done - where was your incision (i note one pp said under the breast) what about the sort of armpit area?

Also scarring?? Any issues? Did your surgeon give you enough info re how your scar might look and were they accurate?

Thanks and sorry to hijack...

OM
31-08-2012, 19:08
I wouldn't get it done somewhere in Thailand. I've seen some really bad augmentations with big complications, with women ending up paying more than they would have if they'd had them done through a reputable surgeon.

I recommend you research your surgeon wherever you go. You can get dodgy surgeons here in Australia too ;)

The surgeon I went with guaranteed that if by any chance anything were to go wrong it would be fixed free of charge.

OM
31-08-2012, 19:11
Also scarring?? Any issues? Did your surgeon give you enough info re how your scar might look and were they accurate?

I was told the scarring would be minimal and it was correct you can hardly see the scar I have now. It's right in the crease of the breast so you'd have to be at a very odd angle to ever see it.

Sarelou
31-08-2012, 19:20
Subbing!

Cherry18Bloss
31-08-2012, 19:23
Ditto

FertileMertile
31-08-2012, 19:27
I personally wouldn't have got mine done in Thailand (just my personal preference) and after I had my surgery I'm glad I didn't! I had quite a hard recovery and the first few days were hell, much much worse then my c/s. I couldn't imagine being in a foreign country going through that. However mine were placed under the muscle (incision was under the breast) and I'm a very fit person and did a LOT of weights and chest work so my surgeon did say that my chest wall muscle was thicker then most. I will be honest though I am quite the sook! :laughing: I guess I didn't expect it to be worse then my c/s so that came as a surprise. I also had heaps of nerve pain but after 2 - 3 weeks I felt pretty good!

Mumalicious
03-08-2013, 21:40
Hi everyone, :wave:
I'm just wondering what surgeons anyone could recommend (or would steer away from) I'm going to get my boobs done later this year and am willing to travell for a good surgeon but there's so many to choose from and it's a tough choice. Can anyone offer any advice regarding surgeons please?? :fingerscrossed:

FertileMertile
03-08-2013, 22:25
Google just breast implants. There is a fabulous forum which has heaps of info. It's mainly American but there are heaps of Aussies too. Also in my first post I mentioned a few things that might help :)

Night Owl
03-08-2013, 22:31
I had mine done about 6 years ago. No issues breastfeeding.

I was probably a 10aaa....not sure as l dont think they even make bras for how flat l was. I got around 260cc implants which made me a 10b. They look very natural especially now that l have put on some weight after two kids.

Mine cost around $11,000. Never regretted it.

I saw 3 plastic surgeons before choosing my dr, and l based my decision purely on his work not price.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

PuppyGuts
03-08-2013, 23:08
I'm going in 2 weeks to the cosmetic institute in Sydney, a friend just got hers through them and had a great experience, and they did a feature on today tonight noting ago about how they are competing with the overseas market now so have dropped the price. I'm paying 6k all inclusive

PuppyGuts
03-08-2013, 23:11
Also a big contradiction to what I said earlier but I Became desperate after having my son my boobs are so gross now :(
After having the consultation with surgeon about tummy tuck I decided to wait until my kids are a bit more self sufficient as the recovery is about 6 weeks and there is drains and stuff! So got a bit scared about that lol but I can't wait for my BA

happy86
04-08-2013, 14:54
Had mine done 6yrs ago went from a cup to c cup and I love them can hardly see scars and I'm now having my second baby since after having them done and they still look great just a bit bigger :)

ilovelookup
08-01-2014, 01:21
HI. this is my surgery story.

Q. Why are you planning on having a breast surgery?
A. I've always had small breasts but after giving a birth, breast feeding made my breast to go even smaller and saggy.

Q. What do you expect to be changed in your lift after surgery?
A. For starters, clothes would fit me better. And I would definitely be more confident.

Q. How are you preceding this surgery?
A. She has asymmetric breasts. As her right breast seems slightly smaller than her left, a 270cc implant will be inserted into the right breast while an implant of 220cc will be inserted to the other side in order to match the size. In terms of bra size, her breasts will be adjusted to full B or C.

Q. Is there any change after surgery?
A. Now I have got volume on my breasts, which didn't show before. I used to be shy when wearing those low-cut tops. But now I am confident in wearing them.

Q. What do you think about your breasts and how do you feel now?
A. They feel very soft and it feels like they are really a part of my body now.
I would definitely like to recommend a breast surgery to anyone who wants their confidence back and improve their self-esteem as that’s how I feel now.

refer to this video. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-mqB7tGvI:smiliedance: