View Full Version : 3 dominant follicles - to cancel or not
I have just been told by my gyn/ob that I have 3 follicles over 12mm. 2 are the same size and the 3rd is smaller but still hasthe potential to develop. I am on day 8 and have ceased daily ovulation induction injections. I am trying to decide if we should go ahead with TTC this cycle. Apparently 20% chance of pregnancy, 5% change of twins and less than 1% chance (1 in 125 chance) of triplets.
I would be happy with twins but would certainly prefer not to have triplets.
More of an ethical delimma than a technical question. Ay ideas??
What has your ob suggested? If it was me I would go ahead with the cycle and see what happens. 1 in 125 chance of triplets is pretty slim but I guess you just never know. I guess I would base my decision on how long I've been TTC for and how many cycles have you done etc?
Sorry for the late response only just came across your thread.
Multiples comes with many more risks than singltons and that's what I'd be concerned about. Personally no, I wouldn't take the chance with 3.
Thanks for your replies girls. Ob said it was up to me to decide. We decided to go ahead - will let you know how it all goes.
Good Luck Hun. I'll be checking back to see how you went.
Hope all goes well and you get your BFP soon...
Glad you've decided to try. I had 2 large and one small and had IUI and I still didn't fall pregnant that month. Good luck.
Good luck hope everything goes well
Just signed back on to bubhub and saw my last post. In case your interested.... fell pregnant that cycle with a gorgeous baby boy who is now 17 months old!
Congrats Carters Mum!
I honestly can't even remember writing my post in this thread but I was pregnant at the time and I still have major baby brain happening. I also had a little boy who is close to 20 months. It's great to read a follow up after so long...especially one with a happy outcome. Congrats again :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.