PDA

View Full Version : Denise Drysdale's comment on "The Circle" ...just plain wrong!

HelenHasTwins
12-04-2010, 11:59
I was just watching "The Circle" on channel 10 and they were discussing sperm donors and IVF ......AND Denise Drysdale made a comment saying " IF god wanted you to have a child he would give you one"

This really made me mad:banghead:

faroutbrusselsprout
12-04-2010, 12:02
Urgh...good one Denise..:no:

Bubs'n'Roses
12-04-2010, 12:06
Clearly god skipped out on giving her a brain.

Erin21
12-04-2010, 12:07
I was just watching "The Circle" on channel 10 and they were discussing sperm donors and IVF ......AND Denise Drysdale made a comment saying " IF god wanted you to have a child he would give you one"

This really made me mad:banghead:

i dont think she ment to offend, but the other lady corrected her while ago umi said about ivf babies are frenstein babies

HelenHasTwins
12-04-2010, 12:10
I sent them a email...it really upset me:(

Love is all you need
12-04-2010, 12:14
I agree it was horrible :banghead: and I actually watched that part and wondered how long it would be till it is a topic on here, I can't believe she said that I usually like her :no:

Glad though that Georgie tried to point out how she was so wrong, I think none of the other three knew what to say.

And good on you Helen for sending an email hopefully she does an on air apology to everyone who has been down that difficult path of idiotic comments like that :hugs:

Lemonhead
12-04-2010, 12:18
So wrong! What a stupid ideology!

I find alot of what is said on that show is just plain offensive sometimes. Its a terrible show TBH, Im surprised it has survived this long.

FertileMertile
12-04-2010, 12:22
Ive actually never watched the show b4.

I think a comment like that is easy said when you havent had problems conceiving your children

Im sure her opinion would be different if she was faced with fertility problems.

*babygirl*
12-04-2010, 12:23
I saw it too... It kind of looked like it just slipped out... And I couldn't help but wonder how Many times SHE had been told that when she was little, TTC iykwim.... She looked really ashamed and the others called her on it quickly. It was a horrible thing to say though.

12-04-2010, 12:23
Yes, God created everything perfect and the devil created science and we should go back and live in caves :rolleyes:
I wonder if he she feels the same way when she goes to the dr. or if she'd ever have an operation for anything. Having such an extreme view on what natural is and this is how God made your body.
Next she'll be saying to chemo patients, if God wanted you to be cancer free, he would take it away himself.... or is it only limited to one science????? :sleeping:

Chub Chub
12-04-2010, 12:32
Her nickname is Ding Dong....very appropriate me thinks.

Boobycino
12-04-2010, 12:33
I'm sorry, thats just a dumb comment. :no: Good work complaining!:yes:

Deserama
12-04-2010, 12:34
Who cares what she says, she's an idiot anyway! Never liked her.

~Candy~
12-04-2010, 12:38
Who cares what she says, she's an idiot anyway! Never liked her.

LOL :iagree:

Jennaisme
12-04-2010, 12:41
I don't watch the show, but out of curiosity, does she have kids? Maybe if she can't have children, naturally or through IVF, it's one of those things that sustain her?
Mind you, she still shouldn't be saying that sort of thing on national TV, or to anyone else for that matter, just because she believes it.

cmd'smum
Clearly god skipped out on giving her a brain.

:laughing:

Helen :hugs::hugs:

SimplyMum
Oh dear! She's going to be in big trouble for that one! :rolleyes:

1+1=5
12-04-2010, 12:46
what a stupid and insensitive thing to say :banghead:.

we haven't had issue with fertility, i can only imagine how shattering it would be to not be able to have a child. you don't have to have a vivid imagination to be able to see that.

Little Gorilla
12-04-2010, 13:03
I have heard alot of stupid things said on that show. I no longer flick to it during the day if I happen to be watching something other than ABC kids!

I'd love a talk back type show with some real female brain power on it.

*Sparkles*
12-04-2010, 13:03
It was a very insensitive thing to say.
But I have never considered her to be the sharpest tool in the shed anyway :rolleyes:

Lemmings
12-04-2010, 13:05
Totally not a decent thing to be saying on national television thats for sure, But Im sad to say I know a few people who strongly believe in this sort of thing. Same goes with operations and what not. If god wanted it this way..... so on and so forth. You'd be amazed how many people believe this. But it poses the question to me. If something was happening to them or someone they loved would they soon change their attitude?

TaylasWorld
12-04-2010, 13:10
I can't believe she'd hurt peoples feelings like that...oh wait yes I can:thumbsdown:

PuppyGuts
12-04-2010, 17:00
some people may have that opinion and if they do well thats their problem, but she should know better considering how long shes been on television for like, how tacky?

Pax
12-04-2010, 17:17
there is nothing wrong with her comments if you respect her belief system. that is her values and beliefs so stop personalising it.

CookiesRYum
12-04-2010, 17:36
I didn't see the show - I was at work - but I have heard her talk about her beliefs before and from what I understand she is quite religious and has a strong faith that for her incorporates beliefs about this sort of thing.

I think she is perfectally entitled to that opinion if that's how she feels; although I don't know if she should have said it on national telly.

I am sure many many ppl believe that; doesn't mean they don't believe OTHER ppl shouldn't use IVF.

It the same as ppl who don't believe in blood tranfusion or opt not to resus. I don't get arm in arms over their beliefs and think they are judging me because i do accept blood and would be resus.

Pax
12-04-2010, 17:37
meh they hired her probably to cause controversy to bring attention to their show... :rolleyes:

i say who is to judge.

Looshkin
12-04-2010, 17:41
:thumbsdown:

Sad though, I agree baby girl generally such opinions are not anyone own's but the thoughtlessly swallowed and regurgitated views of someone obviously narrow minded and bigoted.

12-04-2010, 17:42
I have no probelm with people having that belief system for themselves. But not when they put it onto others.
Did she say 'I believe if I'm meant to have a baby god will give me one' or did she use 'they're and 'them'? That's the difference for me.

Pax
12-04-2010, 17:42
:thumbsdown:

Sad though, I agree baby girl generally such opinions are not anyone own's but the thoughtlessly swallowed and regurgitated views of someone obviously narrow minded and bigoted.

and that is YOUR view.

overitand36
12-04-2010, 17:47
Her nickname is Ding Dong....very appropriate me thinks.

thats what I was going to say

Ding Dong ding bat stupid old women not much difference

and yes the show is stupid

as far as god well lets not even get started on that

Pax
12-04-2010, 17:47
I agree it was horrible :banghead: and I actually watched that part and wondered how long it would be till it is a topic on here, I can't believe she said that I usually like her :no:

Glad though that Georgie tried to point out how she was so wrong, I think none of the other three knew what to say.

And good on you Helen for sending an email hopefully she does an on air apology to everyone who has been down that difficult path of idiotic comments like that :hugs:

you dont have to agree with everything someone believes in order to continue liking them.

So wrong! What a stupid ideology!

I find alot of what is said on that show is just plain offensive sometimes. Its a terrible show TBH, Im surprised it has survived this long.

Stupid, idiot, ding dong (suits her) etc etc.. what a bunch of hypocrites you are all.

Sorry but so over these threads where people criticise others for their 'unacceptable beliefs' and think they are entitled to have a slang match of a otherwise good person, because they disagree.

mum2bubba
12-04-2010, 17:53
I like Denise Drysdale but that comment is awful for ANYONE to say. I don't watch the show so obviously didn't hear it.

Sheer Bliss
12-04-2010, 17:55
Does she have any kids of her own? Is it HER way of coping with being unable to have children herself

Maybe her religious beliefs make her think this way. You can't really go off at her for how wrong she is if she is following her religious beliefs.

Either way - IVF has always seemed so scary to me, in a way it IS playing god. Maybe god didn't intend for some people to have children....however I like to think of it a bit differently....he DID give us brains, and the ability to develop things like IVF. So maybe the people he didn't 'give' babies to, he wanted to utilise their brains and the power of others to be able to get whatever they want!! Just because somone doesn't want you to have something, doesn't mean you aren't deserving of it OR that you can't have it!! Humans are resourceful - and have made that obvious. :yelclap:

Pax
12-04-2010, 17:55
I like Denise Drysdale but that comment is awful for ANYONE to say. I don't watch the show so obviously didn't hear it.

it is not awful to those that have faith in miracles (shrugs) I am not one of those, but i dont see it as awful..

everyone upset by it is expecting her to have YOUR belief structure.

cant you see it as just an interesting difference?

Pax
12-04-2010, 17:59
Does she have any kids of her own? Is it HER way of coping with being unable to have children herself?

:yes: http://www.singleparentbible.com.au/contents.php?id=8&p=10

Looshkin
12-04-2010, 17:59
and that is YOUR view.

Yes that is why it is written in a little box with the name;

Zeltronica

on it.

Geez Morrigan you have studied for a few weeks and now you are the belief vs morality police?

You realise policing others views is the same thing?

If she is entitled to her view, I am entitled to mine saying that I don't think it's a particularly thoughtful opinion nor a particularly empathetic opinion, certainly doesn't take into consideration the heartbreak some women suffer that don't really need that sort of thing rubbed in their face after years of an already incredibly (possibly unimaginably it seems) heart breaking and touch journey.

I'm on year 3 ttc, am just now waiting for a surgery after which my first cycle to start. You know what, you say that to me I feel somewhat warranted (and incredibly restrained and respectful considering) in letting you know that.

Pax
12-04-2010, 18:01

Zeltronica

on it.

Geez Morrigan you have studied for a few weeks and now you are the belief vs morality police?

If she is entitled to her view, I am entitled to mine saying that I don't think it's a particularly thoughtful opinion nor a particularly empathetic opinion, certainly doesn't take into consideration the heartbreak some women suffer that don't really need that sort of thing rubbed in their face after years of an already incredibly heart breaking and touch journey.

I'm on year 3 waiting for a surgery after which my first cycle to start. You know what, you say that to me I feel somewhat warranted (and incredibly restrained and respectful considering) in letting you know that.

sorry you see me as 'policing'

i am just over the hypocrisy of most.

SassyMummy
12-04-2010, 18:05
Yeah, it's a pretty contoversial statement to make, but I think this show is another attempt at an Aussie version of "The View," which ALWAYS has controversial topics, and one of the women ALWAYS seems to offend someone.

The fact is, this show would be pretty boring if the women all sat around nodding in agreement, nobody ever saying what they truly think for fear of upsetting "someone out there."

Not saying she's right in her comments, but the fact remains, this show is MEANT to cause a reaction. It's MEANT to be a bunch of women discussing stuff and all having a bunch of different opinions. Sometimes, that leads to fighting. Sometimes, the women say the most ridiculously offensive things.

Given that it's MEANT to be a bit controversial at times, why watch it if it's going to upset you? Sit in your lounge room, roll your eyes and go, "God D.D. is an idiot - she has no idea!" but I mean really, it's kinda the point of the show.

It's like watching Family Guy and getting offended that they're pretty... well... offensive. lol.

Busy-Bee
12-04-2010, 18:07
What a daft and insensitive thing to say.

I wonder how she explains how this atheist has one child and one on the way? ;)

overitand36
12-04-2010, 18:08
your against IVF anyway so no wonder your defending her believes

glad I am not the only one who thinks someone is the morality police

Zeltronica hope all goes well for you really soon

RoarsomeMum
12-04-2010, 18:10
SOME opinions I just think people DON'T have a right to express.. Such as Rape being "just a fun time for the ladies" and Incest being "gods way to allow you to enjoy your wife as a young woman again" and that "if God wanted you to have a baby he would give you one"..

I am TIRED of "A right to an opinion" Trumping "the Responsibility of being a decent Human being" - One who CARES enough about their fellow human beings to keep opinions like that to themselves FFS:hair::banghead:.

Theophania
12-04-2010, 18:14
I am horrified that she would say something like that on national television :eek:

Lets hope 'god forbid' that she never has to deal with cancer or illness of any sort where medical science could save her life, because... well.... if god wanted her to live he would not have struck her down with a terminal illness (for examples sake)

Here is what I want to know... If god didn't want us to have IVF etc why would he create us to be intelligent beings that could develop these sorts of medical science????

MermaidSister
12-04-2010, 18:15
:iagree: SOME opinions I just think people DON'T have a right to express.. Such as Rape being "just a fun time for the ladies" and Incest being "gods way to allow you to enjoy your wife as a young woman again" and that "if God wanted you to have a baby he would give you one"..

I am TIRED of "A right to an opinion" Trumping "the Responsibility of being a decent Human being" - One who CARES enough about their fellow human beings to keep opinions like that to themselves FFS:hair::banghead:.

Agreed...agreed...i don't state my opinions on IVF because it would be INSENSITIVE of me to do so. Because i had 2 children without even trying to. Because i do not KNOW what it feels like to be staring down the barrel of infertility and a childless life.

Pax
12-04-2010, 18:15
ok so sharing the journey with someone close to you on the IVF journey, and being their crutch and person to emotionally hang it all out on, does not entitle you to an opinion on it.

My opinion is based on what i have experienced, albeit through people close to me.

MermaidSister
12-04-2010, 18:17
It is a very different thing to experiencing it PERSONALLY.

Pax
12-04-2010, 18:18
It is a very different thing to experiencing it PERSONALLY.

i am sure it is. I KNOW that. Hell i heard all about it and wore it. :shakehands:

Amphictyonis
i am just over the hypocrisy of most.

:yelclap:
The holier than thou above everyone else attitude has amazes me..
Meh so you don't agree with her, thats nice... bet everyone doesn't always agree with you either.. ;)

SOME opinions I just think people DON'T have a right to express..

Im sorry, i love you to death, but EVERYONE has the right to an opinion on EVERY topic they have an opinion on, simple as that. Sorry but i can t believe you would think someone doesn't have the right to have an opinion just because they haven't lived it..
We would ALL have a hell of a lot of less say if that was the case. Im not saying there thoughts are right as they have no experience or that they wouldnt change their mind had they lived it.. But bloody hell they still have a right to an opinion based on their knowledge and experience..

Nowhere
ignorant moron, People need to learn to think before they say things esapecialy in the media.

overitand36
12-04-2010, 18:19
ok so sharing the journey with someone close to you on the IVF journey, and being their crutch and person to emotionally hang it all out on, does not entitle you to an opinion on it.

My opinion is based on what i have experienced, albeit through people close to me.

what you have lived is nothing

Not like someone who has actually done it themselves

Pax
12-04-2010, 18:19
ignorant moron, People need to learn to think before they say things esapecialy in the media.

Yes i guess that is my transition period at the moment realising that you CAN'T open you mouth these days except to go

aha,, ok, yeah, yes.. mmmm ... oh wow, yes....

Nowhere
12-04-2010, 18:24
Yes i guess that is my transition period at the moment realising that you CAN'T open you mouth these days except to go

aha,, ok, yeah, yes.. mmmm ... oh wow, yes....

havent read the whole thread nor will I, So i dont know what you are actualy refering to sory.

I just think that when making such cutting broad coments in the media, one should probably think before saying it. Thats just my opnion.

As for god being the one that decided well he may be the all mghty but he gets things wrongs, Horrible nasty peadifiles can often have children yet loveng wonderful people cant, Why if god is so good would he give a peadiaphile the abilty to ahve childrne, if its al part of his plan,

Mum2Mimi
12-04-2010, 18:26
:eek: how thoughtless & insensitive! :gloomy:

CookiesRYum
12-04-2010, 18:30
what a lot of bollucks.. why is it suddenly ok to call someone stupid and carry on like galahs because you don't agree with someone's opinion... not very p.c of you all is it...

it's just hypocritical....

BTW: I don't AGREE with what she said, but it's her opinion and she is entitled to it..

Mathermy
12-04-2010, 18:35

Zeltronica

on it.

If she is entitled to her view, I am entitled to mine saying that I don't think it's a particularly thoughtful opinion nor a particularly empathetic opinion, certainly doesn't take into consideration the heartbreak some women suffer that don't really need that sort of thing rubbed in their face after years of an already incredibly (possibly unimaginably it seems) heart breaking and touch journey.

I'm on year 3 ttc, am just now waiting for a surgery after which my first cycle to start. You know what, you say that to me I feel somewhat warranted (and incredibly restrained and respectful considering) in letting you know that.
:kiss:

Izy
12-04-2010, 18:39
Yes, God created everything perfect and the devil created science and we should go back and live in caves :rolleyes:
I wonder if he she feels the same way when she goes to the dr. or if she'd ever have an operation for anything. Having such an extreme view on what natural is and this is how God made your body.
Next she'll be saying to chemo patients, if God wanted you to be cancer free, he would take it away himself.... or is it only limited to one science????? :sleeping:

She actually had breast reduction surgery and has admitted that it was the best thing she ever did in her life.

I agree with others that it is a very offensive thing to say about other people, but at the same time I'm not going to crucify her for her opinion. She's entitled to it.

I'm not going through IVF and I feel offended!

Amara
12-04-2010, 18:43
She is entitled to her opinion just like everyone here is.

Theophania
12-04-2010, 18:45
She actually had breast reduction surgery and has admitted that it was the best thing she ever did in her life.

See I am sure god gave her those boobs for a reason right :confused: I can't see how that is not doubles standards?????

sockstealingpoltergeist
12-04-2010, 18:45
She is entitled to her opinion, however if you are in the public eye sprouting hurtful BS people will get upset and call you on it.

What she said was rude and hurtful, and obviously she hasn't experienced the pain of infertility and is lucky enough to have children.

Empathy goes a long way.

Love is all you need
12-04-2010, 18:51
you dont have to agree with everything someone believes in order to continue liking them.

Completely agree Morri (in reference to my post) that's why I said usually like her, just not on this issue :D:yes: I never said that this comment made me not like her, just not on that instance - if that makes sense

I don't agree with everything my brothers believe but still love them :goodvibes:

Oh and I completely agree with SSP

Pax
12-04-2010, 18:52
Completely agree Morri (in reference to my post) that's why I said usually like her, just not on this issue :D:yes: I never said that this comment made me not like her, just not on that instance - if that makes sense

I don't agree with everything my brothers believe but still love them :goodvibes:

Theo it probably is double standards however she obviously doesn't see it that way :no:

its daunting when people we otherwise like or respect sprout crapola we dont like :hugs:

its a bit of a double take hey?

I spose i have lived too long already.. i am getting used to it.

kribby
12-04-2010, 19:28
As a religious believer and someone who has a child through IVF there are just so many things wrong with her comment it's not funny. the comment itself is offensive but the logic behind it is completely inaccurate also!

1) God doesn't just strike with a stick and say hmm that's it for you your dead! just as he doens't wave his magic wand and say hmmm no babies for you!

2) if god (which again he doesn't decided but by her views) didn't want people having babies he would not have introduced people in this world to create the miricle that is IVF. not that these people have anything to do with God either!

3) most of infertillity is due to genetics which are passed down from your ancestors and also environmental! God has nothing to do with it. God is not the reason i have PCOS, the reason i am over weight, the reason i have red hair he/she has nothing to do with the way i am "genetically" he does however have to do with the way i am "personallity wise"

4) god is not the reason bad or good things happen in the world PEOPLE are the reason things happen in the world. (aside from the TRUE miracles) does she think god decided to put people on the earth that would grow up and crash 4 planes on 9/11?? i tell you what if i believed that i would no longre be religious!

5) while i sit here, next to me is the baby "i'm not meant to have" and that is really hurtful! for two reasons the obvious being that i don't deserve her because "god" thinks i shouldn't, and secondly because it is a complete misinterpretation of religion!

God doesn't pick and choose what people are like genetically he can only guide us to find answers to fix the hurdles we face.

she is a public figure. a statement like that is disgraceful, just as many football for e.g. players are reprimanded on their actions as should she! as a lot of public figures are.

and you know what yeah she's entitled to her opinion but she should also know her opinion is probably now gonna get her in deep sh!t by public airing that complete BS to the nation!!!!!!!! so there's my opinion

Leeee
12-04-2010, 19:35
onya kribby! high 5.

kribby
12-04-2010, 19:39
onya kribby! high 5.

Where's the high five smiley?? Lol thanks I'm glad it made sence to someone.

hunnybunny
12-04-2010, 19:51
She is entitled to her opinion, however if you are in the public eye sprouting hurtful BS people will get upset and call you on it.

What she said was rude and hurtful, and obviously she hasn't experienced the pain of infertility and is lucky enough to have children.

Empathy goes a long way.

:iagree:

Yes, she is entitled to her opinion, and people are also entitled to say they think its rude and insensitive and very hurtful.

Also, to whoever said that they could have an opinion on IVF after being there for a friend who went through it, sure you can have your opinion on it, but believe me unless its been you going through it you have NO idea.

Leeee
12-04-2010, 19:56
Where's the high five smiley?? Lol thanks I'm glad it made sence to someone.

i'm christian, gay and ttc. a lot makes sense. hmm yes we definitely need a high 5 smily.y where are those pesky mods when you need them? lol

kribby
12-04-2010, 20:03
i'm christian, gay and ttc. a lot makes sense. hmm yes we definitely need a high 5 smily.y where are those pesky mods when you need them? lol

I'd love to know her opinion on gay people hey .mpeg? Narrow minded views like hers are the reason so many people have a problem with religion! And to tell you the truth if that's the way she views religion than she's not as religious as she thinks!
Ps hope you get you baby soon!

StrawberryTheMilkshake
12-04-2010, 20:03
Oh wow....thats a dumb thing to say.....

A bit out of line....

Izy
12-04-2010, 20:04
:eek: pesky mods? I shall leave you all to name call!

Nah, shall put it forward as a suggestion once the baby stops crying. Should releive DH of the joyful teething screams...

Leeee
12-04-2010, 20:10
lol no we're having issues with finding a donor in brissy atm and dp's period is chucking a spaz which is annoying cos it's always been so regular. can't afford ivf so it's diy until further notice.
from what i understand she's implying that if you can't have sex and fall easily, you don't deserve to be a mum. to me that includes if you outright refuse cos it just wouldn't feel right or do anything for your self-esteem or relationship come to that.
the fact that there's that element of choice is important though. if i was straight and infertile and had to have ivf it would hurt more cos it wouldn't be my fault that my body won't let me do one of its basic functions. that she's implying that we shouldn't also cos we don't want to just have sex wiht a man still hurts but not as much, cos for all i know maybe i might fall easily if i did.. iykwim?
all she's proving is she's a close-minded dimwit. and she's revealing it in public which makes her an idiotic closed-minded dimwit.

Leeee
12-04-2010, 20:11
:eek: pesky mods? I shall leave you all to name call!

Nah, shall put it forward as a suggestion once the baby stops crying. Should releive DH of the joyful teething screams...

naww you know we all wuvs you guys :angel: :D

1+1=5
12-04-2010, 20:14

Empathy goes a long way.

:iagree::yes:

12-04-2010, 20:19
As a religious believer and someone who has a child through IVF there are just so many things wrong with her comment it's not funny. the comment itself is offensive but the logic behind it is completely inaccurate also!

1) God doesn't just strike with a stick and say hmm that's it for you your dead! just as he doens't wave his magic wand and say hmmm no babies for you!

2) if god (which again he doesn't decided but by her views) didn't want people having babies he would not have introduced people in this world to create the miricle that is IVF. not that these people have anything to do with God either!

3) most of infertillity is due to genetics which are passed down from your ancestors and also environmental! God has nothing to do with it. God is not the reason i have PCOS, the reason i am over weight, the reason i have red hair he/she has nothing to do with the way i am "genetically" he does however have to do with the way i am "personallity wise"

4) god is not the reason bad or good things happen in the world PEOPLE are the reason things happen in the world. (aside from the TRUE miracles) does she think god decided to put people on the earth that would grow up and crash 4 planes on 9/11?? i tell you what if i believed that i would no longre be religious!

5) while i sit here, next to me is the baby "i'm not meant to have" and that is really hurtful! for two reasons the obvious being that i don't deserve her because "god" thinks i shouldn't, and secondly because it is a complete misinterpretation of religion!

God doesn't pick and choose what people are like genetically he can only guide us to find answers to fix the hurdles we face.

she is a public figure. a statement like that is disgraceful, just as many football for e.g. players are reprimanded on their actions as should she! as a lot of public figures are.

and you know what yeah she's entitled to her opinion but she should also know her opinion is probably now gonna get her in deep sh!t by public airing that complete BS to the nation!!!!!!!! so there's my opinion
:thumbsup:
If I left it up to God, ds wouldn't be in this world, and what a sad world it'd be without our bubs, cause they're awesome!

kribby
12-04-2010, 20:24
:thumbsup:
If I left it up to God, ds wouldn't be in this world, and what a sad world it'd be without our bubs, cause they're awesome!

lol exactly the human race would die out. PEOPLE have just developed a way to survive lol
imagine life without our babies mybabyleo... Acutally don't it'll make us sad!
But hey nice to know DD thinks god doesn't think we deserve em hey!?

Baldie's Mum
12-04-2010, 20:37
Totally not a decent thing to be saying on national television thats for sure, But Im sad to say I know a few people who strongly believe in this sort of thing. Same goes with operations and what not. If god wanted it this way..... so on and so forth. You'd be amazed how many people believe this. But it poses the question to me. If something was happening to them or someone they loved would they soon change their attitude?

There are people who are on BH that wrote PM's to me suggesting how wrong i was to be doing IVF at 22yrs old! How i was playing god.....blah blah blah!!! I would love them to be in the position of infertility!

there is nothing wrong with her comments if you respect her belief system. that is her values and beliefs so stop personalising it.

Morrigan is back! :cool:

it is not awful to those that have faith in miracles (shrugs) I am not one of those, but i dont see it as awful..

everyone upset by it is expecting her to have YOUR belief structure.

cant you see it as just an interesting difference?

You HAVE to be joking....Miracles........OH GOD! In my case of infertility, there would have been NO miracle! EVER!!! I realise these are not your views......(miracles) but to even suggest it is just wrong! Why....cause, when you have a medical condition that stops your from falling pregnant and holding a baby inside you, there is no "miracles" that will happen without an IVF lab or surgeries!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: To the circle....i will be e-mailing them OUR story of infertility!

and :eek: (and another icon BH doesnt seem to have) to you people that think the same way as that drisdale woman!

Nowhere
12-04-2010, 20:42
There are people who are on BH that wrote PM's to me suggesting how wrong i was to be doing IVF at 22yrs old! How i was playing god.....blah blah blah!!! I would love them to be in the position of infertility!

Morrigan is back! :cool:

You HAVE to be joking....Miracles........OH GOD! In my case of infertility, there would have been NO miracle! EVER!!! I realise these are not your views......(miracles) but to even suggest it is just wrong! Why....cause, when you have a medical condition that stops your from falling pregnant and holding a baby inside you, there is no "miracles" that will happen without an IVF lab or surgeries!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: To the circle....i will be e-mailing them OUR story of infertility!

and :eek: (and another icon BH doesnt seem to have) to you people that think the same way as that drisdale woman!

HUGS ains, I thought of you the minute i read this thread and it got me angry cant imangine your thoughts on it.

As for miracles I agree, in many many cases yes a miracle would be great but in reality its a dam good Dr or surgen that is needed. WE get told all the time that its because of god that DD has made it through so many surgeries like a miracle from god, We think its got mre to do with the surgens steady hand.

Baldie's Mum
12-04-2010, 20:46

Yes, she is entitled to her opinion, and people are also entitled to say they think its rude and insensitive and very hurtful.

Also, to whoever said that they could have an opinion on IVF after being there for a friend who went through it, sure you can have your opinion on it, but believe me unless its been you going through it you have NO idea.

:iagree:. And its great to have people that love and support you, but they will never know the heartbreak you feel, just by going to the letterbox, and imagining having your own babies to play in the front yard and then going back to your reality that it may NEVER happen. :gloomy:
Just like i will never know the pain depression brings to a person going through it. I have never been clinically depressed, but i have friends who have tried to end their life from it.

Baldie's Mum
12-04-2010, 20:49
HUGS ains, I thought of you the minute i read this thread and it got me angry cant imangine your thoughts on it.

As for miracles I agree, in many many cases yes a miracle would be great but in reality its a dam good Dr or surgen that is needed. WE get told all the time that its because of god that DD has made it through so many surgeries like a miracle from god, We think its got mre to do with the surgens steady hand.

I agree amy, without Drs amazingness (new word, give it to me!) Miki probably wouldnt be here. :hugs: Thank the Drs she is though! :D

Like if it were up to "god" i would never have children, cause my uterus was a funny shape and could never hold babies until it was fixed!

Nowhere
12-04-2010, 20:51
I agree amy, without Drs amazingness (new word, give it to me!) Miki probably wouldnt be here. :hugs: Thank the Drs she is though! :D

Like if it were up to "god" i would never have children, cause my uterus was a funny shape and could never hold babies until it was fixed!

Exactly, and why would anyone think that someone as wonderful as you shouldnt have kids, If thats gods will then thats stupid.

1+1=5
12-04-2010, 20:53
God gave us intellect for a reason. IVF is a miracle!

Love is all you need
12-04-2010, 20:55
Big :hugs: Ains I immediately thought of you when she said that and was hoping you didn't hear it!

I'm so glad you got your miracle :bee: in the circles defense it was just Denise the others quickly jumped on her saying it was stupid......and I agree I don't know how people can think like that...

But they obviously haven't been in your heart breaking position!

Baldie's Mum
12-04-2010, 20:59
To not have children and to suggest that some humans dont have the "right" to have children is aweful. I dont care who you are, what beliefs you have....you may as well say that some people dont deserve medical treatment for medical conditions that could be life threatening....

Love is all you need
12-04-2010, 21:04
To not have children and to suggest that some humans dont have the "right" to have children is aweful. I dont care who you are, what beliefs you have....you may as well say that some people dont deserve medical treatment for medical conditions that could be life threatening....

Completely agree and if it wasn't for the medical treatment that others think "god wouldn't have let that happened" I would be here today :no:

Baldie's Mum
12-04-2010, 21:10
Imagine if she said "oh if god wanted you to live, he wouldnt have created cancer!"

or

"why do you need to have chemo, your going to die anyway!"

talia11
12-04-2010, 21:13

FFS are you kidding me??? So if she had spouted about how we should reinstate assimilation with the aboriginals or go back go charging homsexuals with a criminal offence, people should just accept it without comment because they are her values and beliefs? :confused:

Sorry - the minute any idiot wants to make comment on something that has affected me - well I am gonna personalise it...

I don't care if someone has an opinion and I am the first to enjoy a constructive discussion - but comments such as 'if God wanted you to have a baby, you'd have one' - are just plain and simply an insult to human intelligence in general....

Roopee
12-04-2010, 21:43
So, in her looooooooong absence from our screens she still didn't manage to find her brain then?
If these are the types of comments she is sprouting as her "opinion' then she is a twit-plain and simple.

MsMummy
12-04-2010, 21:55
She's a moron.

iMischa
12-04-2010, 21:59
cant stand that woman.

for everyone extremely offended, would u like me to put a flaming bag of poo on her doorstep?

*hugs*

Leeee
12-04-2010, 22:01
lol put it under her pillow :D

kribby
12-04-2010, 22:02
cant stand that woman.

for everyone extremely offended, would u like me to put a flaming bag of poo on her doorstep?

*hugs*

Yes please :D and maybe you could call some media out to capture it and drop her daks while she's tring to get the poo off

Baldie's Mum
12-04-2010, 22:03
cant stand that woman.

*hugs*

Do you know were she lives???? :detective:

I would love to give her a dose of infertility...How bout to one of her daughters.....does she have any???? :devil6:

iMischa
12-04-2010, 22:03
ill film the whole thing and then sell it to the higest bidder ;)

HelenHasTwins
12-04-2010, 23:06

Could not have said this any better myself...Thanks Hunny Bunny....

Thank you ladies for thinking it was as horrible as I did...It really hurt me and I was very angry...

And for those who have turned this thread into a huge debate....That is not what it was about...I was venting about how hurt I was and how it would have hurt other ladies.

FertileMertile
13-04-2010, 00:06

Stupid, idiot, ding dong (suits her) etc etc.. what a bunch of hypocrites you are all.

Sorry but so over these threads where people criticise others for their 'unacceptable beliefs' and think they are entitled to have a slang match of a otherwise good person, because they disagree.

grow up. :rolleyes:

:)

what a lot of bollucks.. why is it suddenly ok to call someone stupid and carry on like galahs because you don't agree with someone's opinion... not very p.c of you all is it...

it's just hypocritical....

BTW: I don't AGREE with what she said, but it's her opinion and she is entitled to it..

FTR I also dont agree with her statement but I dont see the reason for all the name calling :)

I am sorry for those who were offended but at the end of the day as long as you have a healthy bubba and are a loving parent, it shouldnt matter how they were conceived :)

bumMum
13-04-2010, 00:29
god shmod!

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 06:00
:)

FTR I also dont agree with her statement but I dont see the reason for all the name calling :)

I am sorry for those who were offended but at the end of the day as long as you have a healthy bubba and are a loving parent, it shouldnt matter how they were conceived :)

Once the baby is here, it doesnt matter. But, dyrsdale clearly thinks it does! She is under the impression that the only style of conception is the natural one. Wonder if her opinion would change if she watched her daughter try and try and try and try and suffer every day through infertility.

And not that i was offended by your comments, but i do find it VERY ironic that your username is "fertileMertile".......(just my strange way of thinking! LOL)

Have you suggested to a very passionate breatfeeding advocate that it shoudnt matter how they are fed, just as long as they are healthy and loved???Just curious, cause i am pretty sure it wouldnt go down very well! In theory YES you are right, but some people have strong opinions....(hummm interested to see how that thread would go now! :confused:)

PuppyGuts
13-04-2010, 06:43

Empathy goes a long way.

i agree
shes in the media, like its just obvious she shouldnt make comments like that.

how is it that a COMEDIAN can say something FUNNY AND TRUE and it gets all over the news yet she can say something as hurtful as that on a morning show and its all 'oh, its her opinion' shes entitled to it
christ, its somewhat MY opinion to, but i would never say it around a group of woman TTC- its just plain mean imagine the woman that heard this? the woman going into hospital yesterday to have tests and stuff like how insensitive is that?

it definalty shows double standerds in the media for sure

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 10:05
just waiting for my appology........ :detective:

Amphictyonis
13-04-2010, 10:11
I would love to give her a dose of infertility...How bout to one of her daughters.....does she have any???? :devil6:

I would have thought you would have been the last one to make such a disgusting joke..
Why would you even make that comment, seriously.. :thumbsdown:

Solarberry
13-04-2010, 10:58
Why is she not allowed to voice her opinion?

Sure you might not like it but she is allowed to voice it.

PuppyGuts
13-04-2010, 11:08
not when its so controversial and could hurt alot of people

she can still have it, but she doesnt have to voice it so loudly noone really needs to hear it she wasnt helping anyone and i doubt that comment is gonna make women ttc throw their hand up and say "oh, well then if god doesnt want it to happen, lets stop trying!"

there was just no need.

Solarberry
13-04-2010, 11:12
There is no need for alot of opinions to be voiced but isnt it a wonderful country when we can voice them anyway??!

Like the saying goes-

I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

Reality is, people are going to have opinions we dont like. Doesnt mean they cant voice them though.

Lemonhead
13-04-2010, 11:29
I think theres a way to say things without upsetting people. She could have said, "If it were me, and I was having such trouble concieving, I would take it as natures way of saying I wont be having children"...the way she said it generalised that anyone having trouble TTC should just give up because they aren't meant to have kids.

Until your in that position you cant fully understand what that feels like. Its hard enough trying to have a baby and failing miserably and having that thought go through your own head without people saying it for you.

She has every right to voice her opinion, but she should either do it in a tactful, mindful way (consiering she is in the public eye) or be prepared for the backlash.

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 11:30
I would have thought you would have been the last one to make such a disgusting joke..

Your discusted with my comments....now you know how i felt with hers! Its the old saying, dont make a judgement until you have walked a mile in someone elses shoes! And she has 2 boys......around my age.

I wonder if she had an opinion on stopping chemo, cause your going to die anyway....i wonder how that would go down??? :detective:

RoarsomeMum
13-04-2010, 11:32
I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

Reality is, people are going to have opinions we dont like. Doesnt mean they cant voice them though.

to a Point.. As in yes I am glad we can voice our opinions.. (otherwise I would have to repress my opinion that she is a gigantic **** and her opinion was offensive and SUCKED)

Why defend her opinion at the expense of silencing others?.. She said a crap thing, people called her on it.. of COURSE I would prefer she not say it (or think it) at all, but since she did, this is the response..

Yes it is INDEED wonderful to have "free voice" just wish people were more interested in being "KIND" rather than just being "vocal" - lets embrace respect and empathy and a dash of human kindness as things I'd prefer to "fight to the death" for... (Just IMO, yanno, the one I have a RIGHT too like everyone else)

13-04-2010, 11:36
I think it's the fact that it's a show directed at women audiences, most of which are most likely mums and alot of those mums have had to use ivf or some other type of fertility drug to fall pregnant makes a difference. It's a sensitive and emotional struggle when you've had to deal with infertility, so an opinion like that can be very hurtful when its directed at an audience most likely going or have gone through that.
I don't like it when religious beliefs are thrust upon people either, it's not church and she shouldn't preach about what she thinks God wants because what god wants means different things to alot of people.
If a religious leader was on the same show preaching to women the same thing, would people still accept that as having every right to an opinion?
It's like political leaders bringing religion into politics, sure it's their belief and opinion, but with such a wide audience and the power of their words, it's not really appropriate.
This wasn't said around a dinner table or on a forum, but a medium that affects alot of people.
She should just be more sensitive and think about how her words affect her audience.

Poopandpee
13-04-2010, 11:44
[QUOTE=Solarberry;4673924]Like the saying goes-

[QUOTE]
:iagree: I love that saying, I do watch the circle most days and they do make alot of strange comments. They dont really seem to be afraid to voice anything.

kribby
13-04-2010, 11:45
Narrow mindedness breeds narrow mindedness that's quite obvious from some of the opinions on this thread.

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 11:45
I think it's the fact that it's a show directed at women audiences, most of which are most likely mums and alot of those mums have had to use ivf or some other type of fertility drug to fall pregnant makes a difference. It's a sensitive and emotional struggle when you've had to deal with infertility, so an opinion like that can be very hurtful when its directed at an audience most likely going or have gone through that.
I don't like it when religious beliefs are thrust upon people either, it's not church and she shouldn't preach about what she thinks God wants because what god wants means different things to alot of people.
If a religious leader was on the same show preaching to women the same thing, would people still accept that as having every right to an opinion?
It's like political leaders bringing religion into politics, sure it's their belief and opinion, but with such a wide audience and the power of their words, it's not really appropriate.
This wasn't said around a dinner table or on a forum, but a medium that affects alot of people.
She should just be more sensitive and think about how her words affect her audience.

Thank you for that! I dont like it when the PM or T.Abbott bring their religion into politics. We arent a country built on 1 religion, we are blessed with multi-culturalism. It just doesnt fit in. Just as Ding dongs opionion doesnt fit in.

Amphictyonis
13-04-2010, 11:49
Your discusted with my comments....now you know how i felt with hers!

Oh sorry, didn't realise two wrongs made a right......
Oh that's right because they don't.. ;)

kribby
13-04-2010, 11:52

I agree two wrongs don't make a right but she (according to alot of posts) is entitled to make such comments as is just her opinion.

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 11:56
Oh sorry, didn't realise two wrongs made a right......
Oh that's right because they don't.. ;)

No they dont, your right...I cant believe i stooped so slow as Ding Dong....

Also, are you a hubber in hiding....you dont have any info in your profile, I havent seen you round or following my story, and you havent got more than 30 posts.....So, who are you. :detective: (sorry to get off track LOL)

Amphictyonis
13-04-2010, 12:00
Also, are you a hubber in hiding....you dont have any info in your profile, I havent seen you round or following my story, and you havent got more than 30 posts.....So, who are you. :detective: (sorry to get off track LOL)

Im not 'in hiding' as a temporary measure im starting fresh with an anon identity due to some major happenings in the past (stalker).

I was here for years, had to close account and leave for a period of time and now im back but not exposing myself and my personal details.

I do know/have followed your long journey and my goodness your profile pic is beautiful by the way.. :goodvibes:

V8
13-04-2010, 12:03

I think that's so true, we have medical advancements for a reason, if not to use them! If it wasn't for medical treatment and lifesaving doctors my husband would be dead and i wouldn't have my wonderful kiddies. Did he deserve to die at 23 years old cause it's gods will or something? That's just stupid.

I agree with others it was insensitive, she can have her beliefs but i think it's wrong. There are plenty of people out there that probably shouldn't have kids and have no fertility issues at all and then there are those that are so deserving of children and are cursed with infertility. I'd support them 100% into having children hence why i'm being an egg donor so i can help a lovely couple acheive their miracle. They certainly deserve it as do many others out there that would make wonderful parents.

That show irritates me anyways, even more reason not to watch that rubbish. :barf:

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 12:07
damn stalkers!!! :cool:

oh very good then.......hummmmm still curious! :laughing:

HelenHasTwins
13-04-2010, 12:18
Well nothing mentioned on air, and no return email. ...but I couldn't watch the whole thing as I had my 2 babies from my fertility god to look after:laughing:

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 12:25
Helen, :laughing:! I watched the whole thing cause my baby that came out of a test tube that was put in me by my fertility god Dr Lok is making me feel simply aweful today......It sat on my bladder all night, so i slept about 2 hrs last night...So i am staying on the couch all day today!

And you know what......Its simply blissful being able to be in this position! :D No complaints here!!!! :goodvibes:

Nothinbg was mentioned and no e-mail......:no:

kribby
13-04-2010, 12:28
Well nothing mentioned on air, and no return email. ...but I couldn't watch the whole thing as I had my 2 babies from my fertility god to look after:laughing:

:yelclap: I didn't expect it they'd just be happy with the publicity good or bad unfortunately. Best way now to affect it is to change the channel.

HelenHasTwins
13-04-2010, 12:30
Yeah your right Kribby...won't be watching again;)
Not that I watched it really in the first place, just had it on in and my ears pricked when I heard what they were discussing.

kribby
13-04-2010, 12:46
Yeah I don't watch it either watched one episode and it peeved me. I'm sick or rip off shows this is quite clearly the "Australian" version of the view another show I can't stand.

And just too add.. Those people who say it just her opinion and we shouldn't bish about it well it's just hypocritical. We're just as entitled to and opinion as she is. Blah

Amphictyonis
13-04-2010, 12:50
And just too add.. Those people who say it just her opinion and we shouldn't bish about it well it's just hypocritical. We're just as entitled to and opinion as she is. Blah

While i agree with you on the right to have/voice an opinion just as she has, name calling and insults cross the line.

Pinkzy
13-04-2010, 12:51
For some reason, two of my closest friends believe this too. If they saw Denise's comment they would of been nodding in agreement with her :(

I'm sure the show will receive a ton of angry emails about this.

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 12:54
I fully support people having a bish about what she said but I don't support people saying she shouldn't have said it. I don't condone what she said but that's her opinion and she's allowed to have it, just like you're allowed to say your opinion on the topic.

If we start silencing people where does it end?

Yes but you must have tact....She is on a national TV program that appeals to women.....Most of those women would have children and some of them would have IVF, ICSI, and ART babies.....

Opinions YES, but, she also has to take responsibilty for her comments.:yes:

Pinkzy
13-04-2010, 12:55
I fully support people having a bish about what she said but I don't support people saying she shouldn't have said it. I don't condone what she said but that's her opinion and she's allowed to have it, just like you're allowed to say your opinion on the topic.

I see where you're coming from with this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and while I don't agree with what she's said at all...there are people out there who share Denise's point of view.

The thing is though I do think she'll probably be forced to apologise for saying it whether she wants to or not...simply because the majority of this show's audience are female and I'm betting some of those women have had or are undergoing IVF or other fertility treatments and I don't think Channel 10 would want to risk losing them as viewers.

melinc
13-04-2010, 13:14
Isn't Denise Drisedales knickname "dizzy" or "ditzy" or something the like.

Lets just say she was living up to it.

She's clearly a fertile and has no idea... I've been thru IVF for my two miracles - thank god I didn't have to rely on god in this instance.

Won't stop me from watching tho.... I love the program. Just think it's one of those
stoopid comments.

futureherder
13-04-2010, 13:19

I too think everyone has a right to their own opinion but airing it on national TV is very different to having it, also it would be different if they asked in her opinion but she was just sort of saying it as fact it sounds like...if I were her I would have said this is my opinion, my values that i hold myself by...but I wouldn't say something like that if I thought it...

I feel like I have the right to an opinion but not the right to hurt people with it and if I did I would be sorry. Not for my opinion but that I hurt people with it.

See I am sure god gave her those boobs for a reason right :confused: I can't see how that is not doubles standards?????

I was wondering if someone was going to mention this! I am sure she would say having a breast reduction is different from creating a human being but it is a double standard...

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 13:28
Isn't Denise Drisedales knickname "dizzy" or "ditzy" or something the like.

Lets just say she was living up to it.

She's clearly a fertile and has no idea... I've been thru IVF for my two miracles - thank god I didn't have to rely on god in this instance.

Won't stop me from watching tho.... I love the program. Just think it's one of those
stoopid comments.

Her nickname is Ding Dong.....

kribby
13-04-2010, 13:52
While i agree with you on the right to have/voice an opinion just as she has, name calling and insults cross the line.

yeah i agree but to make a statement like that you kinda gotta expect it its insulting and i can understand why people would feel the need to name call in retalliation

i agree with you. and yeah shes allowed to have it but i think as a public figure she really should have thought before she said something there are delicate ways to get your voice your opinion. i wasn't trying to have a go at people in my post i was just trying to point out that just as she has an opinion, so do i IYKWIM.

overitand36
13-04-2010, 14:30
WOW

this post was out of control last night on about page 7 where I left it

I think about every member has made a comment

FertileMertile
13-04-2010, 15:13
And not that i was offended by your comments, but i do find it VERY ironic that your username is "fertileMertile".......(just my strange way of thinking! LOL)

Have you suggested to a very passionate breatfeeding advocate that it shoudnt matter how they are fed, just as long as they are healthy and loved???Just curious, cause i am pretty sure it wouldnt go down very well! In theory YES you are right, but some people have strong opinions....(hummm interested to see how that thread would go now! :confused:)

You may find it ironic (and i guess it is! lol) but my thoughts on this subject would be the same regardless of my user name ;) I actually got the idea from watching 'Juno' too many times lol

Well this thread isnt about BF but seeing as you asked i will answer. I also dont think it should matter how bubs is fed, as long as both mum and bub are happy thats all that matters imo. I dont really get into the whole BF vs FF debate as its no ones business but your own :)

:iagree: I love that saying :)

Baldie's Mum
13-04-2010, 16:27
You may find it ironic (and i guess it is! lol) but my thoughts on this subject would be the same regardless of my user name ;) I actually got the idea from watching 'Juno' too many times lol

Well this thread isnt about BF but seeing as you asked i will answer. I also dont think it should matter how bubs is fed, as long as both mum and bub are happy thats all that matters imo. I dont really get into the whole BF vs FF debate as its no ones business but your own

Still havent seen the movie...I watched a tiny bit of it, and realised that it was about teen pregnancy and cried. So i turned it off....My bro told me what happens in it, and i just cant watch it! How can a teen get pregnant after doing it on a couch! LOL! I know its a movie, but welcome to my world of crazy sensitivity! I couldnt even go food shopping without ending up in the car in tears. Just what happens....:cool:

But it is kinda still making me laugh FertileMertile! :laughing: (small mind, sorry!)

Bountiful
13-04-2010, 16:56
I didn't see the show when these comments were made and I watch the show pretty regularly (ie. whenever it happens to be on channel 10 at that particular time :laughing:).. TBH Denise Drysdale actually comes out with thoughtless comments pretty often so it wouldn't be a purposeful slight at people that use IVF to fall pregnant. Having said that, she certainly could've kept that comment to herself or put in with a bit more tact, although how you can tactfully say what she said is pretty impossible isn't it?

It won't stop me from watching the show whenever/if ever I catch it, just as it doesn't change my opinion of DD - she's a duffer and has a perpetual case of foot in mouth.

I would also like to say that I am sorry to the Hubbers hurt by her comment :hugs:

Fuchsia!
13-04-2010, 17:33
I can't stand her and i can't stand the show. Take it as a idiotic opinion from someone that has no epathy and no idea what the reality is to be infertile or go down the rollercoaster ride of using IVF and other treatments.

Pax
13-04-2010, 19:55
If you suggested to a very passionate breatfeeding advocate that it shoudnt matter how they are fed, just as long as they are healthy and loved???Just curious, cause i am pretty sure it wouldnt go down very well! In theory YES you are right, but some people have strong opinions....(hummm interested to see how that thread would go now! :confused:)

That is very insightful :yes:

There is no need for alot of opinions to be voiced but isnt it a wonderful country when we can voice them anyway??!

Like the saying goes-

I feel some of you think I agreed with DD in my previous posts. I dont. I do believe though that she does have a right to voice it, even on TV.

I do not want our media turning into appropriate only viewing. I enjoy hearing all the different views.

To all those offended by the statement, what harm to society do you see by people like denise voicing such opinions as this about IVF. educate me. :)

I can't imagine it affecting many peoples views as the general consensus regarding IVF is that it is a 'normal' way to conceive in this modern day.

I honestly feel sad to see how many people claim they were hurt by it. It is not like she is a highly respected or influential person. She is an entertainer.

Izy
13-04-2010, 20:02
I see it as an issue that if enough people follow the example blindly it will make it socially unacceptable for someone to be able access IVF. Much like it was once taboo for a woman to be a single mum.

There is also the issue of politicians agreeing with that stance and taking their religious views with them when making laws.

We certainly don't want legislation to come in to further limit access... it's already too hard for same sex and surrogate type situations.

Pax
13-04-2010, 20:04
We certainly don't want legislation to come in to further limit access... it's already too hard for same sex and surrogate type situations.

and that is another issue all together too. :yes:

sunshine80
03-05-2011, 12:22
I just stumbled upon this thread......

What Denise and people like her need to realise is that, god DID intend for these and all babies to be born!

For starters.... the only differerence to natural conception is that the eggs are removed from the ovaries and put in a petri dish with the sperm - it's then up to the sperm to find the egg and for conception to occur. The only exception to this is ICSI for which the sperm in injected directly in to the egg.

So at which point is god involved? Is god in the sperm who either succeed or fail to fertilise the egg? Perhaps it's god who is the driving force for those people who don't conceive naturally to seek further help, as god intends those people to have children!

People should think before being so sure in their 'beliefs' which are so judgmental and make no logical sense. Whe I hear comments like that, all I think of is how narrow minded that person is. The comment itself has no effect on me because it's utterly ridiculous.

travelmum
03-05-2011, 12:37
I don't watch The Circle, I can't stand those women. I cringe enough when I see the promo on channel 10 for the next day.

Anyway, as for the original comment, I do not agree with it at all, but I do agree we are able to voice our opinions. Given the demographic of the viewers, it probably would have been better if she stuck to promoting Australian made furniture.

It's kind of similar to John Howard (???) saying all marriage should be a union between male/female. That generation have different views I guess.

overitand36
06-05-2011, 13:21
Anyway, as for the original comment, I do not agree with it at all, but I do agree we are able to voice our opinions. Given the demographic of the viewers, it probably would have been better if she stuck to promoting Australian made furniture.

It's kind of similar to John Howard (???) saying all marriage should be a union between male/female. That generation have different views I guess.

Generational views are one think, stupidity well that's just Denise Drysdale

something
06-05-2011, 13:27
They didn't call her Ding Dong for nothing!

BabelFish
06-05-2011, 13:56
I seriously think anyone who watches 'The Circle' on purpose deserves what they get.

katiana
06-05-2011, 14:07
They didn't call her Ding Dong for nothing!

she isnt on the show for her intelligence, thats for sure,
however, i personally dont understand how anyone would want that kind of ding dong reputation for their career.
sad and pathetic really.

elleandsam
06-05-2011, 14:35
I seriously think anyone who watches 'The Circle' on purpose deserves what they get.

Especially if they end up buying the products they endorse, the Ah Bra or whatever it is - uuuugly!

I don't agree with her comments, she has a right to believe whatever she wants however if she went on national TV saying "donchaknow the earth is flat?" we'd all call her an idiot. Seriously, Ding Dong, pick your audience better! The goal of a TV presenter is not to alienate and offend their audience!

PS I've loved reading this old thread and working out the username changes ;)