View Full Version : Parents of stubborn 41+ week babies and more?
I am currently pregnant again after having my beautiful son at 41+4 by induction. He was very stubborn and just didn't want to come out!
Just wondering if any of you have had similar experiences and what your consecutive births were like?
My reason for asking is a little silly, but I am due 5 days after a long weekend and am contemplating whether or not to try and get away in our caravan for one last trip before the baby comes! I know I will be taking it day by day at that stage, but I like to be organised and would need to book something in advance.. Oh, the unpredictability of a newborn! :D
All of mine have been around the 2 week overdue mark (2 induced).
I think if you have had one overdue baby you are more likely to have more
You hear of soooo many women whose first babies were overdue and the rest weren't...
I would be staying put if I was you (personally), could you plan something slightly closer to home? It is really great to keep yourself busy around that time and not be just sitting around waiting (esp when gonig past EDD)
dd born @42 weeks
ds born @38 weeks
ds2 born @37 weeks
With my first child I went 8 days overdue and I'm currently 2 days overdue with my second!
So for me it seems like my babies need to bake longer :yes:
I would stay close to home though as I've had HEAPS of pre-labour this time and a few false starts
Mt first was induced at 41+4
Second was induced at 40+6 (due to doctors schedule :()
Third was spontaneous at 41+1
I don't think you can 'predict' this sort of thing at all. I went into spontaneous labour with DS1 at 40+2 and went into spontaneous labour with DS2 at 41+4 and certain of dates both times.
We were supposed to go away camping 2 days after my EDD with DS2 but decided to stay put just in case (planned homebirth so didn't want to be away from my home), turns out we could have gone, but I preferred to stay put.
If you won't be too far away from a hospital then you could still go, just depends how comfortable you are being away at such time :)
i had my first induced at 37 weeks due to her going into distress and then i had my second at 40 + 5 spontanous birth and then my third was induced at its hard to say as they gave me the date of the 3rd august in early ultrasounds and then changed it to the 24th july so i had no choice but to go with their time frame which is why i got induced new time 42+1 this time i know my dates as i only hed the three periods from when my daughter was born and they match up thank goodness.
sorry for getting of the topic but i would go if you want to as long as there is a hospital there and then if you were to deliver whist away it could be at the hospital there m only concern would be going into labour in between towns. as you can always get transfered back to your hospital anyway with bubs. if you want to take the chance go for it, i would i mean there is no point putting your life on hold for bubs there is plenty of time for that when bubs gets here.
good luck on making your decision
Both my babies were overdue by around 2 weeks.
Thanks everyone, it's interesting to see how different everyones experiences have been!
I know things could change a million times before then, but from the sounds of things it is unlikely I will go into a super fast spontaneous labour a week early. We might just book anyway and see how we go closer to the date :)
Your right Amanda, I would be pretty annoyed if we didn't go, then the baby didn't turn up for another 2 weeks! Having said that though, we will keep it fairly close (3 hrs-ish) just in case.
Thanks for your replies!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.