PDA

View Full Version : Any one dobed some one into centrelink??

kath87
11-01-2010, 22:40
I'm thinking about it as this person is on single parent income living with her partner who also claims single doll payments and she works cash in hand... Now I don't mean to sound all high and mighty but I'm so sad that I have to go back to work 7 weeksafter having my baby just so we can stay aflot while people like this compleatly rip of the systm, I'm sick of it sorry rant over lol. Basicly what sort of info would I need to provide, I'm guessing the place she works were they live that sort of thing??? Also do you think it's chilidish to dob them in I have to admit it is due to a falling out...

iMischa
11-01-2010, 23:16
i wouldnt, but thats just me. i wouldnt like to be responsible for putting a family *thats right not just her but her kids* through a nightmare, she made the decision to be a scumbag and chameleon* will bite her in the A55 but it really isnt your business to get involved especially because it does seem at the moment u are feeling crap about your own situation and you have had a falling out. when the emotions cool down, u may not want this sitting on your shoulders.

sockstealingpoltergeist
11-01-2010, 23:33
I think your motives are not good.

I would never dob anyone in, I would be worried about what would happen to her children if she were caught as they will suffer too.

Pinkzy
11-01-2010, 23:57
I can totally see how tempting dobbing her in would be - but no I wouldn't do it. It's not worth the guilt you might feel afterwards for doing so, especially since her kids would probably suffer as a result of it.

Sooner or later she'll be caught out hun, it's only a matter of time before what her and her partner is doing is discovered by Centrelink and she'll get what she deserves then. Don't waste your time or energy on her, she isn't worth it.

sunflowermummy
11-01-2010, 23:59
I wouldnt either, especially if you have just had a falling out, she might straight away think of you :( karma will bite her big time, dont worry about that!!!

sam's mum
12-01-2010, 05:50
I would dob her in.

the sooner that she gets caught, the smaller the debt will be and the less likely that she will be prosecuted and go to jail. It also means that she will have had less time getting used to living on the higher income.

the longer it goes on, the harder it will be on her family when she eventually does get caught.

hailsntwang
12-01-2010, 06:19
This is ironic!

Yesterday I did dob someone in.

At my place of employment we have access to our Client's Centrelink Income Statements. (Client's sign consent which gets updated annually).

I print out a new updated version once a month.

For months now when I print out one of my Client's income statement it says that she is not partnered (she is) and is receiving maximum benefits.
Every time a new one gets printed and shows this I phone her up and warn her to go to Centrelink and do the right thing, and each time she ignores my warning.:banghead:

As I have a legal responsibility through my place of employment to report any illegal activity our Clients may be doing, and after giving her countless chances to fix it herself, yesterday I told Centrelink.

She and her partner have been together for more then 5 years, they have children together (all kids have his last name), he works full time, and still she has never said she is partnered to Centrelink.:thumbsdown:

For more then 5 years she has been ripping off the system. I find this absolutely amazing:eek:

Regarding my probability of feeling guilt over what I've done,

1. It is my legal responsibility

2. She IS BREAKING THE LAW (would you report her if she stole money off you??)

3. It is her fault for putting her children in that situation, not mine

Would I have done it if it wasn't a part of my Employment agreement - If I had the same information and substantial proof - HELL YES!:mad:

People who rip off Centrelink (knowingly) IMO are manipulative, conscientious of every lie they are telling, go out of their way to support the lie and deserve to be caught.

(I asked Centrelink what would happen in this instance and they told me that due to the extent of the fraud, (length of time it has been going on), the investigation once finished will result in Prosecution.)

Just not worth the risk if you ask me!

1+1=5
12-01-2010, 06:36
This is a really tough situation. I know people in the same situation (claimign single but are infact partnered) and I haven't/won't dob them in.

MilkingMaid
12-01-2010, 06:45
Yeah, I know someone who did this a few years back, it's really sucky, but no I didn't dob them in... would have liked to though...

Hails - you definitely did the right thing!

1+1=5
12-01-2010, 06:51
by the by, hails you definitly did the right thing as you were required to do that by law.

ladybugblue84
12-01-2010, 07:02
Meh I would dob her in. They are doing the wrong thing plain & simple! Why should you feel guilty at all? Perhaps if they get caught later like everyone is suggesting the consequences may be far worse! If someone robbed a bank & you knew about it would you report it or keep it to yourself for fear of feeling guilty because they had to face the consequences of their actions?

Sorry but centrelink cheaters really peeve me off! It's up to you what you think the right thing to do is but they have a special telephone line set up for this type of thing so you know what centrelink would want you to do!

WorkingClassMum
12-01-2010, 07:07
I'd dob them in. Granted your motive isn't from the best place

The longer it goes on the bigger the debt and the more the kids get hurt.

It's not you putting their kids in that place, it's them.

This is the one time I get narky about Tax Dollars - those taxpayer $$$$ - earnt by hardworking Aussies - are being stolen from all our kids, and us and the elderly.

It's no different than any other form of theft like shopplifting or pickpocketing or burglarising your house. Just 'cos anyone thinks that stealing from the government is a lessor crime or a victimless crime doesn't change it from being a crime.

purplepumpkins
12-01-2010, 07:23
Dob her in!!!!!
This is funny as I am going to be ringing centerlink and dob someone in today, this person is really ripping people off, especially someone dear to me, so yes I will dob her in. Dont feel guilty.

Myztiks#1Fan
12-01-2010, 07:27
:yes: i would dob her in. people like her make it harder for others to obtain payment when needed and she is frauding the system. sure your motives arent the best but i am sick of people frauding the system. it makes it unfair on the others who are doing the right thing

GabberQueeN83
12-01-2010, 07:32
I would also dob her in. Why should i be worknig my butt off while these people rip the system off?

When i needed help from centerlink i got nothing, so why should they get all this money from ripping the system.

Gumby
12-01-2010, 07:34
In would say dob her in. Dont feel guilty at all. She deserves whats she gets. I dobbed someone in maybe 2 years ago. All centrelink did was send her a letter questioning her situation (living arrangements/partner) She crapped herself and went straight in there and told them the boyfriend had just moved in and started receiving the appropriate payment asap. So no massive fine or anything for her but at least she receives what she is entitled too

alphafemale2901
12-01-2010, 07:35
I would dob her in.

the sooner that she gets caught, the smaller the debt will be and the less likely that she will be prosecuted and go to jail. It also means that she will have had less time getting used to living on the higher income.

the longer it goes on, the harder it will be on her family when she eventually does get caught.

:iagree:

And to put it in such a sensible and logical way is beyond questioning. So well put. However, if it were a friend of mine I think I would really find myself in a quandry.

I did dob someone in once - and it was a revenge thing. I'm a b!tch like that :devil6:

Jelly Baby
12-01-2010, 07:37
Stay out of it...it's none of your business. :no:

Mrs Nietzsche
12-01-2010, 07:39
No.

And tbh I find it pretty disgusting that someone would do such a thing out of revenge.

If you were all good with it when you were friends, don't be a hypocrite now.

I would be concentrating on my own situation if I was you.

florence
12-01-2010, 07:43
I would dob her in.

Poppetfish
12-01-2010, 07:45
DOB THEM IN!

If you saw someone you didn't like shoplifting. You would still tell security and it would feel oh so good. :devil:

This really isn't any differant.

alphafemale2901
12-01-2010, 07:49
And tbh I find it pretty disgusting that someone would do such a thing out of revenge.

Yeah - you're probably right - my moral compass is often on the fritz :devil:

Stay out of it...it's none of your business. :no:

Errrr...isn't it everyone's business if someone is ripping of the rest of the people in the country???

Urban Tumbleweed
12-01-2010, 08:05
I would definitely tell Centrelink. She is stealing. It is not ok!

lozie2
12-01-2010, 08:15

florence
12-01-2010, 08:20
Oh and to answer your other question, yes, I have dobbed someone into Centrelink.
You can do it online anonymously.
I did it about 7 years ago.
I don't regret it. It's stealing. Why should the taxpayer foot the bill?

Lockiesmum09
12-01-2010, 08:20
Hi :wave:

I would dob her in! I dont think its fair that she is getting away with it.

MsMummy
12-01-2010, 08:21
Personally, I have no issue in encouraging people to dob in a Centrelink/tax fraudster.

I understand the other argument - that they are people in the lowest socio-economic bracket, and they will wear a huge penalty, possibly even jail which will affect the children.

My partner has worked in job network for years, so he comes across a few fraudsters. Mostly people on newstart who are doing cash-in-hand work, or even ones who are being paid properly but they just lie about their income on their forms.

I think he's dobbed one or two of them in, but they were pretty extreme cases.

I don't know anybody who's committing centrelink fraud, but I don't know if I could actually carry through with reporting them. I think it would depend on how extreme it was.

Deserama
12-01-2010, 09:04
I was in a situation a few years ago where we were so up sh!ts creek financially that I was oh so tempted to go on single parent payment. I would have gotten A LOT of money and it would have help our situation dramatically. But all I kept thinking was what if I got caught? What would happen to me and my children? And it wasn't worth the risk so I didn't do it.

I thought of my kids because it was up to ME to think of my kids...no one else. I could not justify being a theif!

So yes I'd dob her in. It's her responsibility to think of her kids...not yours. She's a theif so therefore a criminal! And it's not fair that she wrought the system while everyone else struggles to make ends meet on what they have. Not only that but it's people like her that makes it hard for everyone else.

Myztiks#1Fan
12-01-2010, 09:18
Not only that but it's people like her that makes it hard for everyone else.

it makes it much harder. i am wondering how hard it will be for myself to go back on the PPS when coop comes home. i dont want to go on it but i have to otherwise we couldnt afford to eat tbh.

i think you should do the right thing and definatly dob her in

iMischa
12-01-2010, 09:46
well i agree with maire, its none of your business what she does. doing this out of revenge because ur peeved u hafto go back to work yourself, will only send the chameleon* bus your way eventually.

Mathermy
12-01-2010, 10:03
I don't think I would/could. I don't know why, I know they are doing the wrong thing but I just can't imagine myself getting involved.

I would definitely feel icky about doing it for revenge, that's kind of ugly and would make me feel worse.

kath87
12-01-2010, 10:11
Wow thanks for every ones comments... I'm really torn about this whole thing because tbh I hadn't even considered the effect it would have on the kids. The thing is centrelink would have to prove it to take the case any further right?? So Im really just hoping that is scares the **** out of her which is what she deserves and they change there payment to the correct one, I know it's not my business and I know it's not coming from the right place but these people owe us so much money that they now refuse to give us which is a big part of why I have to go back to work and I am so mad that they can just cheat and lie there way out of every thing while we and others like us have to work so hard just to keep ontop of things. I have had enough of people getting a free rid off of my tax paying back. Might I add because she is down as a single parent she some how got a brand new washing and fridge.

iMischa
12-01-2010, 10:17
well if she wont pay u back while living off large ammounts of money thats just wrong. but she WILL know it is u, and when peoples familie unit are put at risk they have an idea about who has done it, they can get quite feral so be very careful.

rfm08
12-01-2010, 10:21

The longer it goes on the bigger the debt and the more the kids get hurt.

It's not you putting their kids in that place, it's them.

This is the one time I get narky about Tax Dollars - those taxpayer $$$$ - earnt by hardworking Aussies - are being stolen from all our kids, and us and the elderly.

It's no different than any other form of theft like shopplifting or pickpocketing or burglarising your house. Just 'cos anyone thinks that stealing from the government is a lessor crime or a victimless crime doesn't change it from being a crime.
:iagree: And the part I bolded, definatly brings home the reality of what they are doing and who it affects

xxchloexx
12-01-2010, 10:40
im always tempted in dobbin my brother in! he is exactly the same! and he does it to help buy his drugs! but i couldn't put my nephew through that, no matter how horrible of a person my brother is! maybe one day is he pushes me to far i will!

halloweenmum
12-01-2010, 10:44
I would dob her in.

This is ironic!
Regarding my probability of feeling guilt over what I've done,

1. It is my legal responsibility
2. She IS BREAKING THE LAW (would you report her if she stole money off you??)
3. It is her fault for putting her children in that situation, not mine
[/COLOR]

well i agree with maire, its none of your business what she does. doing this out of revenge because ur peeved u hafto go back to work yourself, will only send the karma bus your way eventually.

Sorry but I dont agree with your opinion... Centrelink receives in excess of 4500 tip offs PER MONTH. Centrelink fraudsters cost taxpayers in excess of a whopping 750 million per year (well they did in 2006 at least) if the OP is working and paying tax, its definately her business to have this person caught...

OP - I have sent you a detailed PM asi have some info for you :)

Boobycino
12-01-2010, 10:45
I couldn't dob someone in... but... gee.. thats a bad one - not delcaring income AND not paying tax AND living with a partner AND claiming single payments.... I wouldn't dob her in personally, because its just not in me, but I would definately struggle to have a friendship with someone who was doing that.

Right now I'm struggling with the idea that if/when I leave DP, I've been offered a 3rd job, nannying 2 half days a week, but I've run the figures through the centrelink estimator and taking into account the adjustments to payments, paying tax, the cost and time of public transport, I'll be earning a whopping $4 per hour.... so... its just not worthwhile! So I can see how someone in the position of being single - and ACTUALLY being single, where they're just over the earning threshold, and they can work an extra 8 hours a week, to not declare that additional income - because its either not take the job at all, or not declare the income.

BUT - what she's doing is a world apart from that. And the fact that I dont think I'll even take this job thats been offered to me, because its not wothwhile... and she can freely earn money, get full payments, share the cost of living, and get away with it - yeah... its irritating.

But PERSONALLY I couldn't do it. But I'd totally support anyone who drops an annonymous tip into centrelink to maybe check her out more closely.

And in the long run you could be doing her a favour. If she carries on like this for, say, 5 years, she could have to pay back about $100,000 if she's claiming full benefits and not entitled to anything :eek: Thats a lot of money to be in debt!!! Maybe its better off for her in the long run to be caught sooner rather than later :yes:

But I've never reported and I dont think I would... it would depend....

84zsazsa
12-01-2010, 11:03
Im completely blown away as to how many of you get into this rubbish...I can see some of you sitting there **rubbing your hands together...smiling like a goodie no good do-er**

Do people really have that little to do in their lives that they run around dobbing in people doing the wrong thing!?!?!?...:dizzy:

I personally couldnt give too hoots...I got enough on my plate without worrying what Jo-bob I know is doing with the government handouts. The government are pricks when it comes to help anyhoo so they get everything they deserve in my eyes. I would simply mind my own business & focus on my own life. Karma is quick & hard to those that abuse it...no need to be superhero.

As for friends oweing money...easy...fool on you for giving it to her in the first place. Best lesson my mother ever taught me was never lend money to family or friends...it ruins relationships...I thought that knowledge was old news.

Amara
12-01-2010, 11:11
well i agree with maire, its none of your business what she does. doing this out of revenge because ur peeved u hafto go back to work yourself, will only send the karma bus your way eventually.

I can't believe this type of attitude exists. Seriously if the OP or her partner pays tax then it is her business. The person who is being discussed is ripping the Govt off & because of her & all the other fraudsters out there we are all paying a good share of our tax money to such people. Personally I'd rather see people dob them in & let the money go to where it is needed. There are heaps of Govt run things that are desperate for funding & most of us honest people use them so again we suffer from Centrelink fraud.

As for karma coming in he OP's way, yes it will but it will be in a good way. Dobbing someone in for committing a crime is a good thing, not a bad thing. Karma will come the fraudsters way & if she's lucky it will just come in the form of a bad debt for the rest of her life, if unlucky it will be with a jail term.

Dob her in. You can do it anonymously.

You cannot rely on Centrelink just discovering the fraud. I know someone who did it for over 10 years & had two children in that time that both got given her partner's name. She never once got investigated but she stopped it when a new govt got elected & put a lot more money towards detecting such fraud.

I was going to dob her in but my husband at the time was against me doing it so I didn't do it. This woman lived in a huge house that they were buying, spent her days shopping or staying at home with the younger child, they never wanted for anything. Her husband earnt over $1000 a week every week (which these days is probably like earning about $2000 a week.

Yet when my husband who also earnt similar money became mentally ill & not able to work Centrelink could offer us nothing as we were married & there were no children & I was working part time. My solution was to get a full time job. That's the honest solution.

I always wish I had dobbed her in. I didn't notice any change in their lifestyle when she stopped receiving benefits so it was clearly just "play money to her".

Chaton
12-01-2010, 11:26
I have dobbed people into Centrelink before, but it was part of my job with a bank. It was only a few and most were people hiding large financial assets overseas while receiving income/asset tested payments - trust me these people really did not need the extra money and most their money went in and out of the nearby Casino.

It makes me really cross when people cheat the system, but I don't think I could dob on someone I knew and had been friends with, especially if I wanted to remain on good terms with them. I'm not saying you shouldn't, just that I couldn't.

SuperGranny
12-01-2010, 11:27
hi, to comment on the original post, I would suggest to centerlink to check out the person, because I suspect they are doing the wrong thing. I would be up front with the person because they are in debt to you and not making any effort to repay you.
I dont know how to get a quote thingy, but to 84zsazsa, "people having nothing better to do than to dob in people who are doing the wrong thing'. Im sorry, but why do you think it is ok to just let people do the wrong thing and get away with it. ??? Do you welcome people to steal from you?? because this is what the person who is ripping off the centerlink is doing. The government doesnt have its own money, all the "government money' comes from the tax payers and business owners in the country. I am happy for people who need it to get my money, but those who dont need it, have no right to take what they are not entitled to. Marie.

rfm08
12-01-2010, 11:33
Edited beacause i did indeed missread, and crazymama was right, apologies crazymamma!!

florence
12-01-2010, 11:43
I believe in Karma but I fail to see how it comes back on you for alerting the relevant authority to people who are doing the wrong thing?
It's funny how alot of people get really fired about about paying parents of child support doing the wrong thing yet they fire anyone down who suggests dobbing a person like this in for doing the wrong thing.
Hypocrisy at it's best. :devil:

84zsazsa
12-01-2010, 11:46
I dont know how to get a quote thingy, but to 84zsazsa, "people having nothing better to do than to dob in people who are doing the wrong thing'. Im sorry, but why do you think it is ok to just let people do the wrong thing and get away with it. ??? Do you welcome people to steal from you?? because this is what the person who is ripping off the centerlink is doing. The government doesnt have its own money, all the "government money' comes from the tax payers and business owners in the country. I am happy for people who need it to get my money, but those who dont need it, have no right to take what they are not entitled to. Marie.

To the first part...no I dont think it is ok to let people doing the wrong thing to get away with it but I also think what others do in their lives is THEIR business...if the wrong doing being dobbed in crosses that rule in my eyes (other then violence & threats to the life of another) I need to keep my sticky beak in my OWN life. The OP would be aware of the actions going on in that ladies life because they are friends...not because she was spouting off at some stranger in the shopping center about ripping off the government. The OP does not live in her house every waking minute or know every detail of her life or history therefore should mind her own judgements on the current situation & get on with living her own life. Its just an opinion Maire...Im aware others like nothing more then to diddy in others going ons.

As for your question...Do you welcome people to steal from you??...No I dont & if I CATCH them then I WILL deal with them as does the government.

As for the government.....its does have its "own" money...where do you think their $600 doller lunches come from...or limo's to conferrences...big fat bundles of a pay they decided for themselves each yr???? Im sorry to inform you but the minute the money leaves our hands to them it becomes THEIR money. That is the working of a country & exsisted since a civil society has. Centerlink has quite happily told me on several occasions that even tho we are in the worst unemployment rate in decades...your have a mortage & car & food that all need paying for...a child...need money to get to job interviews...have no one that can help us...have worked fulltime since leaving high school (myself 8yrs...DH 13yrs, 11 of those yrs defended our country in the Army)...Paid taxes combind into the hundreds of thousands....THAT..The "GOVERNMENTS MONEY" can not help me at this point & I will simply have to find help elsewhere. I will repeat again that once it leaves my hands it aint my money no more....:)

~Candy~
12-01-2010, 12:01
Yes I have.

sandy cheeks
12-01-2010, 12:08
I dont think I would dob someone in for revenge if I had to for my job and had proof thats kinda different but just to get back at someone then no.

Also I am single and I got a new fridge and washing M from my grandma and parents, I highly doubt centerlink give whitegoods out.

And if they owe you heaps of money why cant you go after them with debt collection or courts I am sure centerlink will catch on when they see they jointly owe people money only couples do that.

Solarberry
12-01-2010, 12:08
Read my signature pple.....

Same applies here. Karma will get her.

But to dob her in because you are jealous... thats just bad form.

As someone else said, you didnt have an issue with it before you had a falling out... so why now?

alphafemale2901
12-01-2010, 12:10
My sister in law is on sole parent's pension, gambles it all away each week and my MIL pays all her bills and exenses because she is afraid of how this impacts on her grandaughter. I also know for a fact that she was able to get whitegoods at the cheapest possible price through Centrelink but she has to pay Cnetrelink back a small percentage of her support payment each fortnight which is deducted before she even gets the money. I'm pretty sure people don't just get stuff for free. Sheesh I was a sole parent for 10 years and never got a hand-out like that. Kath78 perhaps your friend/non-friend has gotten this stuff in some way that I'm not aware of.

halloweenmum
12-01-2010, 12:13
Re the whitegoods:
Ok dont hold it against me, but i used to work for centrelink and yes its true if you meet certain eligibility you can receive essential items such as a fridge when needed. They dont exactly advertise it and there are loads of criteria to be met and proven that you absolutely need that item and cannot obtain it for yourself and that you will be in hardship or a life threatening situation without the item. Eg: a disabled pensioner takes life saving medication that must be kept refrigerated, their fridge blew up, they have zero funds in their bank account and unable to work due to their disability and not eligible to rent a fridge either due to bad credit or whatever, and so cant buy one. the list goes on, you get the idea..... from memory the pensioner has to go via a centrelink social worker as well.

Sorry for going offtrack with the thread just wanted to clear that up for anyone reading :goodvibes:

iMischa
12-01-2010, 12:14
Read my signature pple.....

Same applies here. Karma will get her.

But to dob her in because you are jealous... thats just bad form.

As someone else said, you didnt have an issue with it before you had a falling out... so why now?

well that was part of my point i just didnt get it out like that.

u knew she had been doing this before but didnt appear to have an prob until there was an issue and u had a falling out?!? if u knew about it before and was like these other high and mighty people and dobbed her in i wouldnt have an opinion on it, but this u are doing out of spite it appears so i dont really agree with that.

its just my opinion tho so no need to get huffy at me ladies. we are all entitled to one when asked.

Veritas
12-01-2010, 12:32

I think it's pretty poor form that you haven't broached the topic with her previously when your friendship was in tact, or reported them at that time.... Revenge is an ugly thing.....

But having said that, it doesn't negate the fact that they are doing something illegal.....

bumMum
12-01-2010, 13:06
hmmm i probably wouldn't dob them in..

illegal yes.. but not something I would dob a friend in for...

12-01-2010, 13:20
No, I wouldn't say anything. I know a few people that have done it, some got caught, some still do it. It's a huge debt to pay back, you have to go to court and probably get a criminal record, it's pretty serious. So I wouldn't put someone through that for sheer revenge or just cause I have to work and they're cheating. Just concentrate on your own life and don't worry about what others do, she'll pay back it back in other ways.

kobi'smama
12-01-2010, 13:48
im always tempted in dobbin my brother in! he is exactly the same! and he does it to help buy his drugs! but i couldn't put my nephew through that, no matter how horrible of a person my brother is! maybe one day is he pushes me to far i will!

What about the damage your brother is doing to his Son by doing drugs?

I would dob her in, I understand how you fell i went back to work full time after DS was born too and it sucks! We get nothing off Centrelink at all. I pay $238 a fortnight in day care (lucky i have family to watch him the rest of the time). People like this make me irate! Dirty scumbags who's morals are so low they dont deserve to have kids! :banghead:

Pinkzy
12-01-2010, 13:48
Crazymumma, I did not start this thread to create problems or have ago at people that are entitled to these benifits, I am not lieing about the white goods I was there when she filled out the forms I sat there flabagasited!! I don't appreciate being called a lier thanks

Hi again Kath :wave:

There is a scheme for not just single parents but also people on the disability pension and newstart who can receive new white goods through a Centrelink based organisation. A good friend of mine in Melbourne on the DSP received a new washing machine a few months back as her old one died :)

Just thought I'd put this here as Centrelink ARE helping people obtain new appliances in the instances where they can't afford them - nobody is making anything up about this :rolleyes:

As for dobbing her in, I still stand by my original post. Tempting - yes, but should you do it? No. It's not worth it as you might end up suffering as a result.

Deserama
12-01-2010, 14:03
Oh look don't take any notice of the Karma thing...there's no such thing. That's why bad things happen to good people all the time.

Pinkzy
12-01-2010, 14:05
Oh look don't take any notice of the Karma thing...there's no such thing. That's why bad things happen to good people all the time.

That is a wholllllle other thread :laughing:

Deserama
12-01-2010, 14:10
Yeh LOL Maybe we should keep it there and stop trying to preach it to Kath about the situation. She asked if she should dob them in and the answer is either yes or no...not Karma this and Karma that Karma Karma Karma Cameleon!

12-01-2010, 14:21
Yeh LOL Maybe we should keep it there and stop trying to preach it to Kath about the situation. She asked if she should dob them in and the answer is either yes or no...not Karma this and Karma that Karma Karma Karma Cameleon!
People do actaully believe in Karma, what's wrong with that?
You do something bad, something bad happens to you, it's creating negative energy and carrying it with you. It's not preachy or silly, it's a pretty simple concept. You know, do to other what you want done to you....

alphafemale2901
12-01-2010, 14:22
Oh dear

Baldie's Mum
12-01-2010, 14:26
yep, and dont regret it at all........She was taking heaps that she didnt deserve. I know how much her patner earns, and they didnt need any assistance! :rolleyes:

She payed it all back too!!!! :yes:

Deserama
12-01-2010, 15:04
People do actaully believe in Karma, what's wrong with that?
You do something bad, something bad happens to you, it's creating negative energy and carrying it with you. It's not preachy or silly, it's a pretty simple concept. You know, do to other what you want done to you....

This is sooooo OT but.....

I know what Karma is, I just think it's rubbish because the good have bad things happen to them...so what did they do to deserve that? What bad Karma did they put out? See....and yes it is preachy...it'd be like me saying "What would Jesus do?" LOL ;)

WorkingClassMum
12-01-2010, 15:19
Maybe it bad karma from the fraud that's led to the friendship breakdown so that the OP WILL dob her in - Karma works in funny ways...

Deserama
12-01-2010, 15:21
Yeh I was thinking that too. Maybe this IS Karma for the frauder. (If you believe in that)

Pinkzy
12-01-2010, 15:21
Since the thread has gone off topic...which I thought it would lol...does anyone else have that Boy George song stuck in the head now? I do!!

Deserama
12-01-2010, 15:23
Soooorry!! ha ha haaaaaaaaaa! (No I'm not really *evil grin*)

FionaV
12-01-2010, 15:29
I would dob them in without even hesitating. Would have done it before now, in fact.

Her children are not your responsibility. It is her responsibility to raise them within the law, and she isn't doing that.

Ring Centrelink now.

12-01-2010, 16:26
This is sooooo OT but.....

I know what Karma is, I just think it's rubbish because the good have bad things happen to them...so what did they do to deserve that? What bad Karma did they put out? See....and yes it is preachy...it'd be like me saying "What would Jesus do?" LOL ;)
Sorry not into the lingo what does sooooo OT mean?
I didn't mention religion or Jesus either so I still don't consider it preachy, it's a personal opinion about life in general, I'm allowed those aren't I, just like your expressing yours about not believeing it.
Yes bad thing happen to good people but this is a bit different, I'm not saying she's going to get cancer or some trauma, I'm saying if you betray someone, someone will betray you. If your going to do something like that for revenge, then you must be ok in life with people doing these things to you.
But whatever, I didn't mean to change the topic, just responding about a comment on karma that I felt was being ridiculed which I don't think is a ridiculous concept. Peace

WorkingClassMum
12-01-2010, 17:45
Sorry not into the lingo what does sooooo OT mean?

:DOT - Off Topic

:DOTT - Over The Top

crazymuma
12-01-2010, 18:24
Why has the post I made been taken off here????

crazymuma
12-01-2010, 18:27
Crazymumma, I did not start this thread to create problems or have ago at people that are entitled to these benifits, I am not lieing about the white goods I was there when she filled out the forms I sat there flabagasited!! I don't appreciate being called a lier thanks

Sorry but I am only questioning what you have said cause I know its rubbish - what forms did you witness and where did she fill them out then - please let me know as I would love some new whitegoods - as I am sure many bubhubbers receiving centerlink payments would. Seriously if we are entitled to this let us know how we get it!!

I will only accuse someone of lying when I truly beleive thats what they are doing!!

[Mod] Myztik
12-01-2010, 18:30
Speak to centrelink crazymumma. There is a scheme for people on benefits to get a no interst loan purely for whitegoods that can be paid back in little installments (like $5 a fortnight or something). I looked into it when I left my ex.

some info (this states it's available in particular area's but as far as I am aware it is available everywhere in australia)
http://www.familycare.net.au/Programs/ChildandFamily/NoInterestLoanScheme.aspx

crazymuma
12-01-2010, 18:32
Speak to centrelink crazymumma. There is a scheme for people on benefits to get a no interst loan purely for whitegoods that can be paid back in little installments (like $5 a fortnight or something). I looked into it when I left my ex.

Fair enough never heard of it but I still don't appreciate anyone that us pensioners still get these things for free!! Just feeding the ignorance and bad attitudes that alot of people have about single mothers and their money

[Mod] Myztik
12-01-2010, 18:34
she didn't actually say that her friend received those things for free. She said her friend got a new fridge and washing machine. I think you may be reading into it a little too much.

crazymuma
12-01-2010, 18:49
she didn't actually say that her friend received those things for free. She said her friend got a new fridge and washing machine. I think you may be reading into it a little too much.

Got that and I apologise if I am wrong but she still needs to realise that most single parents cop it from all angles from ignorant people who assume we get everything handed to us. The way she stated it I beleive will feed that ignorance in certain people (especially on this site) - no she didn't say they get it for free - she implied that though but not telling the full story - that it was interest free loan. Sorry but I feel I have had to defend myself so much about what I receive that when people make comments like these I have to say something.

Sorry to get off topic but I felt this had to be said.

Back to the OP - if you can live with doing it then dob her in - what she is doing is wrong and makes it hard for those of us who are doing the right thing and working to try and improve our situation.

Danni86
12-01-2010, 21:11
Im completely blown away as to how many of you get into this rubbish...I can see some of you sitting there **rubbing your hands together...smiling like a goodie no good do-er**

Do people really have that little to do in their lives that they run around dobbing in people doing the wrong thing!?!?!?...:dizzy:

I personally couldnt give too hoots...I got enough on my plate without worrying what Jo-bob I know is doing with the government handouts. The government are pricks when it comes to help anyhoo so they get everything they deserve in my eyes. I would simply mind my own business & focus on my own life. Karma is quick & hard to those that abuse it...no need to be superhero.

As for friends oweing money...easy...fool on you for giving it to her in the first place. Best lesson my mother ever taught me was never lend money to family or friends...it ruins relationships...I thought that knowledge was old news.

I could not have out that better myself i agree with everything you just said.. :yelclap:

kath87
12-01-2010, 23:52
This is going to be the last thing I post as it is getting a bit heated and that truely was not what I wanted, all I wanted was peoples thoughts on this matter and to every one that responded thanks heaps,crazymumma I'm truely sorry if it has come across to you that I'm having ago at single mothers/parents because Im not at all, I get if your a parent single you need all the help that is offered white goods included lol the whole point of this thread is that this person IS NOT a single parent, which IMO is a slap in the face to every one out there that really is.

Opinionated
12-01-2010, 23:58
Nup, I wouldn't do it.

I haven't always been an angel and wouldn't want some do-gooder dobbing me in.

I will only call authirities if someone could potentially get hurt. I once dobbed in a friend who was illegally importing hand guns. Obtaining money by deception isn't going to maim or kill someone, I will keep my good karma in credit.

WorkingClassMum
13-01-2010, 06:21

The government are pricks when it comes to help anyhoo so they get everything they deserve in my eyes. I would simply mind my own business & focus on my own life. Karma is quick & hard to those that abuse it...no need to be superhero.

It's not a case of rubbing our hands with glee getting to run to CL and dob in a thief, patting oursleves on the back like sanctimonius little prats

It's people with a laissez-faire really-don't-care attitude who don't give two hoots living in their own little bubble that let mongrels get away with rorting the system that are part of the problem.

I've seen too many people who genuinly try their best that do the right thing who suffer and whose kids suffer while leeches suck of the system.

The system is flawed, yes. But while scum continue to suck off the system, genuine people suffer.

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Boobycino
13-01-2010, 06:28
kath87 :hugs:

It sucks when threads get derailed and wander so far away from where you intended it to go.

I'm fighting back my maternal desire to demand that some people apologise to you :laughing: I just think I'm everyones mum sometimes :rolleyes:

I think you'll make the right decision either way. It is a tricky one, which COULD mean either way your wrong, but I just think it means either way you decide to go, as long as it sits well within your own heart, is absolutely the right choice :yes:

Boobycino
13-01-2010, 06:42
It's not a case of rubbing our hands with glee getting to run to CL and dob in a thief, patting oursleves on the back like sanctimonius little prats

It's people with a laissez-faire really-don't-care attitude who don't give two hoots living in their own little bubble that let mongrels get away with rorting the system that are part of the problem.

I've seen too many people who genuinly try their best that do the right thing who suffer and whose kids suffer while leeches suck of the system.

The system is flawed, yes. But while scum continue to suck off the system, genuine people suffer.

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

:yes::iagree:

If everyone was honest I wouldn't have had to jump through hoops when i was 37 weeks pregnant trying to prove that I wasn't working :confused: they made me sign up to a job agency when I was 39 weeks pregnant :confused: I had a 3 week old baby in my arms and they told me my application had lasped so I had to redo all my paperwork - hmmm... what do they think I'd been doing for the last 3 weeks, completely just wasting my time sitting on my **** at home... or you know, working and earning an income I'm not declaring... 3 weeks having had a c-section and all. Pfft!

IF everyone was honest, they could have taken one look at me gone "yep, you look pretty darn pregnant to me" and approved my application.

It was a joke. When I had 3 week old Jasper in my arms screaming and I'm STILL trying to prove that I've discontinued working because I WAS pregnant, the silly bit behind the desk is looking at the screan going "I dont know what to do :ecomcity: this forrm :ecomcity: that form need to be redone" and then an older lady (not older older, but old enough to have had children herself I guess) told me to just go home, she'd sort it out, take care of myself, and about 5 days later the money was in my account.

Anyhoo... greatful for the money I have - dont think I'm ungreatful!!! But if everyone was honest, they wouldn't have needed to make me jump through hoops like that! It was complete madness!!!