PDA

View Full Version : Do you wrap newborn when...

2BlueBirds
19-09-2009, 13:30
When you put your newborn in the pram (bassinet part) do you wrap them? Or just cover with a blanket?
I have no idea!

~BEXTER~
19-09-2009, 13:35
I use to wrap keiara the put the buckle done up around the outside of the blanket.

If it was a cold day I would also put a blanket around the top of her.

I always wrapped her when I put her down to sleep no matter what she was sleeping in.

Little-Pink-Hen
19-09-2009, 13:41
Depends my little one is happy not to be wrapped she doesnt
like her arms wrapped up so unless she is sleeping at night or out of sight during the day will I wrap her
If she is wearing cooler cloths I wrap her in there but most times our car capsual is attached to the pram so we can't wrap her when she is straped into the car capsule
most times I have a sheet over her in the pram or blanket if it's cold
do what you think is comfortable

mim1
19-09-2009, 13:43
If I wanted my ds to sleep he was wrapped in the pram with buckles over the top. :)

girly
19-09-2009, 13:45
I would wrap them, but also put a blanket over the top, or do the buckles up. Being pushed around a pram can cause them to roll...

It's happend a couple of times with dd. As young as she was it's like pushing her in the pram helped her body move around more...:dizzy:

TripleTime
19-09-2009, 16:02
If we're were out no, only because they would get cranky but they did have 2 blankets over them. Now they are only wrapped to go to bed & know that if they get wrapped its bed time.

mum2bubba
19-09-2009, 16:19
I just put the blanket on. I only wrap at night, I want him to eventually get used to not being wrapped.

Boobycino
19-09-2009, 17:09
If ever I've needed bub to go to sleep and he's not dropping off in the pram I would wrap him - otherwise not, there was no point. Because we had just a Maclaren Stroller I'd wrap them first and then do the buckles up - with the foot muff on he wasn't going anywhere.

I saw a little bub today when I was shoppping, maybe 3 months oldish wrapped, not buckled, in a reclining stroller (so not a bassinet or even a large pram, just a little stroller, no straps on and it was sleeping on its side. I was tempted to mention something to the mumma giving her the benefit of the doubt that she'd forgotten to do the straps up? - because I forgot to strap Jasper in when he was 4 months old and he fell out of the pram :eek::crying:

But I didn't want to be... errr.... nosey.... so I walked on by... but it would have been so easy for the bub to roll out, even if she just cornered a bit fast or when off a pavement wonky :(

I hope she noticed! (i hope she didn't do it knowingly!)

Wookie1
19-09-2009, 17:47
i always did in the beginning and i still do sometimes when i really want him to sleep. in my basinet pram i can till get the belt on when he wrapped.
:smiliedance::yelclap:

BigRedV
19-09-2009, 17:50
I only ever wrapped at sleep time and this included if she was sleeping in the pram

2BlueBirds
19-09-2009, 18:32
I was thinking that if DS (3 weeks) was in the bassinet not wrapped, then he might get 'agitated' while drifting off to sleep (arms gerking around etc...??) I took him for a walk earlier and lightly wrapped him in one of those light muslin wraps, not as tight as sleep time....
I guess I could try and not wrap him, so that wrap time is for sleep only (unless I do want him to sleep in the pram)
P.S my bassinet doesnt have a buckle!

Boobycino
19-09-2009, 19:24
I was thinking that if DS (3 weeks) was in the bassinet not wrapped, then he might get 'agitated' while drifting off to sleep (arms gerking around etc...??) I took him for a walk earlier and lightly wrapped him in one of those light muslin wraps, not as tight as sleep time....
I guess I could try and not wrap him, so that wrap time is for sleep only (unless I do want him to sleep in the pram)
P.S my bassinet doesnt have a buckle!

Good point, I forgot about the jerky arms thing! If you think its a good idea then its a good idea. Its sounds like its what you think is best then go for it :yes: