View Full Version : Positives to DP's being away
I thought we could come up with a list of the good things about our partners being away. We all focus on the negatives, so lets have a laugh.
1) - I dont have to shave my legs!
2) - I can have chocolate for tea!
3) - I can snore as much as i like!
I could come up with more but I will let someone else have a go!
Thanks Sharvs for this thread some more positives are:
I don't have to share the bed, doona or listen to DH snore!
I don't have to explain every purchase in the grocery shopping,
I can have a tidy house without stuff being everywhere &
there is less cooking, washing and dishes to do.
I hope that we can all see some of the positives of our lives, even if sometimes it can be a bit of a drag!
What a great thing to do...
1.I don't have to drive him to work every very cold morning.
2. I can have toast for dinner if I want.
3. I don't have to wash and iron uniforms.:smiliedance:
My hubby not in the forces but has been working away for the last 8 weeks, and I have to say
1.house stays clean and everything in its place.
2. don't have to have dinner cooked if i don't want to.
3. bed is ALL mine:D
Great. I have some more
1) I can watch Home & Away without him taking the p**s out of me
2) I get to take the credit for all the cool things DS does
3) I have cheap slippers that make my feet stink & there is no-one here to smell it :D (except DS but he cant talk!) ha ha ha
Great thread Sharvs :thumbsup:
1. I can hire ALL the girly DVD's I want without being teased about it
2. I dont feel guilty if I haven't vacumned
3. I know that whatever mess there is in the house is my own
My DH doesn't work away but there are times when i wish he would. Like when;
-he makes his breakfast at 5.30 am and leaves the kitchen bench covered in breadcrumbs, sugar and spilt coffee. I get up at 7 to find it has all set on to the bench. It was a very clean bench when i went to bed the night before.
- he says he has spent the whole day doing the laundry but i find it all still sitting in the washing machine.
- he leaves the bathroom a mess
- he hogs the doona and then gets annoyed when i try to get just enough to cover me.
-he does decide to wipe the kitchen bench after dirtying it bu tdoesn't wash the sponge.
-he wants me to explain why the grocery bill is as much as it is ( keep in mind we have 2 kids in nappies who drink formula, he wants muesli bars, lcm's etc for his work lunch box, we actually have to feed the kids too, he likes the expensive coffee and he drinks milk like it is going out of fashion - i think it will be cheaper to buy a cow)
- he watches violent movies with swearing whilst our 2 yr old is awake and wonders where he has picked up swearing and fighting from.
There are a lot more reasons but i think i have said enough. That was all waiting to get off my chest, thanks for starting this thread even though i don't exactly fit into it!
Oh - I've got more!
1. I can squeeze my pimples without someone going "oh - thats gross!"
2. I dont have to suffer the consequences of him eating indian curry for lunch
3. I can take as long as I like grocery shopping
4. I can BUY whatever I like grocery shopping
5. I can take as long as I like in the bathroom in the morning and at night
6. I plan on telling hubby that yes, I owned ALL of those shoes BEFORE he left (you just never take any notice of what I'm wearing - lol)
1. I have the whole bed including quilt to myself - instead of waking up in the middle of the freezing because DH is cozied up with all of the quilt.....Grrrrrrr
2. I can buy things for the house and dont have to comprimise on what to get :)
3. Not getting woken up at 5am whilst he gets ready for work and cant find his keys/phone/wallet/work clothes etc etc
4. Buying new clothes/shoes without having to justify the purchase :)
5. The house stays tidy most of the time as DH isnt there to leave CDs, papers, dishes, clothes, empty packets etc all over the house!!!!
6. I get Foxtel all to myself!
7. I can cook what I want for dinner
I love this thread!! thanks for starting it, i have laughed all the way through reading it. I think most of mine have been covered.
- The kids have no-one t go to when i say no to something! (daddy always gives in!) Now im the Boss and what I say goes!!! hehehe
- If i keep something aside for myself, like CHOCOLATE i know when i go to the cupboard to get it later, it will still be there!
-I dont have someone saying to me every afternoon, when they can see quite clearly that i have been busy all day with 3 children under 5 yrs "Whats for dinner??" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! I dont stuffin know, make it yourself you lazy Git!
-mmm the Bed, i love sleeping right in the centre of it, infact when he gets back, maybe he can sleep on the couch permanently!!!
- i dont miss cleaning the hair out of/and around the sink after he shaves in the morning!
Hang on do i even like my Husband????? hehehehehe
I think we have all forgotten the most important one:
The toilet seat is always down!
Except for those that have toilet-trained boys, sorry!
He he good thread! My DP left on Monday morning for a long stretch so thus far my list is as follows:
I can sleep like a starfish.
I dont have to pick up after him 24-7.
The toilet bowl stays clean! (Sorry tmi)
I can finish reading a book or two I bought and never got time to finish!
I can spend as much time as I want at the gym.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.