PDA

View Full Version : What lollie do you miss most from when you were a kid!!

logiesmummy
12-01-2009, 19:36
I am a bit of a suger addic!! I was just talking to a friend on the phone about my fav all time lollie and thought i would ask you girls what you most remember and what you miss!! I used to love choo choo bars!

confusd
12-01-2009, 19:48
i know they are still around but they arent the same as the old ones
milk bottles- they used to be fantastic
redskins and milko's

[Mod] Uniquey
12-01-2009, 19:57
I miss taking down bottles and being given 50 cents and the 50c worth of lollies would fill one of those white paper bags to the brim!

I miss King Rats, the 'old' taste of spearmint leaves, milk bottles, wichetty grubs and milkshake lollies. Ahhhhh, the good ol days :goodvibes:

MothersMilk
12-01-2009, 19:57
They still have my childhood favs around but i'll list them anyway

Redskins
Toffee apples
loveheart lollies
choc caramels

can't remember them all.
I loved getting a mixed bag of lollies from the shop when it was 2 for 5 cents :D

sunnyflower
12-01-2009, 19:59
Well it's not a lollie but it was called dessert whip.

It was a cross between icecream and cream and in a blue tub and it was soooooo yummy.

Myztiks#1Fan
12-01-2009, 20:10
I am a bit of a suger addic!! I was just talking to a friend on the phone about my fav all time lollie and thought i would ask you girls what you most remember and what you miss!! I used to love choo choo bars!

what are they, i have no idea. i used to love clouds. they were heaven, cant remember the last time i had one of them:cloud9:

Cath82
12-01-2009, 20:21
Although they are still around; I love Milkos, purple Zappos and Jersey Caramels...and also Killer Pythons...mmmm...:cloud9:

monkeytoes
12-01-2009, 20:27
We used to have a "Smurf Icecream". It was blue icy pole with vanilla icecream. And a "Jelly Tip" icecream too.

Myztiks#1Fan
12-01-2009, 20:33
Although they are still around; I love Milkos, purple Zappos and Jersey Caramels...and also Killer Pythons...mmmm...:cloud9:

oh yes, zappos mmmmmmmmmm, they always go down good but they have the sweetest taste n once you have one you have to have more

Mathermy
12-01-2009, 20:34
wobbly bars, only ever had one, think wonka made them. Loved rainbow freddo too :)

BlessedWithBlue
12-01-2009, 21:41
ooohhhh yum!! choochoo bars!! i have a kilo bag and a kilo bag of spearmint bars in my pantry ;)
ooohh i loved the heart lollies too

buster
12-01-2009, 21:46
Moon dust....it would all pop in your mouth like crazy then turn into hard chewing gum which was promptly spat out.

12-01-2009, 21:56
Cobblers:cloud9:

Exactly the same as fantales but distinctly unwrapped :D.

Oh and 'Dime Bars'. They were like hard crunchy thin caramel, coated in chocolate. They were absolutely delicious. Like hard Curly Whirlies. Then about 7 years ago they just disappeared. :(

12-01-2009, 21:59
Oh and the old type of Rainbow Paddle pop Icecreams (that didnt just taste like butter :( ).

Oh and those Fruju icrecreams. They were a weird shape and Pinapple, lemon and orange flavour. :cloud9:

missmilliesmum
12-01-2009, 22:08
I Loved Choo Choo Bars and Dime Bars! Yummo!

Does anyone remember an iceblock in the 80's called a 'Scribbler'?

They were awesome! They were an icy pole pencil with a chocolate ball as the tip! I used to get them from the school canteen!

And War Heads! You can still get em, but they were a classic!

Whoever liked Dime bars - you can get em at Ikea! They are sweedish and they sell em! I buy up big every time I go there!

[Mod] Uniquey
12-01-2009, 22:15
Does anyone remember an iceblock in the 80's called a 'Scribbler'?

:yes:Sure do, they used to feel gritty against your teeth, looked like a big, fat pencil and had a chocolate ball at the bottom. Yum!

I used to like Bubble-O-Bills too.

I also used to like Whizz Fizz with the little plastic spoon , chocolate cigarettes and Get fresh chewing gum in strawberry. The gum was tasteless, but once you chewed into it, you'd get a big squirt of liquid strawberry.

12-01-2009, 22:38
Whoever liked Dime bars - you can get em at Ikea! They are sweedish and they sell em! I buy up big every time I go there!

:eek::smiliedance::yelclap:

Me and my Mum were absolutely obsessed with them and she is coming inter-state to visit us tmrw... I can think of some serious mother daughter bonding that need to be done:thumbsup:.

1st Time Mummy!
13-01-2009, 00:36
Well it's not a lollie but it was called dessert whip.

It was a cross between icecream and cream and in a blue tub and it was soooooo yummy.

YEP!! Omigod, I had fortgotten about this!! It really was the most delicious stuff. Now that's taken me back!!

Also, Lypties, big white eucalyptus drops; and Rainbow Monsters, big hard coloured balls like mini gobstoppers. I loved them both.

jag5000
13-01-2009, 01:03
I miss milo bars.. the old ones!

also not really lollies but a lozenge called Irish Moss.. if anyone knows where I could get some of them I'd love you forever!! I have looked everywhere!!

Lil07
13-01-2009, 05:50
I didn't eat that much sweet stuff but when we were allowed to have a special treat I always opted for the strawberry freddo frog.

canberramomma
13-01-2009, 06:19
We used to have a "Smurf Icecream". It was blue icy pole with vanilla icecream. And a "Jelly Tip" icecream too.

Oh, Jelly Tips were my favourite ice cream! I also loved Spurts! And how the old pineapple lollies used to taste.

MothersMilk
13-01-2009, 07:02
Cobblers:cloud9:

Exactly the same as fantales but distinctly unwrapped :D.

Oh and 'Dime Bars'. They were like hard crunchy thin caramel, coated in chocolate. They were absolutely delicious. Like hard Curly Whirlies. Then about 7 years ago they just disappeared. :(

OMG diam bars :smiliedance::smiliedance::smiliedance: You can buy them in Adelaide still but only at ikea........sooooo yummy.

lavagirl
13-01-2009, 11:24
Yesss OP...choo choo bars..yummo! They have to be soft ..not chewy lol. I also LOVE spearmint lollies (soft also)..the ones like the milko's and the redskins.

There was also this iceblock I'd always buy..it was apricot with cream (I think billabong icecreams made it)...mmm yumm

oh..and another poter said cobblers....yummmmm..I want to go to the lolly shop now!!

Deserama
13-01-2009, 11:50
I used to love 'Magic gum' They don't have it anymore!

I tell you a really great place to go..."The confectionary warehouse" here in Brissie...it's full of those yummy lollies you don't see much of anymore...and even ones from other countries.

My Kiwi husband loves going there and picking up heaps of NZ stuff. And we go there every year the day after easter to get easter eggs at 50% off...we can buy our whole family a decent amount of eggs for $36 altogether! It's awesome!!! (and dangerous ;) )

Deserama
13-01-2009, 11:51
Yesss OP...choo choo bars..yummo! They have to be soft ..not chewy lol. I also LOVE spearmint lollies (soft also)..the ones like the milko's and the redskins.

There was also this iceblock I'd always buy..it was apricot with cream (I think billabong icecreams made it)...mmm yumm

oh..and another poter said cobblers....yummmmm..I want to go to the lolly shop now!!

Yes!!! Choo choo bars....I used to love em!!!

EmPowering
13-01-2009, 15:01
I used to love 'Magic gum' They don't have it anymore!

I tell you a really great place to go..."The confectionary warehouse" here in Brissie...it's full of those yummy lollies you don't see much of anymore...and even ones from other countries.

My Kiwi husband loves going there and picking up heaps of NZ stuff. And we go there every year the day after easter to get easter eggs at 50% off...we can buy our whole family a decent amount of eggs for $36 altogether! It's awesome!!! (and dangerous ;) )
omg i was just talking about this place to my dad, toms confectionary warehouse. that place is heaven:laughing: went there a few months ago and got lost, and yes they have alot of the old lollies you cant get anymore, american ones, new zealnd lollies lots.

bubbleyblossom
13-01-2009, 15:23
I loved Toffee Apples, the lollies, not the actual apples they were so good!!! Im gonna look for them somewhere haha

13-01-2009, 15:35
You can still get toffee apples at most (good) delis. I love them :D. 'specially when pregnant.

NibbleCurlynBub
13-01-2009, 15:45
Oh and those Fruju icrecreams. They were a weird shape and Pinapple, lemon and orange flavour. :cloud9:
My favourite thing in the world...

If only I could find the bl00dy things. :hissy:

aprileviesmum
13-01-2009, 15:52
Oh i think i know the icecream you two are chatting about.
It was an iceblock wih three fruit on it. The biggest one at the top was an orange,then the next smaller one was a lemon and the smallest and yummiest one at the end was a red strawberry ! Can't remember what they were called. But i used to have at least 3 or four ones a week from the swimming pool canteen. Defintley can't get them anymore. Im salivating from reading this thread:p

2girls&1boy
13-01-2009, 16:03
does anyone miss the icecreams - I think they were called Jellytips?? Oh they were good :thumbsup:

MothersMilk
13-01-2009, 16:04
I miss chocolate snips *drools*

naiwen
13-01-2009, 16:47
I miss monster munch, they sell them in the UK but they are hard to get here.

Mmm Pickled onion flavour ....

NibbleCurlynBub
13-01-2009, 16:50
Oh i think i know the icecream you two are chatting about.
It was an iceblock wih three fruit on it. The biggest one at the top was an orange,then the next smaller one was a lemon and the smallest and yummiest one at the end was a red strawberry ! Can't remember what they were called. But i used to have at least 3 or four ones a week from the swimming pool canteen. Defintley can't get them anymore. Im salivating from reading this thread:p
Nope.. This one had white, yellow and orange in vertical stripes and was kindof wobbly shaped. :yes:

I do remember the ones you are talking about though.. Oh, they were something else!!
The fruit flavours were fruit shaped! :cloud9:

missmilliesmum
13-01-2009, 17:05

I used to buy them for an English GF of mine when she was preggars! They sold them at an English Lolly shop close to where I worked! No good for you tho - as I live in Adelaide and I see you are in Brissy.

naiwen
13-01-2009, 17:06
I used to buy them for an English GF of mine when she was preggars! They sold them at an English Lolly shop close to where I worked! No good for you tho - as I live in Adelaide and I see you are in Brissy.

:hissy::hissy::hissy: So near and yet so far!

confusd
13-01-2009, 17:14

you can buy them online :p

monster munch (http://www.britishsweets.com.au/shopmastery_pop.php?code=W00004&name=Monster+Munch+Pickled+Onion+&brand=WALKERS&cat3=CRISPS)

naiwen
13-01-2009, 17:18
OMG I love you confused!

NibbleCurlynBub
13-01-2009, 17:20
OMG I love you confused!
*COUGH!* out of stock... *COUGH!*

confusd
13-01-2009, 17:24

:laughing:

restocked this month.

NibbleCurlynBub
13-01-2009, 17:24
Stupid lolly thread..

I need a butter finger.. or a 5th avenue.. I'm not picky. :)

:hissy: :hissy: :hissy:
Cravings... :thumbsdown:

ETA: Why don't we have any peanut butter chocolate bars here... ?

NibbleCurlynBub
13-01-2009, 17:25
:laughing:

restocked this month.
:yes: ETA January.. But none yet...

confusd
13-01-2009, 17:32
\

*drools* i love those peanut butter cups. i only found them once in brisbane.

anything with peanut butter and chocolate would be great :D

BOSS302WMOM
13-01-2009, 18:57
Aniseed cats.... Only can find them in the allens family packs and I do not like the other lollies in it and there are never enough, when I was a kid I'd get them from the little corner store no idea why I lloved them most kids preferred jelly beans. DH loved the polly waffles

MothersMilk
13-01-2009, 19:03
Aniseed cats.... Only can find them in the allens family packs and I do not like the other lollies in it and there are never enough, when I was a kid I'd get them from the little corner store no idea why I lloved them most kids preferred jelly beans. DH loved the polly waffles

I loved black cats :)
I also loved dutch licorice but was rarely allowed it.

logiesmummy
13-01-2009, 19:14

OH yum i love black cats! and rasberries!! they are yummo together! one of each !

naiwen
13-01-2009, 19:38

That's right I got the last ten packets :D

:raspberry: They are all for meeeeeeeeee :devil6:

jag5000
13-01-2009, 20:21

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I can get reeses peanut butter cups *drool* at a few places around here but they are damned exy!

and cherry coke?? what happened to that? The lame stuff we got here for a while wasn't nearly as good as the proper american stuff tho'

excuse me while I head over to the usa foods website and go shopping :D just don't tell anyone from the 'not splashing the cash' thread :shame::p

JATS
13-01-2009, 21:03
Squeeze pops

JATS
13-01-2009, 21:09
Squeeze pops

Emsmum85
13-01-2009, 21:24
There is some lolly shops near me in a place called Morpeth (Hunter Valley NSW) that sell black cats, and dutch licquorice and Americana "candy". Does anyone remember the icecream called Tacos? It was a wafer taco, with icecream inside and one side was covered in chocolate and nuts!

I love my glucose lollies to be CHEWY I really hate soft lollies! Give me the chewy spearmint leaves, the chewy GOOD raspberry frogs!!

amber7
13-01-2009, 21:25

Was it called a Skona????
They were creamy with apricot chunks and coconut.
I have never meet anyone that remembers them :)

RoarsomeMum
13-01-2009, 21:36
Moon dust....it would all pop in your mouth like crazy then turn into hard chewing gum which was promptly spat out.

I remember that stuff!!! LOVED it!!!

Treens
20-01-2013, 10:18
ooohhhh yum!! choochoo bars!! i have a kilo bag and a kilo bag of spearmint bars in my pantry ;)
ooohh i loved the heart lollies too

Where did you get the kilo bag of spearmint bars from?!!! Are they the ones that are like redskins and milkos? I've been looking for them for years, and would love to get some!!!

FluffyDucks
20-01-2013, 10:35
Its not a lolly but I miss Egg Flip Big M. They were delicious!!!

flyawayfree
20-01-2013, 10:46
My mum used to get these things that were kinda like smarties but were half white and half brown, called vice versas. No one but me ever remembers them :-(

codex
20-01-2013, 10:57
Confusd - every iga around here seems to have the peanut butter cups. ;)

HarvestMoon
20-01-2013, 10:59
My mum used to get these things that were kinda like smarties but were half white and half brown, called vice versas. No one but me ever remembers them :-(

I remember them! ;)

Does anyone remember take5 chocolate bars? They were like 2 sticks (similar to a kitkat) but had similar to maltesers in them?
That's probably not the greatest explanation. No one seems to remember them.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

SpecialPatrolGroup
20-01-2013, 11:02
i remember vice versas too. I loved rosy apples, but with the pink centre, not the new white centre.

I loved cool chocs. Not sure if you can still get them.

[Mod] Zeddie
20-01-2013, 11:05
I use to always buy 'ghost drops' with my spare money, I recently ordered some off eBay and they taste totally different.

3cats1pug
20-01-2013, 11:11
I loved those twin Freddos you could only get in fundraising packs. They were lemonade cream on one side and raspberry on the other! So good.

I don't get why they don't have more Freddo flavours. I love the pineapple and orange in Cadbury snack, they should do those in Freddos.

peanutmonkey
20-01-2013, 11:28
I really want lollies now lol

My fave was warheads and fads :p

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Eko
20-01-2013, 11:33
Fags (not Fads, back when they still had the red food dye tip to make them look like cigarettes. Yep... I'm that old!) and Big Boss cigar lollies. They were so yummy! I've always had a bit of a thing for musk flavours but I'm not a huge fan of musk sticks themselves.
Large supermarkets have a lot to answer for when it comes to the death of the local milkbar and the rows of mixed lollies they used to have :(.

Lovable
20-01-2013, 11:33
Not really a lolly but I miss the icypoles - called Boomy's. They were 3 shaped fruits on a stick, lemon, orange and strawberry. Sorbet. Yum

HarvestMoon
20-01-2013, 12:54
There is some lolly shops near me in a place called Morpeth (Hunter Valley NSW) that sell black cats, and dutch licquorice and Americana "candy". Does anyone remember the icecream called Tacos? It was a wafer taco, with icecream inside and one side was covered in chocolate and nuts!

I love my glucose lollies to be CHEWY I really hate soft lollies! Give me the chewy spearmint leaves, the chewy GOOD raspberry frogs!!

Oooohhh.. What are the lolly shops called? I love checking out all the american candy. There are lolly shops at the junction, wallsend and warners bay too that sell American candy amongst other lollies.

misssarahann855
20-01-2013, 13:08
i loved choo choo bars n cobberz...can get choo choo bars from cheap as chips but there not the same n fantails are practically cobberz.... ni still love chiko babies yummo...

youmake3
20-01-2013, 13:09
Big boss cigars. Loved them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Cat21
20-01-2013, 13:18
Big boss cigars. Loved them

Yes!!!

Degrassi
20-01-2013, 13:28
I remember them! ;)

Does anyone remember take5 chocolate bars? They were like 2 sticks (similar to a kitkat) but had similar to maltesers in them?

I remember Take 5! Don't they still make them???

SoThisIsLove
20-01-2013, 13:36
I think they are still around

Toffee apple bars :) Soooo good, oh and not really a lolly but snips i think they were called. Frozen milk iceblocks yumm

Maybelline
20-01-2013, 13:47
I miss lollie that cost 2c !!!

Sonja
20-01-2013, 13:48
Mine isn't a lolly as such - I really miss jelly tip icecreams. They re-released something a bit like them a few years ago but they weren't the same.

nirok
20-01-2013, 14:01
Oooohhh.. What are the lolly shops called? I love checking out all the american candy. There are lolly shops at the junction, wallsend and warners bay too that sell American candy amongst other lollies.

Harvestmoon - the one at Morpeth is called Miss Lily's lollies. It's about 5 minutes from my house! :)
In Newcastle opposite Civic train station is a little shop called Civic Grocer and they have lots of American candy, iceblocks, drinks, chips etc.

lineyb73
20-01-2013, 14:13
the little boxes of jellybabies which were dusted in icing sugar. I remember you could either get little boxes of jellybabies or raspberries

conansmummy
20-01-2013, 14:32
My fave lollies were and still are spearmint leaves and black jellybeans.

Sent from my LT26i using BubHub

meesha87
20-01-2013, 14:34
I remember them! ;)

Oh yeah I miss them the most

Sent from my GT-S7500T using BubHub

MummaJez
20-01-2013, 14:35
Yep fags

Renesme
20-01-2013, 14:37
Chocolate cigerettes. Mmm those were delicious!

London
20-01-2013, 14:39
I miss Twin pole icy poles. Yumm.

Cat21
20-01-2013, 19:00
Chocolate cigerettes. Mmm those were delicious!

Oh yes! Loved the fine paper they had on them! God I loved them even though I hated smoking (and still do!)

sandy cheeks
20-01-2013, 19:07
I miss the old Milo bars that were just a bar of Milo covered in chocolate, the new ones are just a huge disappointment :( I also miss the marshmallow chocolate covered fish.

Degrassi
20-01-2013, 19:32
I miss the old Milo bars that were just a bar of Milo covered in chocolate, the new ones are just a huge disappointment :( I also miss the marshmallow chocolate covered fish.

You speak the truth - Milo bars were the best!

ICanDream
20-01-2013, 19:34
Gummy feet from the milkbar, used to buy them on the way to school!

mrstuilawa
20-01-2013, 19:34
Jelly tots! If anyone knows where I can get these I will be forever in your debt lol

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

sweetseven
20-01-2013, 19:35
wine gums

I went looking for them a couple of years back but couldn't find anything like them.

felicia81
20-01-2013, 19:39
Jelly tots! If anyone knows where I can get these I will be forever in your debt lol

Just did a quick google for you http://www.sunshineconfectionery.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Jelly+tots&osCsid=v81r5r7bnpvet8d09ake968924&x=18&y=16

sandy cheeks
20-01-2013, 19:52
wine gums

I went looking for them a couple of years back but couldn't find anything like them.

Pascals still do wine gums in a bag. I got a bag last shop lol. I'm pretty sure they used to be circles but now there all different shapes and still taste really good too (unlike Milo bars lol)

sweetseven
20-01-2013, 19:54
Pascals still do wine gums in a bag. I got a bag last shop lol. I'm pretty sure they used to be circles but now there all different shapes and still taste really good too (unlike Milo bars lol)i found those and they weren't the same at all. The wine gums I had as a kid came wrapped in a paper tube and they were chewy.

sandy cheeks
20-01-2013, 19:56
I knew they were circles! now that you mention it they weren't that chewy (my teeth didn't stick together)

MrJones&Me
20-01-2013, 19:58
Jungle chews :,(

Ngaiz
20-01-2013, 20:00
i found those and they weren't the same at all. The wine gums I had as a kid came wrapped in a paper tube and they were chewy.

I can still get wine gums but not in the tube, I can only ever find those in NZ. Most kiwi stores have them. Also Eskimos and jet planes!

I miss the rock solid, break your teeth, aniseed wheels.

Mopoke
20-01-2013, 20:01
Fags.

Those little fruit shaped lollies. Orange, apple, banana etc. except I hated the banana ones ....

MrJones&Me
20-01-2013, 20:10
Fags.

Those little fruit shaped lollies. Orange, apple, banana etc. except I hated the banana ones ....

:o the bananas were the best!!

And some shops still have them, they're called candy fruits, google will find you some :yes:

escapethefate
20-01-2013, 20:13
Fags.

Those fruits...were they runts? You can buy them from most lolly shops and sometimes I see them in the machines you put coins in lol. They're awesome

MrJones&Me
20-01-2013, 20:28
Fags.

Aaaanndd and.. See

http://www.crazycandies.co.nz/products-page/rainbow/mini-fruit-hard-candies/

LifeInShadesOfGrey
20-01-2013, 20:28
Aniseed humbugs. Those hard little lollies that are aniseed striped.

I don't know where they come from now.

PuppyGuts
20-01-2013, 20:52

Yes!! I was obsessed with these!!

Chupa chup had a ice cream in a tube with a lollypop in the middle, used to eat around.it and get the lollypop at the end :)

sunnyflower
20-01-2013, 21:19
Was it called a Skona????
They were creamy with apricot chunks and coconut.
I have never meet anyone that remembers them :)

I do!

lambjam
20-01-2013, 21:24
Mmm, fags, mmm

WorkingClassMum
20-01-2013, 21:27
Mates - a cube of caramel covered in chocolate and Chockitos - the ones they sell now just aren't the same

Twoalready
20-01-2013, 21:27
My father used to bring home once a week after he done a 12 hr shift for me and my sister those 'sherbies' they were shaped like I guess a pencil had a licorice for the 'pencil tip' you'd pull that out and dip it into the pencil part which was full of sherbet lol not sure if they are still around...

MrJones&Me
20-01-2013, 21:28
My father used to bring home once a week after he done a 12 hr shift for me and my sister those 'sherbies' they were shaped like I guess a pencil had a licorice for the 'pencil tip' you'd pull that out and dip it into the pencil part which was full of sherbet lol not sure if they are still around...

That's a sherbet fountain, they still sell those!!

Pmakes3
20-01-2013, 21:44
Cobblers/mates are still around! So are big boss cigars! I work in a milkbar/deli with an old school lolly selection thing :D so awesome but soooo bad lol

mrstuilawa
20-01-2013, 21:46
Just did a quick google for you http://www.sunshineconfectionery.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Jelly+tots&osCsid=v81r5r7bnpvet8d09ake968924&x=18&y=16

Thank you!!! I sense a new pregnancy addiction haha

Disbride
20-01-2013, 21:47
I miss milo bars.. the old ones!

also not really lollies but a lozenge called Irish Moss.. if anyone knows where I could get some of them I'd love you forever!! I have looked everywhere!!

I know you can get bonningtons Irish moss - the "cough syrup" which it's really just a liqueur.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I can get reeses peanut butter cups *drool* at a few places around here but they are damned exy!

and cherry coke?? what happened to that? The lame stuff we got here for a while wasn't nearly as good as the proper american stuff tho'

If you have a reject shop near by they sell both of these :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

waitinghoping
20-01-2013, 21:48

Amen!!! OMG Im miss them... was like taking a huge spoon of Milo straight from the tin.... They were sooooooooo good, my faves!!

Hollywood
20-01-2013, 21:49
My favourites are still around! Probably number one fave is what used to be called Big Boss cigar. Not sure exactly what it's called now but it's a smooth musk type stick. I still get them now and then!

Disbride
20-01-2013, 21:49
Also not really a lolly but I miss hubba bubba bubble jugs so much!

I also miss the pick and mix lolly stores where instead of weighing how many lollies you bought, you were given a cup to fill for a certain price. They were the best, no nasty surprises when you reached the register.

bini86
20-01-2013, 22:15
Redskins, sherbet bombs, chocolate cigarettes, fags, black cats, bubble o bill, chocolate coins, yowies, furry friends!

rlpreston
20-01-2013, 22:19
Oooh I loved mates, and chocolate cigarettes!

My favourite of all time were vice-versas! Some were brown outside, white inside and vice versa :D

Happy2be3
20-01-2013, 23:46
Back in the olden days (17 years ago) I used to work at a convenience store...I remember back then when you could get 2 lollies for 1 cent! I loved buying 50cents worth of clouds and ears ...yum! That was when I was a working teenager though,..before that I liked Fags!

Thentherewere3
21-01-2013, 08:53
Those fruits...were they runts? You can buy them from most lolly shops and sometimes I see them in the machines you put coins in lol. They're awesome

You can buy them in a box from Kmart 👍

MummaJez
21-01-2013, 18:43
Oh I remembered another! My friend and I used to stash ovalteenies in our uniform pockets in primary school everyday day when we scrounged up 30 odd cents to but some :)

Mmm I could do with them now :)

Disbride
23-01-2013, 07:34
I bought ovalteenies from Woolworths the other day to take into the cinema. Love them!

lambjam
23-01-2013, 21:04
I just rediscovered Cola Bottles. OMG YUM! :hyper:

SpecialPatrolGroup
23-01-2013, 21:12
I bought ovalteenies from Woolworths the other day to take into the cinema. Love them!

Oh sweet bliss, ovalteenies. But a tea spoon in the tin will do in a pinch.

Degrassi
23-01-2013, 21:20
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I used to love Double Dip! It had a yellow lolly dipping stick & two different coloured sugary dips.

It was such a treat to get one after swimming lessons :)

HarvestMoon
23-01-2013, 21:22
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I used to love Double Dip! It had a yellow lolly dipping stick & two different coloured sugary dips.

It was such a treat to get one after swimming lessons :)

Ooohhh i remember these. They were usually our treat after going grocery shopping.

miss_petepie
23-01-2013, 21:35
+1 for runts. Mainly the banana ones :) didn't know you could get them from Kmart. Might have to investigate tomorrow :)

acerbaby
23-01-2013, 21:35
I haven't read all the responses but I miss the licorice that was at the counters in delis. I think there was a twist and a big strap. It was in a big long box sold not wrapped individually. It was the best licorice and I have not tasted licorice like it since, apart from English licorice.
I am serioulsy craving it just thinking about it!!!!!!!

MZmama
23-01-2013, 22:09
i found those and they weren't the same at all. The wine gums I had as a kid came wrapped in a paper tube and they were chewy.

I saw those at my cheap as chips, in the same packaging etc! Soo tempted!

MZmama
23-01-2013, 22:11
Vice versus (sp?) used to LOVE those!

miss_petepie
23-01-2013, 22:11
Can anyone remember the pop rocks that had the alien on the front? Was black and blue but can't find them anymore :(

lambjam
23-01-2013, 22:15
Can anyone remember the pop rocks that had the alien on the front? Was black and blue but can't find them anymore :(

Yes! So much fun :D

*Need~More~Coffee~Please*
23-01-2013, 22:25

I remember them .....weren't they white Choc in the dark shell and milk Choc in the white shell ? Or is that part in my imagination lol ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

MZmama
24-01-2013, 19:12
I remember them .....weren't they white Choc in the dark shell and milk Choc in the white shell ? Or is that part in my imagination lol ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Yes yum!!!

CookingMonster
24-01-2013, 19:29
I miss Magic Gum. I used to love sorting it into crackle stuff and gum then stick all the crackle stuff in my mouth at once :)