PDA

View Full Version : is it men vs women or somethimg else

workin'mumof2
30-12-2008, 06:37
so why are womans top half considered sexual and there for we cant walk around topless or even sunbath like that because its considered nudity

and another question

would u sunbath or have you sunbathed topless?(if ur a woman)

MothersMilk
30-12-2008, 07:56
When i was younger and my boobs where perky and my stomach was flat and smooth - yeah i would sun bake topless.(depending where i was)
Wouldn't dream of it now.

RoarsomeMum
30-12-2008, 08:22
When i was younger and my boobs where perky and my stomach was flat and smooth - yeah i would sun bake topless.(depending where i was)
Wouldn't dream of it now.

:laughing::iagree: Schoolies week was one thing, now, no way.

as for the Men V's woman thing.. Social conditioning. we are taught to cover our chests even Before breasts.. I remember back in primary school (B4 the days of slip slop slap) luch play the boys could take off their shirts, I was sent to the principal and my parents called because I did.. ( i was 5 for christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!)

RoarsomeMum
30-12-2008, 08:36
Its interesting to note most little boys will get get an erection when being breastfed even newborns :detective:

Isn't that hormonal.. little boy's often get erections in the bath (even newborns) those things are mega unpredictable.. I'm glad DD has not got one (god I must be tired.. that sounds all wrong) :sleeping:

naiwen
30-12-2008, 08:40
LOL I used to live in Europe so yes I did! If you are planning to you should always use factor 30 on them and invisible zinc on your nipples lol.

Anyway I never would here before or after children because Australia seems to be a bit more prudish about that sort of thing, must be all the catholics!

PunkyDiva
30-12-2008, 08:49
This site is all about breast and taboos etc

http://www.007b.com/breast_taboo.php

I love this quote from the site :thumbsup:

"Well, we do have a peculiar obsession with breasts in this culture. A lot of people think it's just the human nature to be fascinated with breasts but in many cultures, breasts aren't sexual at all. I interviewed a young anthropologist working with women in Mali, in a country in Africa where women go around with bare breasts. They're always feeding their babies. And when she told them that in our culture men are fascinated with breasts there was an instant of shock. The women burst out laughing. They laughed so hard, they fell on the floor. They said, "You mean, men act like babies?"

In the past I have visited nudist areas and sunbaked topless. These days my nudity is prob confined to my own home and I hope in this way my children come to see breasts as just another body part without the sexual connatations as prtrayed in media.

MothersMilk
30-12-2008, 08:52
This site is all about breast and taboos etc

http://www.007b.com/breast_taboo.php

I love this quote from the site :thumbsup:

"Well, we do have a peculiar obsession with breasts in this culture. A lot of people think it's just the human nature to be fascinated with breasts but in many cultures, breasts aren't sexual at all. I interviewed a young anthropologist working with women in Mali, in a country in Africa where women go around with bare breasts. They're always feeding their babies. And when she told them that in our culture men are fascinated with breasts there was an instant of shock. The women burst out laughing. They laughed so hard, they fell on the floor. They said, "You mean, men act like babies?"

Love it :yelclap:

CaitlinArai22
30-12-2008, 08:53
i think breasts are linked with breeding and feeding, even for those that have not breast fed themselves!

I think the sight, word or thought of boobs sends a subconcious msg to the brain, reminds us of breeding on some deeper level, and for most minds in this day and age, that just jumps to an instant thought about sex.

I have not sunbaked topless, and wouldnt in public. I do however walk around naked half the time (at home)- i think both and my DP have stopped seeing it as a sexual thing, and just as a natural and comfortable thing.
I can do this because i trust him to not look at me sexually just because i'm exposed, where as lots of other men wouldnt be that mature.

I think its funny tho - i'm more likely to get bad comments from woman and girls my age or younger; then men when i do walk around in something skimpy - men dont seem to be bothered at all, where as the women will look at me like i'm a ***** - i'm sorry, you try having big boobs and small everything else, and try finding nice tops that fit your boobs in and dont hang like a tent

shockinamillion
30-12-2008, 09:11
Haha, love that quote. It makes sense though.

When I was in europe I didn't sunbake topless but I did learn to get used to going into a unisex sauna in the buff. They don't care like we seem to. I don't get it, the human body is a natural thing.

MordecaiAliVanAllenO'Shea
30-12-2008, 09:15
I think the appeal is with the forbidden, hidden nature of breasts in our society. When women used to always cover their knees, the sight of a bare knee was enough to send men all a-shiver, now as women wear more revealing tops in our society, its actually become that it's ok to show most of the breast, as long as there's no hint of nipple!

I dont think it's a biological thing, because there are plenty of tribal groups where women go around topless and you dont see the teenage boys tittering watching the women go by. It's lovely in those societies too because it's just seem as completely natural when boobs go all saggy!

I too remember being very upset when I got to an age I was told to cover up. As a small child my brother and I would both run around topless in summer, then one year my mum told me it was nolonger appropriate for me. I used to always get so jealous of him in summer running around topless while I sweltered.

The age to cover up seems to be becoming younger and younger though - when I was a kid it was quite common for young girls to just swim in briefs, whereas now even baby girls are rarely topless, even when swimming (yes I know its also an increased awareness of sun safety).

Some families I know dont even really like boys being topless either. Whenever it's hot I encourage my boys to strip off their shirt and be more comfortable, but I've actually never seen my nephew without a top on unless swimming or bathing and his father doesnt take his top off in summer either.

Deserama
30-12-2008, 09:58
Breasts are sexual to a man and that's how it is! That's life! We can either go with it or chuck a big stink and say how bad it is or whatever and waste our time. Personally I choose to suck it up and deal with it....many more fishes to fry than whether a man sees my boobies as sexual...couldn't care less...good on 'em!

BOSS302WMOM
30-12-2008, 11:51
I use to walk around practically naked before my body went icky with the second baby, my husbands mates soon learned not to come in to our home without knocking first. I was a bit of a nudist and loved being naked and didnt see it as a sexual thing as DH got use to me being naked.

I didnt do it to get there attention as soon as I relized we had company I put clothes on as yes it made them uncomfy to see it but when at home I do as I please

Seekrit
30-12-2008, 11:55
I read somewhere that men are drawn to larger breasts because, instinctually, they're better breeders.. something like that.

I agree with Deserama though, pretty 'meh' really.

Ana Gram
30-12-2008, 12:19
I think it is all a load of hooey. Plenty of other societies go bare chested and no-one makes a big deal out of it. It's a way of controlling women. We are told that parts of our body are sexual and need to cover them up so we don't tempt men. And this allows us to blame the women for any unwanted attention, because of what she may be wearing. Bugs the c**p out of me.

I wouldn't sunbathe topless though, because I wouldn't sunbathe at all.

kymmy
30-12-2008, 13:20
It's a way of controlling women.

Its an interesting thing to think about.
I don't sunbathe. I walk around home topless, makes breastfeeding easier.

SassyMummy
30-12-2008, 13:30
I'm not really sure why it is that a man can go topless and a woman cannot. I don't actually really care all that much either - I'm quite happy to not go topless, and to remain covered, around the general population. Means there's another thing that can be shared just with my partner (or baby if I was breastfeeding).

I do think that perhaps breasts are, naturally, a turn-on for men. Instinctively even.

Their bodies are telling them to make babies... and it's telling them to make HEALTHY babies with a fertile woman. I think that a bit of flesh can be a symbol of this - so a bit of tummy, larger hips and bum, and bigger breasts... all give the impression that THAT woman will be a good "breeder."

Therefore, they're attractive to men...

I don't think it needs to be treated like a problem... I quite like that people, both male and female, will admire and comment on my breasts.

As for topless sunbathing - no, I don't. I don't sunbathe anyway... and having a child has left me with the body of someone much older than 22... I'd rather not expose that to any innocent bystanders.

Why do my boobs need a tan anyway?

Deserama
30-12-2008, 13:52
It's a way of controlling women?? Are you serious? Oooooooh I'm controlling you because you can't take your top off? How is that controlling? I don't feel controlled at all just because my boobs are considered sexual to men. I find that I'm the one in control of them most of the time...ha ha haaaaaa.

Ana Gram
30-12-2008, 15:26
Yes, I am completely serious. But thank you for laughing at my opinion.

rainbow road
30-12-2008, 17:34
I wouldn't sunbake topless because...well, I don't have lovely perky little boobies, I have pretty big mommas which I don't care to share!

I actually agree chelle, even if it's just subconscious. I know that I am already conscious of my boobs because of their size, but I often dress with people I may encounter on my travels in mind. It might seem stupid, but if I know I'm catching the train home myself late at night I will wear a higher necked top or bring a jumper because I feel that gives me a bit of control (protecting me from a 'she brought it on herself' kind of thing, kwim?) even though logically I realise the only person who should be control my boobs and how I choose to expose them should be me. But it's not.

I don't know if that made sense :detective: but they remain my thoughts!