View Full Version : In need of a recipe
Just wondering if anyone out there has a yummy recipe for Pumpkin Soup.
I would really appreciate you giving it to me!!!
This recipe is one of our family's favourites. It started out as pumpkin soup but evolved from there. Very nutritious, and very yummy. Still pumpkin based though.
1x large red onion
4 or 5x cloves of garlic
4x celery sticks
2x small to medium potatoes
1/2 a jap pumpkin
1x choko (peeled & seeded)
1x small sweet potato
1/4 head of cauliflower
some powdered ginger
salt & pepper
assorted herbs (your choice)
lots of grated cheese... (to taste)
milk & cream... (to taste)
1. Start by dicing everything... except perhaps the dairy stuff. :D
2. Get the biggest pot you can find. (Get creative and use two if it looks a bit ominous.)
3. Sautee the onion, garlic and celery with butter in the pot until the onion is transparent. Add some powdered ginger and other assorted herbs to taste.
4. Add all the other veges. Then add water till it just covers the vegetables.
5. Simmer until everything is very soft, then turn off the heat and allow to cool a little.
6. Now the fun bit: Blend it up! (I love my hand blender!)
7. Add milk and cream (about half and half) to taste. Then cheese (I add heeeeeaps! :D ) This is also a good time to mix in some salt and pepper. (Taste test, and add more to suit)
I usually serve it with a dollop of sour cream, some garlic chives, and some cracked pepper. And don't forget a nice crusty loaf of bread with some butter. :p
Sorry this is a bit vague, but I don't really work off a recipe. I've always made it up as I go, and it changes every time, so feel free to experiment.
Go nuts, and enjoy!
I will give it a try on the weekend!! I will let you know how I go, I am a big recipe follower (i get a bit nervous about not following one).
Hi, this is our favourite pumpkin soup recipe
1kg pumpkin (Kent is fine)
1 medium potato
4 cups stock (chicken/vegie is good)
2 teaspoons white sugar
2 teaspoons salt
pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter
2/3 cup cream (or 1 cup milk)
pinch nutmeg &/or some chopped parsely is nice for garnish
1. Peel pumkin and cut into pieces. Peel and chop other veggies.
2. Place into large saucepan, add stock, sugar, salt, pepper and butter - cook until soft (approx 20 mins with lid on, stir occassionally)
3. Cool for 5 mins, mash or blend til smooth.
4. Add cream and mix well
5. Check flavour and add seasoning if needed.
6. If necessary, reheat (but do not boil) and serve.
7. Garnish with nutmeg or parsley.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.