PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Bag??

Grubincubator
15-06-2005, 17:44
I've seen alot of messages talking about bounty bags. What in heck are they? :confused:

jamb
15-06-2005, 18:01
I only got the first one but they have samples of baby products, sanitary goods and pamphlet/magazines. Apparently the 2nd or 3rd one has target vouchers- so go hunt one down!!

Miaow
15-06-2005, 19:00
I was wondering what they were also as have never heard of them before anywhere. Do they have these in Vic?

Grubincubator
15-06-2005, 19:04
Where do you get them? I've never heard of them before.

draught
15-06-2005, 20:09
With my first baby I received the first one when I went into the hospital for an antenatal visit with the midwife instead of with my Ob. Then the second one is in your room at the hospital when you return from the delivery suite. The third one is one that you claim at Target using a voucher from inside the second one.

With my second daughter I didn't go into the hospital until it was time to deliver and so didn't receive the first one. The second one was in the hospital room and the third one I forgot to claim......and have lost the voucher!

Basically they are full of paper - pamphlets on everything from baby panadol through to incontinence information. Once you sort through all the advertising and keep the things that you want, there are usually some sample sanitary pads, sample pots of Sudoderm (which are great for your nappy bag) a couple of newborn nappies, nappy bags and some sachets of baby bath lotion. They provide great reading in your hospital bed - pamphlets and things about babies are about all you can digest at that time!

CrazyBeautiful
22-12-2005, 13:45
I never received a Bounty bag either. Aparently they are only given out in the public system, not the private. That's what I was told, whether this information is correct or not. It would have been nice to receive samples ....etc..... and of course the vouchers.

poshBecks
22-12-2005, 13:48
By the sounds of things maybe it's a QLD government thing? I got one...well actually 2. You get 1 at your 1st hosp visit another when bubs is born!!

Private also get them, not just public!!

Maxs_MumMy
22-12-2005, 13:52
I went through the private system and recieved all 3 of them..
1st @ Ob visit for 19week scan
2nd after birth in ward recovering
3rd via target

Go the bounty Bags!!

whatwasithinking
22-12-2005, 13:57
I was wondering what they were also as have never heard of them before anywhere. Do they have these in Vic?

Yep Cathryn they are available in VIC.
Got the first bag when booked in Maternity Hospital
Got the second bag day bub was born
Haven't got round to getting the 3rd one but I will eventually go to Target to get it.

Actually don't know about anyone else but getting the second bag was how I found out about BUBHUB. There was a flyer in there (wasn't in the bag I got with DD1 only in bag with DD2). Don't know how all you mums2b knew about this site (maybe I was just not that smart to look earlier ;) )

reAllytee
22-12-2005, 22:28
I also got them i actually got two of the first bags as i had to change hospitals due to moving so extra voucher came in handy !!! Got the second when bubs was born down on the ward then was advised to collect third from Target which i forgot about so heh lucky i got the first bag twice heh so i was sorted for the vouchers hehe.
Great samples though i keep the sudocream in our nappy bag perfect size !

Tisme
22-12-2005, 22:39
Yeah the bounty bags .....

I too got them through the hospital and Target.

Another one that alot of people don't know about is the Coles Baby club .... they give you a BOX of goodies. from baby apple jars to more pamphlets and coupons and competitions. (at least when pregnant on Ciaran that's what was in it)

veve
22-12-2005, 22:42
I never received a Bounty bag either. Aparently they are only given out in the public system, not the private. That's what I was told, whether this information is correct or not. It would have been nice to receive samples ....etc..... and of course the vouchers.

I got my bags - and I went private... the 1st bag was given at the LAST prenatal class... the 2nd when I left hospital.. and the third one is to be collected from target when bubs is 3 months old (with voucher) ...

they are mostly full of advertising nonsense... but there are some products I wasn't aware of - and there is one free huggie in each ... and free breast pads... free sudocream... free bepanthan... umm.. (thinking!!!:o ) and the second one has a $10 off (if you spend 50) at target... there may have been more... I cant remember!!! but any free thing is a bonus :D

xxx

veve
22-12-2005, 22:44
Yeah the bounty bags .....

I too got them through the hospital and Target.

Another one that alot of people don't know about is the Coles Baby club .... they give you a BOX of goodies. from baby apple jars to more pamphlets and coupons and competitions. (at least when pregnant on Ciaran that's what was in it)

hey hon - when does that arrive??? do you have to apply?? I have been a member of the club for months... and they haven't sent me anything???

I WANT FREE STUFF :D

xxx

Tisme
22-12-2005, 22:49
Well when i got it it was when i handed in my form at the local coles supermarket.

May have changed a bit .... unfortunately I am in the process of finding out as once again (baby brain) I have posted before making SURE it was still available .... was sure t was but just double checking.!!!!!

ACTUALLY I WAS WRONG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> They have replaced the baby box with fly buys rewards ..... darn it ......... I REALLY WANTED THAT HAMPER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixiee
22-12-2005, 23:07
I got my bag at first visit to hospital and it had been open,:eek: the M/W said oh look someone’s opened it and didn't offer me another one,:( I didn't say anything wish i had. :(
As the cream wasn't in it but the cardboard that it was attached to was. Someone must have needed it, the Target gift voucher was in there I hope to use it tomorrow.:D

reAllytee
22-12-2005, 23:32
Yeah the coles baby club doesnt give the freebies anymore i felt ripped off also !!!
But hey i enter all those competitions like crazy :P
Maybe one day i will score something hehehehehe.
Bummer pixie ! Oh wells least the voucher was in it :D
I wouldve had 4 vouchers to use had i got the last bag damnit !!!! Will be using the 3rd one shortly as we need baby gates now stop the little ratbag from hurting himself hehe.

mixi_mama
23-12-2005, 05:59
If you check out this link on the Target site

http://www.target.com.au/html/bounty/bounty.htm

They have a full page about Bounty Bags. You can also visit

http://www.bountybags.com.au

and register to get them. I think they're great - we get them given to us at our midwives clinic and antenatal when we first get there and they give you the second and third after bubs arrives....
The samples are brilliant!

CrazyBeautiful
23-12-2005, 15:36
I got my bags - and I went private... the 1st bag was given at the LAST prenatal class... the 2nd when I left hospital.. and the third one is to be collected from target when bubs is 3 months old (with voucher) ...

they are mostly full of advertising nonsense... but there are some products I wasn't aware of - and there is one free huggie in each ... and free breast pads... free sudocream... free bepanthan... umm.. (thinking!!!:o ) and the second one has a $10 off (if you spend 50) at target... there may have been more... I cant remember!!! but any free thing is a bonus :D

xxx

Hmmmmm that's interesting. Apparently the hospital I went to doesn't supply them. Oh well maybe next time. Thanks for that. xxx

BabyJoy
04-01-2006, 12:42
I asked about this at my hospital (Cairns Base) and the midwife said they don't give them out because they are a pro-breastfeeding hospital and that the Bounty Bag contained too many adverts for formula and bottle-feeding products.
When I told my doctor this, she arranged for me to get one through the pharmacy attached to the surgery where she works. I got the first two bags straight away, and was told to get the third from Target after the baby is born. I'm sure you can find a way to get them if your hospital doesn't supply them.

HoopDeeDoo
04-01-2006, 12:51
They have them in the ACT too, I found all the info great as being a first time mum I didn't know much about anything. I forgot to get the third one though, I'll remember this time round because those vouchers come in handy! :p