PDA

View Full Version : Calling all non vaxers!

SugarBlossom
19-04-2006, 20:28
As a non vaxer I cop a lot of flak and I think its because people

A) Just vax cos it's the done thing
B) They do not understand a thing about it from a non vaxxers point of veiw

So I wanted to start a thread for us non vaxers a encouragement and maybe to share ideas that we have not noticed.:hugs:

I love talking non vaxx with a very good friend of mine as she feels the same way as me:smiliedance:

For me the decision to not vax was an immensly researched choice, and I did look at both sides of the arguement.

I'm not interested in hearing pro vaxers opinions here.

But would rather find out one reason off your list as to why you did not vaxx.

Mine is:

I felt the risk of the diseases that are in immunisations have very tiny chance of causing problems and that the higher risk was in the drugs themselves

Pippi Longstocking
20-04-2006, 07:28
Me me, I'm a non-vaxer. I battled with my decision though, for me it wasn't an easy choice to make. With my first baby, I instinctively felt that injecting her full of **** was the wrong thing to do. I vaccinated her homeopathically but then when she was one, I was shouted at (yep, I kid you not!) by both a doctor and a nurse and bullied into allowing her to have her first vaccinations. It was midnight, I'd taken her to the medical centre with vomittting and diarrhea and I was tired, worried and emotionally vulnerable. They pounced on that and I had no fight left in me.
I then went on to vax my next three kids, feeling that it wasn't the right thing to do but not having the guts to fight it :crying: .
With Shine, my last baby, my husband is supportive, and together we decided to leave her unvaxed. We researched, we discussed at length and we chose to at least delay them. I suspect we are delaying til she is at least in puberty ;) :D .

the_queen
20-04-2006, 09:49
I have a foot in both camps but am leaning towards non-vaxing.

Vallerie was vaccinated, even had the Hep B at birth :crying: (But look in my siggy for my reasoning) I didn't research anything, I just bleated that old line "I could never forgive myself if she got polio/whooping cough/measles and died". But she's due for her 4 yr old ones, but I don't think she'll have them. I've been researching a lot during this pregnancy, and don't think Chomper will be vax'd at all. For me, it's about risk assessment, and motivation. What motivation do the "anti-vax" camp have for trying to convince me not to vax?? Just the honest belief that people need to be educated about the truth. Whereas, what motivation do the big pharmaceutical companies have..... $$$$$$$.

I wonder if there's any kind of registry or list of "non-vax friendly doctors" so I could find a good doctor who will be supportive of my choices? Does anyone know?

lexi'smum
20-04-2006, 10:49
I know that you said

I'm not interested in hearing pro vaxers opinions here.

however I just wanted to say that I think in alot of circumstances you are very right in saying this

(people) Just vax cos it's the done thing

I am a vaxxer (?is that even a word?) and I think that this is the only reason why. I honestly dont even know why I vaxed, and never thought of not doing it, the medical professionals just told me what the were doing, so to speak, they never even explained why! (they must just assume its obvious!) I really think we do need to be educated more!
good on you for doing the research..I wish I had thought of it...but with everything else as a new mum, I didnt really think about it, i just did it cause it was the done thing!...like many others i am sure!

:thumbsup: to you!

(hope you dont mind that i posted this) :confused:

DoulaFelicity
20-04-2006, 10:50
After a horrific adverse reaction to his 4 month vaccinations, we're delaying Aiden's vaccinations; at this stage we plan to reassess at 12 months. We've researched, but are still researching now, and still weighing up our options (including homoeopathic immunisations) and our feelings. Aidy had Vitamin K, Hepatitis B, and his 2 month and 4 month immunisations. :( We weren't informed at all about vaccinations at the time, other than what the doctors (and midwives in the case of the Vit K and Hep B at birth) told us, which was basically nothing. :mad: Since making the decision to delay vaxing, we're much more aware, informed and responsible for our decisions.

the_queen, there are practitioners who will be largely supportive of your choice to delay/avoid vaxing, as well as providing alternative information and advice...they're called Naturopaths and Homoeopaths. ;) After several bad experiences with mainstream medical "care" for our son, we ventured into natural medicine with skilled practitioners, and have never looked back. He's healthier, happier and brighter than ever, and we feel 100% confident in our choice of care providers. If an emergency medical situation arose, of course we would take him to Hospital/a GP (depending on the circumstances). But for colds, viruses, minor ills, and yes, vaccination assistance, we're sticking with natural therapies. :D

WeThree
20-04-2006, 11:05
To you ladies who still are unsure, i found delaying them with my second son till he was 2 1/2 made a huge difference, he had a terrible reaction to his first couple, so we left it till he was older, and he wasnt fazed a bit and had no reaction whatsoever. We will probably do this with Tilly as well.

the_queen
20-04-2006, 11:10
the_queen, there are practitioners who will be largely supportive of your choice to delay/avoid vaxing, as well as providing alternative information and advice...they're called Naturopaths and Homoeopaths. ;)

LOL thanks Felicity, yeah I sometimes ask questions without thinking of what the most obvious answer might be...:rolleyes: I guess the "mainstream" is so ingrained in me that I just automatically assume we have to have a "family doctor".

faery
21-04-2006, 17:53
yeay! another non-vaxer here.
I did heaps of research before jarrah was born (even before he was conceived as it was relevant to my job), and decided it wasn't worth the risks. my DP and i are both natural therapists and we feel pretty confident in dealing with issues as they arise. there are some good doctors out there. look for integrative, or environmental medicine practitioners as they are generally supportive of non vaxing, for those times when a doctor is needed.
nice to have a supportive space for this issue!!!

SugarBlossom
21-04-2006, 19:10
Good to see some non vaxxers!:thumbsup:

I know there must be more of you out there, so come in and support something which seems to most people to be the wrong thing to do (not vaxxing I mean)

With all the pro immunise threads around where we get hammered I thought it would be great start a suppotive thread:hugs:

:) to lexis mum....bummer you diden't research, but maybe for the next?;)

youngbrismum
25-04-2006, 23:43
I am so glad to hear so much support for us non vaxers. It isn't something we often come across.

I have just been reading some other threads where all of the mums are so pro vaccination and I wonder how many of them just went with the flow or were fed horror stories until they believed that vaccination is a gift from god (from money hungry man more like it). I take pride in knowing that I did the research and made an informed choice about the health of my daughter.

Thanks for making my day.

Brooke:smiliedance:

V8
26-04-2006, 00:08
I too am soo glad to have found this thread! I also am a non-vaxer my little DS who is 6 months old has only received Vitamin K at birth, no Hep B or any other vacs. I hate being asked and feel embarrassed that i don't but i did research very thoroughly about it. My reasons are such, vaccinations are not a cure, they are merely a preventative, so if you get vaccinated against something you are still not 100% protected and you could still get this disease. Second i don't like the idea of giving my child unnatural things that are in these vaccinations. I feel that the harm done by vaccinations are a lot worse than people think and could be potentially more fatal than the disease it is trying to prevent.

Hope this makes sense, but yay i am so happy others have been through this and made the decision not to vaccinate! :D

SugarBlossom
26-04-2006, 00:14
Hi brooke and proud mumma,

welcome!

I often have wondered about as you put it "the money hungry man" As in drug companies I guess;)

Who would trust a drug company?:confused: hello?!

I see them as huge money making corporations, so of course they would scare the hell out of everyone and tell us all that we have to immunise:rolleyes:

Just ANOTHER reason not to do it........:laughing:

Mumof2+1
29-04-2006, 01:14
I know this thread hasn't been active for a few days but I wanted to share my experience. My two older childrens' father had severe reactions to his vax and had to have fluid removed from his brain. I too had reactions with my vax. I was given the measels vax, then got measels (Sorry about the spelling, it's late.) Anyway I then got the whooping cough booster vax at 10 and soon after got whooping cough and ever since have suffered from athsma. Now I know the whooping cough vax is not a live vax and therefore I didn't get it from the vax but the doctors said it actually worked in the oppostie and weakened my body to the desease. I then had the rubella vax at 13 & guess what? Yep I got rubela. So when along came my two older children the doctors, who I might add are strong Pro vaxers, actually suggested I not have them vaxinated untill they were at least 5yrs old, due to both parents having had bad reactions. At the same time my ex was studying to be a homeopath & herbalist, so needless to say the children were homiopathicly vaxed.
Now with this all being said, I struggled to get them into daycare after I sepparated, due to the fact they weren't traditionaly vaxed. Even though I had three separate doctors write letters stating it was too dangerous to vaxinate them.
Now it would seem too me at least, that if vaxination was so wonderful why is it such a concern if an un vaxinated child goes to the same school as one who is vaxinated. They say that my child is endangering theirs' as my child could bring a desease into the school. My point is that if vaxination is so great then wonden't their child be protected. Big contradiction if you ask me. (not that you were)LOL
But then along came bub #3 after many years & I guess for no other reason than pure laziness on my behalf, she has been vaxinated. I just didn't want to bother with fighting with doctors or schools. Now I realy would feel bad if she has a reaction. Man I need to rethink that one.
As for chickenpox vax, mainstreem or otherwise, why do we need to vaxinate against something that generally won't kill you. As far as I'm concerned it's just not that dangerous to warrant the risks of having your child vaxinated.
Anyway Sorry for such a long post.
Just my 2 cents worth & not intended to offend anyone.

Pippi Longstocking
29-04-2006, 05:28
Mumof2+1, it is against the law for schools and daycare centres to discriminate against your children due to their vaccination status. Did your DR sign a conscientious objoctors form? This shows that you have made an educated choice not to immunise and this is all your children need to be able to attend school/daycare.
Speaking of the conscientious objectors form, I had a horrible experience getting Shine's signed :mad: . My normal dr was away so I had to see another that I have seen before and loathed. She is one of those quick-fix types - prescribes antibiotics for everything rather than try to find out what is wrong. She demanded to know my reasons for not vaccinating and when I succinctly and articulately :p told her my very well informed and heavily researched reasons, she responded with "well, I think that's all a load of ****!" . She couldn't actually tell me why she thought it was ****, the best she could do was to tell me that all of the research on the net is biased - but not the pro vaxing stuff, of course! :rolleyes: She made a gross assumption that all of my research was internet-based, which is obviously untrue.
I answered as a calmly as I could and was quite possibly very condescending when I said "that's ok that you think my research is ****, you are a dr and you are paid to think that!". She glared at me and then signed the form. I am still angry that she tried to intimidate me like that. I'd rather perform home surgery on myself with a butter knife and a rusty razor blade then ever go back to that quack again.

Edited to add: the **** word is cr@p. Is that really a rude word worthy of being censored?:o

SugarBlossom
30-04-2006, 20:40
To all the non vaxxers who are reading this.

In my first post I did not mean that ALL vaxxers fit into the 2 categories.

The ones that I do think fit into them are the people who show anger and give us a hard time for our choice.

All I want to here is have a supportive thread for us non vaxxers amoung the many pro vaxx threads there are.

So c'mon I know theres more of you!:wave:

SugarBlossom
30-04-2006, 20:41
to add to your post ******,

I gave up going to the health clinics as I got sick and tired of the lectures I got every time I went!:no:

SOOOO frustrating!:mad:

cosmic
30-04-2006, 20:56
Well, I'm not officially a non-vaxer yet, but we have definitely decided that we will at least delay vaccinations until a) bubs is older and b) we have more information to be able to make a final decision.

For now, we will do vitamin K orally (I'd probably skip it but DH prefers to at least do it orally) and definitely will not be doing Hep B.

I think the hardest thing is finding good impartial information. There is so much info and much of it seems to be biased one way or the other so it really is a case of having to find original research and weigh up the findings for yourself I think. Long and arduous, but worth it given some of the very scary stuff that is going on with vaxes.

tanni_83
30-04-2006, 21:33
i am a vaxxer but i dont take elise to get her needles. if i had it my way she wouldnt , her father takes her while i wait outside!!

where do i find some information on non vaxxing ? i would really like to do some research on this as it kills me every time we take elise to get her 'jabs'. i know my choice to 'non vax' will be heavily debated between myself and my dh, but i want to at least show him some real statistics or something.

any help is appreciated. thanks :fingerscrossed:

SugarBlossom
30-04-2006, 21:41
Hey cosmic:wave:

A good book is the immuniseation booklet that you get from any doctors or health clinics, and www.avn.org.au is a good website.

Google also has a lot of good places to look:thumbsup:

kymmy
10-05-2006, 11:33
my son suffered eczema
probably due to immunisation
so i have yet to decide whether
i should get needles done for my baby
he has already missed several
he is six months

Tulp
11-05-2006, 10:29
We've discussed it with my Ob and decided that our child will not have the Hep B vac at birth. Don't want any jabs at birth. When is a good time to have this. The Doc says we can do it at 2nd month and take it from there. I still think that's too young.

My younger sis in Perth held off all vac till her little one was 2. He is only now getting his jabs. She disliked how sick he got when he got his first jab.

When you say no vac, does this mean no vac or hold off?

My husband is pro vac. I am iffy. Would love to know where would be a good place to find more info.

V8
13-05-2006, 21:15
There was a post that had a web address www.avn.org.au something like that from memory. I think there are a few here that are total non-vaxers and some that are probably against the current immunisation schedule and delay some needles. I am a non-vaxer but my DS is only 6 months old, i am not sure whether i will get them done when he is older or not. I just don't like the idea of it at all.

SugarBlossom
25-05-2006, 19:48
I just wanted to respond to some people who have put responces of varience in other threads.

You have not read my original post properly.

I meant the people who give us non vaxxers hasseles are the ones who don't understand much about it....NOT EVERYONE

Cheers

Ffrenchknickers
26-05-2006, 09:41
Just popping my head in as a non-vaxxer, however I am not "anti-vax" at all, just dont vax myown kids - totally understand why others do:)

shed
26-05-2006, 10:16
Ffrenchstar, you were on here when I was still skinny, but I haven't seen you around for a while.

Anyhoo, I am a selective-vaxxer to-be. No Vit K, no Hep B and delaying some others and not getting some other ones.

DP is a mainstream type of guy but he is slowly coming round to agree and has agreed on the "no jabs at birth" thing already.

I just think its a really sh*tty thing to do when a perfect child comes into the world, one of the first experiences they have is to be jabbed and filled with substances.

Not for us.

I've had chickenpox and rubella and neither of them harmed me in the slightest.

melbournemum
14-06-2006, 14:45
I'm so so pleased this thread was started.

I find our position as non vaxers a lonely and sometimes scary one to be honest! Whenever it comes up I am so bombarded with the scaremongering of some (and only some of course) pro-vaccination parents that I'm left doubting a life decision that was made after many months of research, soul searching and consideration.
Its so good to read posts from like minded parents, its just so reassuring.

so a big thank you and a question if I may??!

have any of you had to deal with childhood illnesses yet such as measles and if so, what treatment did you seek/find effective. Our boys are still pretty young (1 and almost 3), but it is something I worry about. I've considered homeopathic immumisation but a lot of practitioners don't seem to like it. My husband feels that they are strong healthy robust little boys who will handle it if it happens and would love to have his confidence (I'm a worrier by nature!)

:)

p4purple
15-06-2006, 17:04
It is so good to have found this thread and to be validated. After reading "Well adjusted babies" from my chiro's library I have started to research on non-vaxing. It's great to know that I have a place to come now for support and to be validated. I am only 12 weeks pregers and doing all the research I can. I have broached the topic with my very conventional sister who has 3 children and I was severly chided "How could you risk having a sick child... modern medicine miracles ......" blah blah blah. My mother is a nurse and one of the principle reasons that I dont want her at the birth is because she will question me not giving my child the Hep B and Vitamin K shots. I believe that I am making an informed choice and rather than be challenged by people who "go with the flow"and don't question the big profits of the pharmacetical companies, I will choose to keep my mouth shut and only speak with supportive people, natural therapists and non-vaxers.

Pixie
15-06-2006, 17:29
I am a non vaxer :D I got asked at mum's group yesterday "have you immunised yet?" I said "ohh not yet" lol

We will when she's older 1-2 years old.
I have an interesting story perhaps.
My brother and sister were vaxcinated, I wasn't they both got every thing measels/mumps etc..and were very, very sick with them, I wasn't immunised until I was 9 and Had them all too but only briefly we're talking a few days with each.

So from a personal point I see the benefits in waiting. I am constantly told how Alert Eliza is, how calm she is etc, I have no idea if this is attributed to zero immunisations or that's who she is.

I do find I don't want to tell anyone we're not vaxing, they look at you like "oh my god" but then why are they worried their kids have been immunised, I am the one who should be worrying ;)

excuse spelling I am rushing!

Oh I did want to say in regards to the VIT K we did give this to Eliza but orally.

mum33
15-06-2006, 17:58
i am a vaccinator but just wanted to share something with you. my mum works for docs and she said if you do the first one or two needles then just dont get anymore done the health clinic or doctor where you usually get it done will call docs (if you havent aldready informed them of your decision i would assume).

is it true that some child care centres, pre schools and primary schools wont take your children if you havent vaccinated??

mum33
15-06-2006, 18:05
So from a personal point I see the benefits in waiting. I am constantly told how Alert Eliza is, how calm she is etc, I have no idea if this is attributed to zero immunisations or that's who she is.

not to be rude but i doubt thats why she is those things. thats probably just who she is. my son is vaccinated and is up to date with his needles and is still all those things that your daughter eliza is.

sorry...imo i think its a good idea to vaccinate and dont agree with the reasons why they dont (if vaccinations were around when my uncle was born then maybe he wouldnt have contracted polio, coz who have u heard of these days gettin polio???) but i know its your choice whether to do it or not so i dont want to cause any arguements and i am not gonna tell you that you have to do it or anything so i will just go now....:o

DoulaFelicity
15-06-2006, 18:31
Wasn't this thread specifically started for non-vaxers to network and share information and support? Whether parents who choose to vaccinate think it's a valid choice to not vaccinate isn't really up for argument in this particular spot, is it? (Or is it, and I've simply misunderstood? :D)

i am a vaccinator but just wanted to share something with you. my mum works for docs and she said if you do the first one or two needles then just dont get anymore done the health clinic or doctor where you usually get it done will call docs (if you havent aldready informed them of your decision i would assume).

is it true that some child care centres, pre schools and primary schools wont take your children if you havent vaccinated??

It is illegal to discriminate against children on the basis of vaccination. Any organisation which does so is in breach of the law. Some situations may require a conscientious objector's form to be completed by the parent(s) and a healthcare professional, to demonstrate that the lack of vaxing is an informed choice rather than a simple omission; however, your child cannot be refused or treated any differently to a vaxed child.

If it is in fact true that GPs/clinics will alert DOCS to a parent exercising their right to not vaccinate, then that is yet another example of the frivolous, manipulative misuse of our child protection system that we unfortunately see perpetrated by some professionals in the medical model of care (as with the Ob in QLD who alerted DOCS to a woman exercising her right to give birth at home); and not an indictment on the choice itself to abstain from vaxing.

M&P, there have been studies down that show there may be a link between vaccinations and behavioural disorders; so whilst it probably is just your child's own lovely disposition showing through, the chance does exist that it may also be related to your choice to delay vaccinating.

Aiden has just turned one, and we received an SMS from the GP who vaccinated him at 2 and 4 months (after which we stopped vaxing due to an extreme adverse reaction) reminding us that his 12 month immunisations were "due". For some reason I found that rude and invasive. :cool:

We originally intended to recommence vaxing at 12 months old but now that I see just how small and young he really still is, I can't in all good conscience risk that violent reaction he had last time he was vaxed. We may now delay until 18 months or two years.

mum33
15-06-2006, 18:47
Wasn't this thread started for non-vaxers to network and share information and support?

M&P, there have been studies down that show there may be a link between vaccinations and behavioural disorders; so whilst it probably is just your child's own lovely disposition showing through, the chance does exist that it may also be related to your choice to delay vaccinating.

Aiden has just turned one, and we received an SMS from the GP who vaccinated him at 2 and 4 months (after which we stopped vaxing due to an extreme adverse reaction) reminding us that his 12 month immunisations were "due". For some reason I found that rude and invasive. :cool:

We originally intended to recommence vaxing at 12 months old but now that I see just how small and young he really still is, I can't in all good conscience risk that violent reaction he had last time he was vaxed. We may now delay until 18 months or two years.

is that first comment directed at me?

sorry i didnt mean to intrde into your thread and i didnt mean to offend anyone or anything. so i am sorry if i offended by intruding. i just came in here for the exact reason you mentioned, to share information. i thought it may be useful for the others to know that docs can be involved if you all of a sudden stop vaccination after doing it for the first few times and u dont let the doctor know of your intentions.

however i disagree that your doctor was rude to sms you to tell you that his immunisations are due. unless you have made it clear that you dont want him vaccinated anymore then what is the problem may i ask? i would be happy if i had a doctor that cared that much about their patients that they sms to remind them of an appointment that you had. but thats just my feelings on the matter.

but i can understand if your son had a bad reaction to the needles that you would want to put it off till later.

but sorry again for intruding..

MilkOnTap
15-06-2006, 19:04
It is illegal to discriminate against children on the basis of vaccination. Any organisation which does so is in breach of the law. Some situations may require a conscientious objector's form to be completed by the parent(s) and a healthcare professional, to demonstrate that the lack of vaxing is an informed choice rather than a simple omission; however, your child cannot be refused or treated any differently to a vaxed child...
Hi ladies - I am a TTCing mother in waiting who is pro non-vax (make sense?) I did studies on vaccinations years ago and decided then that I wouldn't vax when I have children. The only thing I was/am concerned about is getting my child into day care. I thought that day care centres were allowed to refuse minding a child if they haven't been vaccinated? Has anyone else faced this kind of discimination before and been forced to go back on your right to keep your childrens immune al a naturale?

mum33
15-06-2006, 19:16
If it is in fact true that GPs/clinics will alert DOCS to a parent exercising their right to not vaccinate, then that is yet another example of the frivolous, manipulative misuse of our child protection system that we unfortunately see perpetrated by some professionals in the medical model of care (as with the Ob in QLD who alerted DOCS to a woman exercising her right to give birth at home); and not an indictment on the choice itself to abstain from vaxing.

yes it is true as i just stated, my mum works for docs. she told me this.

and i agree with what u are saying. my mums job is hard enough dealing with the real perpertrators (sp?) of child abuse and neglect (druggie parents and people that sexually molest their children etc) and people in her job dont need to go to investigate people that exercise their right to choose to not do something that isnt compulsory anyways. it is not a form of neglect or abuse.

xkwzit
15-06-2006, 20:28
Hi Ally
I have heard that daycare (like schools) can't discriminate against a non-vaxxed child. However, they will exclude your child from care if there's an outbreak of a disease in the centre which your child hasn't been vaccinated for.

I do vaccinate and so might not have the latest info on this, but I'm sure a non-vaxxer will confirm it though.

Cheers

Pixie
15-06-2006, 21:20
There is no law stating you have to immunise Ally.

angelic
16-06-2006, 15:22
Me myself, this has become a major decision with Jake arriving soon, my lil girl almost 12 was 1 of the 300,000 that vacc affected severley (whooping cough they believe, the 1st 3 shots).. she can only walk with hands held, no speech, tube fed, in nappies & an epileptic but luckily is an extremely happy & gorgeous child.. my sons are fine... hubby wants Jake done but im terrified it will happen again... all you can do is research & make an informed decision.

melbournemum
16-06-2006, 16:35
hi there

no, its not true that child care centres, kinders and schools etc won't take your child if he/she is not vaccinated, you simply have to sign a conscientious objector form.

bnatural
18-06-2006, 12:05
Thank you so much little buddah baby for your wonderful thread.

well well .. do I have a story. Now, you mentioned we get bombarded with pro vacs etc.. Did any of you read some facts by 'fight 4freedom'?? that was me but I was banned [inaccurate text removed by moderator]. Anyway to Lexismum.. thank you so much for posting what you said about "not being told why etc".. "it was just the norm to vac".. this is why I posted what I did. Because no one gets to hear or read the real stats on this issue. I admit I went at it quite abrubtly.. but how else does one get this info out there.. sorry that it is 'shock treatment' .. but to me, pro vac without the correct stats is shock treatment enough for me. What I wrote was real quotes from real doctors and real stats.
anyway.. whatever happened to freedom of speech? Anyhoo [inaccurate text removed by moderator] i'll leave it at that if anyone wants to read some of the info I posted please ask. I'm just glad there are some people out there who share my views.. so very very thankful! :O)

non vaxer.. immunised by nature.

p4purple
22-06-2006, 13:21
I was shouted at (yep, I kid you not!) by both a doctor and a nurse and bullied into allowing her to have her first vaccinations. It was midnight, I'd taken her to the medical centre with vomittting and diarrhea and I was tired, worried and emotionally vulnerable. They pounced on that and I had no fight left in me.

You poor thing....they should not have done that. You should have been given a few days to think about it. I have read that I child should not be vaxed when they are unwell and their immune system is depleted.

Pixie
22-06-2006, 13:31
I wonder what do you guys say when other people say "oh when he had his vax's" They always ask me about Eliza's 8 week shots and I say oh haven't got around to it yet :rolleyes: I just don't feel like getting into the why I am not converstation as I know the majority of people are for vax's..

shed
22-06-2006, 13:36
When people ask me I will just nod and say he's had them. That's only to the people who I can't be bothered going into it with.

p4purple
22-06-2006, 14:22
Hi Ladies

I am pregnant with my first child and I am very seriously thinking about being a non-vaxer. I know that for sure there will be no jabs at birth. I have been researching with gusto so as to be well informed. This thread has bought up so many interesting issues:

- To vax or not to vax and if so when
- What are the possible adverse reactions and side effects from vaccines to watch out for
- Why are we as a society into mass vaccinations and is it fulled by big business and pharmacetical companies
- How as parents do we deal with the objections from other parents and professionals such as doctors and nurses, schools and day care and conscientious objection forms
- What are the natural alternatives to vaccination and how can we buildup our childs natural immune system to cope with childhood diseases

I have read an excellent book that covers alot of the above issues: WELL ADJUSTED BABIES by Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani

The following websites are also supportive of non-vaxers:

http://thinktwice.com/

http://www.vaccination.inoz.com/

http://www.avn.org.au/

You can not research comprehensively without looking at the FOR argument because with pros come cons...I must point out that this is a gov't website:

www.immunise.health.gov.au/faq.htm

Some other points that I would like to raise -
- Some of the adverse reactions come not from the disease but from the preservative in the Vaccine. Additives include: Formaldehyde, Mecury, Aluminium, animal viruses (chickens, monkeys, rats and cows), genetically modified animal and plant cells, aborted human foetus cells and antibiotics. Why are we jabbing our kids with over 2000 times the 'safe limit' of mecury before they are 2 years old?
- There is no national data base in Australia that reports adverse reactions to vaccines
- Is the rise in child hood alergies, neurological disorders such as ADHD or autism attributed to the increase in vaccinations? (currently 1 in 100 Aust. children is falling with in the autism spectrum compared with 1 in 10 000 only 15 years ago)
- If they told us that asbestos and Thalidomide was safe, how can we trust that vaccines are?
- How do we cope with the guilt of not vaccinating when our child contracts a disease like the measels or whooping cough? Are they building natural immunity or are we inflicting needless pain onto them because of our own beliefs? How can we develop our own confidence and surround ourself with supportive care givers?
- In the USA the federal govt has paid out to the National Vacine Injury Compensation Program over $834 million to parents and families of vaccine injured children and those who have died. Japan discontinued compulsory vac's in 1994 after the gov't saw the potential for disaster with liability for compensation. That is why in Aust, our govt will never make them compulsory.

Sorry for the length post ... as a mum to be I have so many questions to ask and they usually only bring up more questions. Thankgod for this supportive thread. It is a very emotive subject to bring up with friends or family and I have decided in the future to shaft that convo and have faith in my own beliefs.

shed
22-06-2006, 14:25
I have also read that book, Well Adjusted Babies, which was loaned to me by my chiropractor and pretty much set me on this path as well.

Although I had already decided on the no-jab at birth thing prior to that.

Thanks for your info.

the_queen
22-06-2006, 14:32
Great post p4purple! Shows how much thought and research goes into making this very important decision. :thumbsup:

Pixie
22-06-2006, 14:40
I agree shed sometimes I do fib but it all truth when I say I haven't done it yet it's true she'll get them ...one day lol

p4purple
22-06-2006, 14:46
thankyou The_queen BTW Maya Angelou is who I will name my child after if it is a girl! I love the quote on your signature.

I have a mother who is a health care professional and usually has a clinical approach to most health issues and when I tried to bring it up with her a couple of months ago .... she did not tell me HER right from wrong....she just said:

"Make an informed decision and make sure it's not an emotional decision. You have a right as a parent to decide what is right for your child even if I as your parent believe it is not the right decision"

Knowledge = Power

the_queen
22-06-2006, 14:52
You've got a wise mum there p4p :yes:

faery
22-06-2006, 17:00
for the what do you say to people who ask about your kids vax status..... We say "he's had all the vaccinations he needs" ........which is none, but saves the hassles of getting into a debate.
although i like having the debate as i like to challenge the norm:laughing:

anna's mum
27-06-2006, 20:43
I just went to the avn site & could not access any information on the negative effects on, say, the meningoccal vaccine without ordering & paying for a booklet. Ironic, when some were mentioning that pharmaceutical companies are out for the dollar!
I should add that I was actually genuinely looking for information ...

faery
05-07-2006, 15:51
about having to pay for info on AVN.........

they are a not for profit organization that essentially runs on donations and purchase of it's mag and related products. if they sent out all their books and info for free, they would have no money for their important projects like lobbying the govt, etc. it costs money to print books, pamphlets run a web site, not to mention do the research and put it together into something people can read.

it is not that much to join and the booklets are also quite cheap. lobbying by the avn has made it possible for all of us to have the right to concientiously object without medical or religious reason. they have also done lots of other work to make it possible for us to be aware and informed about our vax decisions.

I reckon thats worth a bit of money a year. support organizations that support you. (no I don't work for them i just have an enormous amount of respect for the work they do)

bnatural
09-07-2006, 17:02
..in my opionion ..just to keep it simple, I think it's all a big money making scheme (put nicely also by buddah baby).. It's simply lies.. and what is wrong with getting some info from the net? This seems to be the last place to get anything real anymore as it's not edited or preplanned by the media (which are all connected by the way) and if everyone was a little more open minded perhaps things could change..and I also get sick of people using the words 'oh that's just conspiracy' ...I studied Naturopathy at the melbourne collage of natural medicine and all of the lecturers I had say exactly what I am saying.. with more and more people studying alternative medicines now and people choosing these alternative methods there's light at the end of the tunnel with people waking up and starting to take their health, into their own hands a little more by trusting their own instincts and not relying so much on what they are told to do.. or 'what is the norm' these I feel are unreliable sources and seem to be out of:banghead: control.

bnatural
12-07-2006, 21:33
Lisa.. I think you ROCK my friend.. I don't have the energy anymore to put up such big posts... ***text deleted by moderator*** I'm personally sick of people who give me lectures on 'but my mother got polio.. I caught menigicoccal.. such and such died of chicken pox.. ' and weren't vaxed.. i'm sorry to hear that.. but they think these stats are reasurrance enough that vax is so important if you don't u will surely get a disease.. I disagree.. what about all the stats (that don't come out mind you ) about the number of people who die or get the disease and have disabilities from these diseases who are indeed vaxed? I'll tell you know it's considerably higher - not to mention all the other ailments that are so common these days, and allergies... oh the list is so huge people seem to have become oblivious to them now and think it's the norm to be allergic to 20million things.......Of course it's not as easy as saying if you don't vax, your immune system is stronger (this is indeed true) but of course there are going to be stats of these people getting a disease...it could depend on a million things ...genetics, diet....something to weaken their immunity enough that has caused them to be more suseptable to the disease .. they are just picked on more because they want us to believe it's so dangerous not to vax.. thus this fear = money = damage to the immune system = dumbed down nation = more control..then it's people who say this (me) who are called 'consipiracy theorists', 'whacks', 'hippies'.. how funny are we humans ..this all seems to have worked so well, that they don't have to try so hard with putting fear into us.. we seem to be keeping each other in check just fine..

and what's with the remarks about 'if you aren't vaxed you are to be watched, and not allowed to attend school, playcentre ..etc, if there is a breakout.. you are a danger?..to who exactly? if majority are vaxed aren't they safe? (if the so called vaccinations are reliable) it's just so rediculous.. this is my point of view, and i'm not trying to scare anyone.. you all make up your own point of view, this is mine:D

faery
13-07-2006, 16:05
:yelclap:
love it when someone can articulate it so well:thumbsup:

bnatural
13-07-2006, 16:24
well i'm glad you've taken the time to write that fantastic post..you couldn't have said it better from a naturopathic point of view. I guess my point is the bigger picture.. I read a lot ..about everything..and while I agree with every single thing you have said...I would also like to address why we aren't exposed to the more natural side of things, as in how our bodies work, the importance of natural healing. They have done a good job in making us paranoid and terrified of disease, germs etc.. . so yes, it does seem there is something going on there behind the scenes with money making.. don't you think? I had a friend who worked as a sales rep for a pharmeceutical company he said doctors have incentives to put so many patients on for example anti-depressents..what's that all about? c'mon the western world is greedy, there is no money to be made if people were all healthy and self sufficient is there? no control of the masses, we don't live in an ideal world when it comes to this.. it's the people at the top, with the control.. not the common worker just doing his job, doing the best he can with the education he has had

If they can weaken our immune systems enough we are dependant on so many western medical drugs...immunisation does this, it weakens the immune system.. it creates vulnerability to all sorts of illnesses.. Does anyone want to question why we want to bombard our systems like this? I don't think we want to, it seems the authorities bombard us through one-sided information ..to create fear.. I have heard through a reliable source that they want to immunise everyone should there be just one case of the bird flu here in australia. What ever happened to our freedom? We seem to be just put into fear, and it's only when we take the time to research for ourselves (which not everyone has time to do) that we find out about how our bodies actually work..and to have faith in our systems ...

I also want to mention my health care nurse was thinking of leaving her job as the clinic she works for didn't like her natural approach or giving her patients the option of anti-vax.. they were pro vax and she didn't like this (these are government funded (hhmm).. free.. everybody goes to these places, and they aren't allowed to discuss this, or give the options??!!) she said she has seen a child come in able to recite the full alphabet then had a vax and was unable to recite it again!!! A disease is a disease should you be exposed your body will deal with it with best way it can whether or not you are vaxed or not vaxed..

FinnsMama
14-07-2006, 13:18
Great thread, just what I've been looking for.

DS (now 4mths) has had vitK, HepB and 2mth jabs because I was one of those "didn't really think about it" pro-vax people. Anyway we have just discovered, after 4 mths of misery for my LO, Dh and I, that DS is allergic to something/s in my diet (he is exlcusively bf) - and his reactions have been quite severe :(

We consulted a LC who specialises in allergies, and I asked her why she thought food allergies in children were becoming so prevalent. She had 3 reasons:
1) All the preservatives in food these days
2) Polluted enviro
3) Vaxs

She explianed to me that a baby's immune system is very immature, hence it can become overly stressed if bombarded with all these vaxs at such a young age. Allergies are an immune system repsonse... well it all made sense to me then! She also told me that in Japan and Sweeden they haven't vaxed children under 2 yrs of age for that reason for the past 10years, and the rates of SIDS and asthma have declined in both these countries, much lower than vaxing countries. She really got me thinking. Of course if I were to just take her word for this then I'd be no better than the "uninformed vaxer" that I was to start with, so I plan on doing my own research. We are definitely not vaxing until I have found out some more. If we do decide to vax, I don't think it will be until he is at least 2 years old.

I did everything I could to be so healthy in my preg, and had a natural birth so that DS would come into this world in "tip-top" condition without any drugs in his system, he has been exclusively bf from day one, and yet he now has a very damaged gut (which will heal now that I'm on an elimination diet) and food allergies which may be fatal down the track :crying: I'm very wary of vax now.

Anyway sorry to ramble, just wanted to say thanks for the post with all the info.

bnatural
14-07-2006, 16:44
Hey finnsmumma, good golly gosh, I really feel for you :( It really makes me mad.. all the lies we are told..
There is a great magazine called Nexus with alternative news in it.. the stuff that never reaches the 'normal' news..there is an interview with a retired chap who used to be involved in the making of vaccines and has sinced leaked some info..
it's interesting..
I too, like you Lisa, read all the things you have written about.. I believe it's true..why not when you find out that all the news media is owned by one family..
..along with all the other lies we are told about ..wars (all for power, not our protection) .. have you heard about flouride in the water??.. you would be really mad if you new about the facts on this.. not to mention all the other things they do to our food and the animals involved.. it's enough to make me think realistically that there is something else going on behind the scenes when they force the masses into vaccinations with only the facts they want us to know..freedom ..not on your nelly.. not unless people start to wake up :yelclap:

Ponyboy
14-07-2006, 19:17
thank goodness i've found some like minded people who won't try and shout me down when bringing up the issues you've all mentioned.

I made a comment about fluoride in water in another thread on bubhub and everyone basically ignored it and continued saying how qld is missing out because we don't have it here (yet!) - i'm happy we don't.

And vax - my 5mth old has had no vaccinations at all. We even avoided the heel ***** - my hubby believes this is a device to get DNA so everyone is on record. I just felt it unneseccary (excuse spelling) as the majority of the diseases it tests for are genetic or you can have the gene but not get the disease - why find out you have a gene with the possibility of getting the disease and live in fear!! Unfort., our darling had to get a blood test to test for thyroid function because I only have one thyroid gland - I did argue that my case was not hereditry but they demanded it done - poor thing screamed!!! This after being born 6 weeks early and dealing with tube feeding and glucose tests.

I'm now just trying to find a GP that will sign my conciousntious (spelling has left me tonight) objection form without trying to lecture me.

bnatural
15-07-2006, 14:50
LIsa and Sharon! wow.. I really love you two! Yes I also have mentioned flouride and told 'too much shock' treatment for people.. it's crazy!! I too now wish I hadn't done the heel *****.. that is the only thing we did..no vit. K.. no.. anything, I did it all the way I wanted in an amazing birthing centre, no doctors, no lights.. our midwife was really nice, but had still worked too many years in a hospital, so was still slightly corrupt :thumbsdown: she was wonderful with the heel *****, it still broke my heart, but I put my finger in bubbas mouth and she settled straight away. I do believe that your husband is onto something with the DNA thing, we're certainly not living in the freedom we think we are.. pretty scary. Even when I went to join a baby network thing (in NZ) they asked so many questions.. do you own your own home? What is your income? excuse me??? what's that got to do with our baby and meeting other mums.. government funded clinics can b**er off.. my hubby threw her out of our house much to her disgrace..just another rules follower not questioning anything. YOu're so lucky you live in QLD and don't have flouride! We travel 1 hour to get fresh mountain water..(tested to be the most purest ever tested in VIC) at least that's still there and not bought out by coca cola!...yet...I must say you two are the only real people who I have really clicked with on this website..that and the person who started this thread. I hope to chat to you more!
AS with trying to find someone to fill in the forms without the lecture I don't think they exist?! not in the normal orothodox, western trained profressions that's for sure, but that is the only place you can get them.. smart aren't they.. i'll wear earplugs
Lisa where abouts are you located?

Ffrenchknickers
15-07-2006, 14:56
Hey, great to see this thread still alive after so long:thumbsup:

Ponyboy
15-07-2006, 16:46
Do any of you subscribe to Natural Parenting or Byronchild? They have a lot of articles that the mainstream media won't ever print.

Another site that may interest: http://www.infowars.com/ but it is quite heavy - my husband reads a lot from there.

bnatural
15-07-2006, 20:16
sharon your husband sounds like mine! I think i've seen that website before..
since we're putting up info this interview is a good read...www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/VaccineResearcher.html
It's just so wonderful having some likeminded people to talk to, instead of fighting and trying to inform the ones who just don't want to open their eyes and want a bar of anything not 'the norm'
Yes :laughing: well..the person who started this thread lives in Northern Territory! how funny.. anyone from SA / WA out there!!?? c'mon looks like we have to start a revolution!

Yes I know of the natural parenting website also, they have forums too.. they are little more likeminded, but there's nothing like a good challenge on this sight about informing people that are so one sided and limited in what information they receive (no offence to you people) I just want to help...:banghead:

Perhaps we should start another thread on Flouride Sharon.. I have some great info for that one! Thing is you have to take it slowly and nicely with people or they just run and think 'oohh too hard and scary I want to return to my safe cave' but really you just want to throw it all in their face and say 'wake up'
I saw a funny show on how we humans have become so dependant on authority these days... seems people like to be told what to do.. 'big brother'
i gotta put bubs to bed but will be back with a flouride

rynosmum
15-07-2006, 21:27
Ladies, the fact that you choose to non-vax is your choice which you are more than welcome to.

Discussion about a challenge to 'wake up' vaxers is however not necessary. The same as you wish that your personal choices are valued, the pro-vax parents have that right as well.

Please keep this thread nice everyone.

bnatural
16-07-2006, 13:02
All I want is for people to be given access to more information and question this issue a little more, there is so much more to this issue than meets the eye. That is my personal opionion that people need to wake up! be alive! why not question authority? I hear so many stories of vaxers who have problems, allergies, concerns, they feel bad.. etc etc...what is wrong with questioning 'the norm' when so much doesn't add up!! So like I said above, why not.. wake up! be alive! take action! question this issue! I like, others on this thread want to supply additional information from what i've learnt, read talked about ..found out.. etc...If people don't agree then there is no need to take offence..I know of a person who was called a child abuser for not vaxing on this site..now, that is not nice. I would never ever have a go at someone for vaxing, I respect all mothers on this website and am overwhelmed at the wonderful parenting skills and information provided, and love for their children, so much so it melts my heart..all my aim is, is to inform, and question.. I personally don't see any harm in saying what i'm saying. :crying:

WeThree
16-07-2006, 13:15
All I want is for people to be given access to more information and question this issue a little more, there is so much more to this issue than meets the eye. That is my personal opionion that people need to wake up! be alive! why not question authority?

See here lies the problem,of course you are entitled to have a thread to discuss why you do not vax, and to support other like minded people, but this is a forum for ALL parents and I imagine that some people must get offended by the assumption that they couldnt possibly already have access to more information, or that they arent already aware that there is more to it than meets the eye, or that because they happen to feel differently to you that they need to 'wake up.'
Many many parents here have done their research, have regulary read 'nexus' and other such alternative magazines (possibly because their DH makes them :rolleyes: ) (which I might add, are just as likely to contain misleading info as a mainstream publication, just because someone writes something and gets it published doesnt make it so, we all shouldnt just blindly believe everything we read;) ,) and have done other research on the net and from other sources and still have not come to the same conclusion as you, just because it is different from your choice doesnt necessarily make it an ill informed or wrong one.
So anyway, as I said, this is the point us mods feel we have to make, you are more than entitled to share with everyone what you believe, but to assume that those who do not do the same as you are ignorant or misinformed is not a good idea on a forum where all parents and parenting styles are welcome.
Thanks

xkwzit
16-07-2006, 14:42
I personally don't see any harm in saying what i'm saying. :crying:

Let me help you out with that. Just don't make assumptions like:

people that are so one sided and limited in what information they receive
Many pro-vaxxers have researched.

We all have a view and you will never get everyone to agree. Respect other ppl's rights to their opinions, as we respect your right to yours - and we will all get along just fine.:)

Cheers

AppleBlossym
16-07-2006, 17:41
I have been watching this thread for sometime and just want to point out that this thread is for non vaxxers, like little buddah baby said.

I don't want to sound rude, but if you vax maybe you should start your own pro vax thread and not post in this one.

This was supposed to be a supportive thread for non vaxxers as I totally understand what the OP means...as non vaxxers we sure do get given some greif and a lot of opinions pushed onto us....but if we try to do the same we get totally shot down! NOT ON!:no:

So please pro vaxxers, start your own pro vaxx thread.

Ponyboy
16-07-2006, 17:50
...as non vaxxers we sure do get given some greif and a lot of opinions pushed onto us....but if we try to do the same we get totally shot down! NOT ON!:no:

Thanks for saying that as I was going to try to put it in a way that would not offend but you have said it very well.:)

WeThree
16-07-2006, 17:51
AppleBlossom, as myself and a couple of other mods have pointed out, a supportive thread where like minded people can get together and share is great, but we do not want you to discuss other parents decision to vax in a way that suggests that they do not know what they are doing. A pro vax thread would get the same reminder if they were implying that you guys didnt know what you were on about. If this is the way this thread is going to go then I suggest you take it to a forum where it is only for one sort of parenting style, or discuss it in private.I dont want to bring this up again, we will just end up going around in circles and a great, friendly, supportive thread will end up closed, so lets just leave it and you ladies can all get back to your chat. :yes:

MilkingMaid
16-07-2006, 18:49
Just popping in to put my hand up as a complete non vaxer, who also declined the heel stick for both babies. :thumbsup:

bnatural
16-07-2006, 19:04
all the remarks and opinions aside for a moment, and just something a little more light hearted to ponder....for all us involved... isn't it funny ..when you look at the bigger picture, it's just another division us as humans have.. we just can't seem to work together can we? There is always divide...(these are just examples) i'm black you're white, i'm christian you're muslim, I vax you don't..i'm right you're wrong....and so on it goes...it seems to be egos and beliefs involved so strongly here...we're weird things

My only point was (and sorry to offend) ..but at the start of the thread a vaxer announced her concern that she was not told or given options about vax's it was just done....she had no idea ..then I read other threads stating..'my poor son got a dreadful rash/fever/autism...etc etc.. and I just asked? Well should we be questioning this? As in.. work together? (I know I should have been more tactful.. but we live and learn hey..and I thank you for bringing some things to my attention) I understand the argument of.. 'alternative news may be just as inaccurate'.. that's totally true! of course we can't believe all that we read.. but when you look at other worldwide issues that are going on and the lies that are told about these issues (flouridation being one example where it is becoming common knowledge that the whole thing has been a scam and is a waste product from alluminum/fertilser factories that they can't dispose of so where else but in our water where they then make up that it's good for you, if there is adequate calcium in water calcium flouride will form.. what they put in is sodium flouride (toxic) .. now they push this on us, we have no choice ...it's expensive to do so, that is just one example that makes me wonder why the big push for vax's??? whats really going on??...most of europe don't use flouride..it's illegal in sweeden denmark and holland just to name a few.. they also don't vax until about 2 years of age. All I ask is how about working together here and asking some questions.. perhaps a new thread should be started to list what each has researched and not push either or.
I would really like to know what made you pro vaxers vax? list the reasons.. where did you get your info...?? i love u all:kiss:

rynosmum
16-07-2006, 19:16
perhaps a new thread should be started to list what each has researched and not push either or.

Have a look at this thread http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=29893

I would really like to know what made you pro vaxers vax? list the reasons.. where did you get your info...??

Try this one: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=19921

Let's leave this thread for the people who choose not to vaccinate. Our only request that the wording such as 'waking up' the pro-vaxxers is avoided. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

1+1=5
02-08-2006, 16:34
what an awsome thread and i hope it doesn't go so far as to have it removed because non-vaxxers need all the support they can get. i don't know any parents (persoanlly) who have chosen not to vaccinate their child/ren so i don't get encouragement from anywhere. the way i will tackle the backlash is by priniting off all the info i can find to support my decision and if anyone ever asks, i'll give them a folder! :laughing:
i vaccinated DS purely because of the pressure but since then i have learned to stand up for myself a bit more so NO vaxx this time, no heel pri-ck test, nothing. i said on my birth plan that i did not want my son to have his VitK but in the middle of labour the midwife preseded to lecture me on why it is necessary till i said yes. damn i was stupid to say yes! this was after about 23 hrs of labour, sleeping pills and pethadine. i just wish they had respected my original decision instead of trying to change my mind in the middle of labour!

as for alternative therapies, my son has been suffering from recurring nasty virus for the past 2 months from which he developed asthma and had to go to hospital twice from attacks. the doctors 'can't' do anything with him because its a virus so i took him to a homeopath who have him some drops and a week later he is completely fine! no coughing through the night anymore and no heavy nasty coughing through the day either. soo soo happy. never going to doctors again unless its something more serious.

go the natural way!

1+1=5
02-08-2006, 17:11
i heard that in america it is illegal NOT to vaccinate your child and its considered as child neglect and the court can force you to immunize your child. lucky we have a choice.

kymmy
02-08-2006, 18:42
To you ladies who still are unsure, i found delaying them with my second son till he was 2 1/2 made a huge difference, he had a terrible reaction to his first couple, so we left it till he was older, and he wasnt fazed a bit and had no reaction whatsoever. We will probably do this with Tilly as well.

That is probably what I will do with my baby.

spiritedfamily
10-08-2006, 12:36
I'm glad to come across this thread...I have spent years being a minority over this issue, after my younger years of being vocal about it, I now keep to myself and go about my business and let others go about their's...at least I can still talk to other parents that way...otherwise its always an angry relationship. I think unless I feel led to share with someone, I've come to realise most are happy with their decisions...

I haven't vaccinated any of my children...I feel their isn't enough evidence to prove its safe and plus I believe as much as in the past we've had to control epidemics, we've taken it too far, I think we go over the top. I agree with those who have already mentioned, if you want to vaccinate, give the child until at least two. Their little bodies need time to adjust to the world's bacteria's etc...

I only let our children have vit k orally...

I have a considerate doctor...he doesn't agree with my choice but he supports us making a conscientious choice (if that makes sense).

If we went overseas I would alllow my children to have the appropriate needles...so as much as I have an alternative approach, in certain circumstances we would take different measures...but then their bodies would be older and stronger.

I didn't have the 13year old rubella needle and later found out that I was immune anyway and that in actual fact this is the most reliable immunity to have...a natural one.

I was wondering if there is anyone who vaccinates homeopathically and what their schedule is and where they got the information???

dragonflyblu
21-08-2006, 17:24
Many many parents here have done their research, have regulary read 'nexus' and other such alternative magazines (possibly because their DH makes them :rolleyes: ) (which I might add, are just as likely to contain misleading info as a mainstream publication, just because someone writes something and gets it published doesnt make it so, we all shouldnt just blindly believe everything we read;) ,) and have done other research on the net and from other sources and still have not come to the same conclusion as you, just because it is different from your choice doesnt necessarily make it an ill informed or wrong one.

I havent read this whole post yet, so sorry if this has already been brought up. Nexus and other such magazines are not where I have researched. These type of magazines are really really misleading. We do not plan to vaccinate and we have used state and federal government sites as well as medical papers on the various vaccines (and various brands/mixtures of vaccines etc). This information is really available. Just yesterday I was reading a report on the measels outbreak in a controlled area which was supposedly started by a vaccinated child and infected hospital staff (both vaccintaed and not)... The paper was a government report on the NSW gov. website. I just wanted to point out that this information is published by the government and universities and easily obtained on the web. Thanks for this thread, now I am going to go back and read the rest of it!

One more thing... Why do we have to be a concientious objector when it is not compulsory. I dont want to object to vaccintaions I just dont want to give them to my baby and as far as I was aware we didnt have to?

:thumbsup:

Buddha Bubbas
24-08-2006, 10:09
i had my daughter vaccinated up until the MMR before school. i wish i had done my research as i also really just got it done because the doctors said i had to. i watched a documentray made in the UK regarding the link between vaccination and autism. my cousin was a perfectly normal happy 4yr old and when she had her vaccintaion completely changed and is autistic. there is apparetnly a risk if your child has A) bowel problems B) diabetes runs in the family which both of these apply to my family. i have been abused by a doctor at the hospital when i took my daughter there, telling me that maybe i should stop being so selfish... ahem, i can understand when people say you would never forgive yourself if they caught soemthing because they werent vaccinated but i would also never forgive myself it something happened because of vaccintaion. no doctor could confirm that vaccintaion and ausitm were linked... but they also couldnt guarantee me that they werent... that was enought for me!

stellarella
26-08-2006, 22:23
My partner and I are currently trying to decide whether to vaccinate our boy or not as he is coming up to his 2 month dr visit. so far we have said NO to Hep B at birth and no to Vit k and are leaning towards no at 2 month injections too.

Being a parent is the scariest thing ever. I just wish someone could tell me what to do.
This forum is brilliant as i know there are other people out there saying no and i feel supported and comforted knowing im not the only one in the world with an un immunised child.

Im really interested in how many parents say no, as i think its more than the med prof lets on.
thoughts??
Ella

spiritedfamily
26-08-2006, 23:05
One more thing... Why do we have to be a concientious objector when it is not compulsory. I dont want to object to vaccintaions I just dont want to give them to my baby and as far as I was aware we didnt have to?

:thumbsup:

It is a pain...
since my children have been to child care and school, it is expected that you have a form signed by a doctor to state your choice. I'm not sure of the legalities...doesn't phase me, I just see it as an official communication of a choice I made, equally vaccinators have records stating their actions...I'd rather be left alone and this form allows me to go about my business. I don't believe I need to add more fuel to this fire(debate)...

dragonflyblu
27-08-2006, 16:30
Thanks damona, hope its not a hassle for us as it seems to have been for some other parents. Too bad its called a concientious objector really does sound like a political protest!