PDA

View Full Version : what are your hobbies and things you do in a day

sugar n spice
09-04-2006, 23:43
For all you mums and especially you sahm, i was wondering what hobbies you do on a regular basis or what you do each day on top of the everyday norm to keep life interesting. I have started card making which my son likes doing with me but life gets pretty boring so i though i might post and see what you all get up to each day.

Starlet
10-04-2006, 00:09
WHen I actually have time at home(when I'm not at uni), I scrapbook. I love it, can't get enough of it! I just wish I had someone I could do that kinda stuff with, it's more fun having someone to chat to while you're doing it!

Other than that, I just read or something, I tend to just relax and do nothing coz majority of the time I'm on the go.

~MUMMY~
10-04-2006, 08:59
i dont have much time to do anything but when babe is asleep at nights or at his fathers house i like to paint. or chat forever on my phone or just have a movie marathon un-interupted.

but cleaning is the thing which i spend 99% of my time doing when i have a spare minute to myself..

or walks... i love to go walking slowly through the streets and through town and down to the river.... but seeing babe cant walk at the moment due to injuries we just hang out infront of the telly.....:rolleyes:

Funkychicken
10-04-2006, 09:15
Do you mean apart from BUBHUB? :D
I bake quite a bit . Stuff for school luches etc.... I also do a lot of craft stuff. All the craft I do is Steiner-inspired...little pixies and gnomes, felted animals and people, dry and wet felting. I get started on a project and it becomes all-consuming until I have finished by which time I am looking for a new project. I dye all my own felt and usually throw in some of the children's clothes as well.
And I looove getting out in my garden. I would prefer to do this than inside chores. I potter around doing this and that, planting, weeding etc.. and fluff around in the chook pen too. We have a hen looking after 8 chicks at the moment so they are entertaining.
Oh and I am still wading through the entire Buffy The Vampire Slayer series. I've been at it for 3 months now and am up to series 5. A bit tricky as I can't have it on when the children are at home unless they are asleep.

mrsrobo
10-04-2006, 09:54
I do card marking, start scrap booking and some gardening as well

sugar n spice
10-04-2006, 11:13
Thats great is there anyone else that wants to add what they do, just bumping the thread up. that hen with the 8 chicks sound like fun to watch

samuelboy
10-04-2006, 13:17
I do anything crafty, I love cross stitch, thread painting, embroidery and quilting. Most of these I do when the boy is asleep as I'm always scared I'm going to drop pins and things.

I also love reading magazines and surfing the net.

PMS
10-04-2006, 13:33
Besides looking after the zoo and coming on bubhub I love cardmaking, baking and a good book. Seeing as our local library is short on good books I dont get to read much!

Ruby Slippers
10-04-2006, 13:36
I love painting i love that it's my freedom to put my own picture onto a canvas i love to paint , tree's nudes , snow , ect, i'm not an artists i just have fun ,
I put my country music on and it's just me time as my girls are at school and all house work is done of course :D

Ruby Slippers
10-04-2006, 14:50
bump:D .....

sugar n spice
10-04-2006, 14:51
It seems we have a lot of craft people on bubhub which is great:thumbsup:

GloomCookie
10-04-2006, 15:15
All the craft I do is Steiner-inspired...little pixies and gnomes, felted animals and people, dry and wet felting.

That sounds awesome, but I'm not entirely sure what it is you're doing - can you explain/post pics?

I've always loved crafty things, lately I have been collecting the Creative Papercraft thing that goes out to newsagencies and seeing all these cool things I could be making if I had the money. :(

I've recently gotten into quilling, and I used to do a lot of origami. I'd love to get more quilling supplies to I can make things other than butterflies. :laughing:

Issey
10-04-2006, 15:15
I have started scrapbooking while I am on maternity leave, I go to a scrapbooking place on Mondays you can stay all day if you want and use their cutters, pens, punches etc for $5 it includes a coffee and cake too! :smiliedance: .

I also love looking around at Op Shops and picking up bargains for Bub.

Funkychicken
10-04-2006, 19:03
That sounds awesome, but I'm not entirely sure what it is you're doing - can you explain/post pics?

I've always loved crafty things, lately I have been collecting the Creative Papercraft thing that goes out to newsagencies and seeing all these cool things I could be making if I had the money. :(

I've recently gotten into quilling, and I used to do a lot of origami. I'd love to get more quilling supplies to I can make things other than butterflies. :laughing:
I have just noticed you've come online. I'll post more on the craft stuff later tonight. just going to pop the children in bed now!:)

Jewlz
10-04-2006, 19:57
Writing. Any spare moment I am jotting something down, editing something... I also dabble in painting and various crafty stuff. I am not a 'hard core' crafter, but I do dabble when I get a moment of inspiration. Mum is always at me to take up scrapbooking (she used to own a scrap shop in Bundy) but atm, it is just not me... I do however, want to learn how to cast on and off for knitting...

Funkychicken
10-04-2006, 20:54

I've sent you an email with some pics. Basically the items I make are all made from natural fibres. Wool and cotton mainly. I use pure wool felt for animals and clothes on bendy dolls and fleece for dry felting,aka needle felting. You mould the fleece into the shape you are trying to achieve (ie; a ball for a dolls head) and useing a felting needle you stab at it until you get the right shape. A large piece of foam comes in handy here to put underneath so you don't stab yourself. It's really rewarding to produce a doll or stuffed animal from scratch and it's pretty much just basic stitching.:)

sugar n spice
11-04-2006, 11:18
Sal that sounds very interesting what your doing.:smiliedance:

kiwibird27
11-04-2006, 11:25
Washing....................I love doing washing!!!! Call me a freak if u like!!!!!:ecomcity:

einalem
17-04-2006, 16:07
Kiwibird, you can come and do my washing any time (dishes or clothes, take your pick, I hate either chore)

what do I like to do... ummm...

AJ plays a lot of time by himself, that sounds awful I know, he likes to sit next to me and do his own thing while I do mine. So I have time to play...

At the moment I am hooked on beading and jewellery, which is part of my business as well as a hobby.

I enjoy a bit of scrapbooking, but I have to be in the mood, same with cardmaking. I love knitting and crochetting in the winter, sewing late at night, quilting when I want to do something but don't feel inspired (at the moment I am turning my wedding dress into a quilt).

I love painting when I have "issues" that need to be worked out (my PND painting is hanging on the loungeroom wall, a huge japanese tree spread across 5 or 6 canvases. that was the last painting I've done).

sketching and drawing when I have the time

surfing the web

photography (business as well as hobby)

updating my website

cooking and baking, I LOVE trying new recipies or making stuff up.

Oh and once a fortnight I go window shopping, by myself, no family, no friends, no baby, no hubby. Just me and some alone time, I love that time. I can go to craft shops, look at clothes, get a chai in peace and quiet and read a book if I want, spend as much time as I want at the bead shop etc.

I want to learn precious metal clay and bead lampworking, but all in good time.

MummyCharmzy
17-04-2006, 17:30
when I have the time and energy I scrapbook and sew a little. Mostly make baby things like cloth wipes, tote bags for nappies, fabric picture books for my daughter... that kind of thing :)

Melo
18-04-2006, 11:12
I enjoy Scrapbooking and Card making - I just never seem to have enough time though! :(

sugar n spice
19-04-2006, 13:26
Oh and once a fortnight I go window shopping, by myself, no family, no friends, no baby, no hubby. Just me and some alone time, I love that time. I can go to craft shops, look at clothes, get a chai in peace and quiet and read a book if I want, spend as much time as I want at the bead shop etc.

window shopping how do you manage that without buying, im such a shopaholic:laughing:

illawarramumof2boys
19-04-2006, 14:11
hi

i love going to the gym.
i'm also a painter but haven't done any works for 3 years.
i'm also an ebay junkie.
:smiliedance:

einalem
19-04-2006, 14:45
window shopping how do you manage that without buying, im such a shopaholic
I don't take money with me, or I take $20 - $40, so i keep it to a limit. Otherwise i'd spend it all!!!

kymmy
28-04-2006, 11:23
i love knitting
and
jewellery making