View Full Version : sterilising bottles!
I was given a advent microwave sterilizer and want to no a few things lol here come my probley silly questions....
1. Can i sterilize tommee tippee bottles in a advent sterilizer??
2. Do i need to put anything in the sterilizer eg. cleaning product? or do i just put it straight in the microwave?
3. How long do i need to leave the sterilizer in the microwave??
Sorry for the silly questions but im a first time mummy to be and im not sure what to do :o. Thanks heaps for any help.
lol I think you mean Avent ( unless there is another brand called Advert?).
1 yes you can, if they are the wide ones though you might not be able to fit heaps in at one time.
2 If it is a steam steriliser then you put water in and switch the microwave on (there should be instrucions).
3 Again it varies but from memory mine took 5 mins.
HTH and the only silly questions are the ones you don't ask!
There are never any silly questions for a New mum :)
Firstly you can do any bottles in there, so Tommie will be fine.
I just put 200ml of water in it. You don't use any cleaning product when you microwave it. But you do need to wash the steriliser to keep it clean as needed. This you can do with dishwasing detergent and dry as normal etc.
I microwave for 5mins as I have a microwave over 1400watts. The times can vary to 6mins and so on.
I hope this helps
Hi, don't worry i had the same problem not knowing what to do.
1. I would think that you would need the same brand sterilizer as the bottles need to fit in it. So if they do fit why not.
2. I use the Avent microwave one and all i put in it is 200ml of water.
3. Our microwave is i think 800 watts and we leave it in there for 6 mins.
Hope that helps :)
Hi they are not silly questions I wouldn't have known them if i wasn't told. Yes you can put any bottle in if the will fit. You don't need cleaning products but need need to make sure the bottle are clean before they go in the sterilizer. (im sure you knew that lol)
The bottles sterilize in about 5-8 min, i think this depends on the microwave though. I always put ours in for 5 min. Once the microwave ihas done its thing they are ready to use.
Good luck with the birth of your bub
Thank you all for ur help and making me not feel silly, u have all been so helpful! :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.