View Full Version : I have a Question.....
I have a question for you all.....
I have a DS (11) from a previous relationship and we have been told that DH swimmers have poor motility and shape and that is seems to be the reason we have not conceived as yet. Though I have NOT had any tests other then blood and ultra sound.
I donated eggs in 2005? to my cousin which resulted in her having a little pink bundle of joy, so we know that my eggs work.
Do you think that the FS will want to do loads of testing first or do you think that they will look at DH results from September last year and maybe ask for some new ones and my notes from the Donor Cycle I did and let us go from there onto ICSI right away, or do you think that they will want me to have a lap etc........ before starting.
I am just trying to get an idea about what to expect when I get there.
I think that they will most probably redo all tests for you both, 2005 was a few years ago and they will probably need updated results. Also they'll probably get DH to do more tests. This is my opinion and hopefully others will be able to help you more. Good Luck with everything! Jo
Hi MrsPee :wave: My DH had to have a sperm analysis done and I had a few blood tests and an internal ultrasound but that was the only tests either of us had to have done. All very easy, painless stuff. I think it varies from doctor to doctor and patient to patient etc. though.
DH's morphology is a bit iffy but we are humoursly known as Mr and Mrs Borderline as both DH and I are ok, but only just. The clinic always seems to come back with results saying we are borderline.
We had our first ICSI cycle in Sep/Oct and are having our first FET in Feb, coming up.
If I were in your shoes I think I would make an appt with your FS and go in and find out what they would have planned for you. They will usually only chat about htings in the first appt anyway. Perhaps consider ringing 2 different clinics now and make 2 seperate appt's with different FS's (as it will take weeks to get in usually) then go to the first one and if not happy go to the second one and see whether they have a different opinion or way of doing things..... If you were happy with the first one - cancel the second one.
We went for a second opinion but were told the same thing.... We need to do ICSI.
Thanks andjo and Mummynow,
We have an appt on the 8th Feb to see a FS so I guess I will know in time. We are happy to go right to ICSI right away and will be telling the fs that info, that is why I was asking the above question. Trying to gage if they will still want all the tests.
We have been ttc for 7 yrs and have tried evey know herb, lotion and potion known to man and now that the decision has been made to go down the path of IVF/ICSI we just want it done. iykwim (patience mrs pee Patience)
Another thing is DH is in the Navy and will be away from around May till August. So we would like him to be here for the EPU and to give a fresh sample on the day not a frozen one if it can be avoided.
Oh the joys .......
Thanks again :)
Yeah - I agree with Mummynow .... if there is a reason to suspect problems they will do a lap, but otherwise often they will try not to as it is quite invasive. They may suggest a dye test, and will usually do the full range of BT's.
Good luck :babydust2::babydust2::babydust2::babydust2::babyd ust2:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.