View Full Version : two recipes please
I'm after two recipes please.........:chef:
vegie lasagne and hot cross buns(with all the fruit, peel etc!!)
Thanks in advance
Hope these are ok:)
Hot cross bun recipe
2 oz Caster sugar
4 fl. oz. Water
4 fl. oz milk
1 oz fresh yeast
1 lb plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaped teaspoon ground mixed spice
2 oz raisins
2 oz mixed peel
2 oz melted butter
1 beaten egg
For the Cross (optional)
Mix these together to form the paste that is piped into the buns (Method: stage 9).
4 tablespoons plain flour
1 tablespoon caster sugar
3-4 tablespoons water
Cream the fresh yeast and sugar together.
Add the beaten egg to this mixture.
Warm the mil, water and butter to blood heat temperature, then add these to the above mixture.
Add the flour, salt, mixed peel and raisins and mixed spice.
Work to dough, knead for about 5 minutes.
Cover and leave until the dough has doubled in size.
Now knock back the risen dough to it’s original size.
Roll into small buns, place on a well-greased baking tray. Leave for these to rise for approx. 30 mins.
When risen, cut a cross into each bun, this is where you will pipe in the cross mixture.
Place into a pre heated oven Gas mark 7 for 15-20 minutes.
Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 30 mins to 1 hour
1¼lb/550g pasta verde or 1lb/450g dried green lasagne
1.5kg/3.5lb fresh spinach
1 egg, lightly beaten (for the spinach balls)
2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
150g/5oz fresh grated parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten (for coating the aubergines and courgettes)
2 large aubergines, cut lengthwise into 5mm/¼in slices
100g/4oz white flour
2 large courgettes, cut lengthwise into 5mm/¼inch slices
300g/11oz fresh oyster mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms, slices
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp chopped parsley
double quantity sugo di pomodoro - tomato sauce
300g/11oz fontina cheese, cut into chunks
7 eggs, lightly beaten (for assembling the lasagne)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C/gas5.
2. To make lasagne: roll out the pasta dough (if using fresh) on a lightly floured surface to make a single sheet3mm/1/8in thick. Cut into rectangles about 10x20cm/4x8in in size.
3. Cook the fresh or dried pasta, adding the pieces one by one to boiling water to which you have added salt and 1 tbsp of oil, to prevent the pasta sticking. Allow 5 minutes cooking time for fresh pasta, 8-10 minutes for dried. Carefully remove the pasta and pat dry on clean tea towels.
4. To make the spinach balls: cook the spinach in a little water until tender, drain well and chop finely. Mix the spinach in a little water until tender, drain well and chop finely. Mix the spinach with 1 tbsp beaten egg, the dried breadcrumbs and 25g/1oz of the parmesan cheese. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Using your hands to shape the spinach mixture into walnut-sized balls.
5. Heat enough oil to deep fry the spinach balls, until lightly browned on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
6. To prepare the aubergines: put half of the other 2 beaten eggs in a dish. Dip the aubergine slices into the flour and then into beaten egg. Heat enough oil to deep fry the aubergine, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
7. Prepare the courgettes in the same way as the aubergines, dipping them into flour and beaten egg, then deep frying them. Set aside on paper towels.
8. To prepare the mushrooms: heat 1 tbsp oil in a separate frying pan, add the mushroom slices and fry briefly. Stir in the garlic and parsley with salt and pepper to taste.
9. To assemble the lasagne: put 3-4 tbsp tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Cover with a layer of pasta. Next add a layer each of the mushrooms, the courgettes, aubergine and spinach balls. Add some of the fontina cheese. Now add 3-4 tbsp tomato sauce, 3-4 tbsp of the beaten eggs and a generous sprinkle of the remaining parmesan cheese.
10. Starting with a layer of pasta repeat the sequence of layers until the ingredients are all used, finishing with a layer of vegetables.
11. Bake for 20 minutes. Cut into portions and serve.
3/4 cup Fresh Breadcrumbs (from italian-style bread)
1/2 cup Chargrilled Capsicum
250 g pkt Instant Large Lasagne
1/4 tspn Nutmeg Ground
1/4 cup Pesto Sauce,
2 tblspns Pine Kernels
425 g can Sliced Tomatoes Italian Style
250 g tub Smooth Ricotta
250 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 cup Thickened Cream
180 g Baby Spinach Leaves, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan-forced ovens). Lightly grease a 20 x 30cm ovenproof dish with a little oil.
2. In one bowl combine tomatoes and capsicum. Set aside.
3. In another bowl combine the pesto, spinach, breadcrumbs, ricotta, ¼ cup of parmesan and nutmeg. Set aside.
4. Layer lasagne sheets over the base of the dish to cover. You may need to trim them to fit. Spoon over the tomato mixture. Then arrange another layer of lasagne sheets on top. Spoon over spinach mixture and finish with a layer of lasagne.
5. Pour over thickened cream. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and pine kernels. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Return to oven. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
Hot Cross Buns
2 sachets of dried yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
500g breadmaking flour (or 500g plain flour + 2 tablespoons gluten flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup chopped dried dates or dried figs
1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts or chopped walnuts
4 1/2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Mix the dried yeast with the teaspoon of sugar. Warm the flour by microwaving for 2 minutes on high. Sift the flour, add salt and powdered cinnamon, then add the yeast/sugar mixture. Bring milk and butter to boil, then add brown sugar and water and allow to cool. Make a well in the centre of the warm flour and add the milk mixture and lightly beaten egg. Mix to form a soft dough, Adding a little extra water if necessary. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Press out into a flat shape and add the fruits and nuts. Roll up and knead a little more until the fruit is mixed in. Return to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C.
3. Punch dough down and divide into 16 pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a ball and place them close together on a greased or paper lined baking tray. Cover with a tea towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes until they have doubled in size.
4. Combine the cross ingredients to form a smooth paste. Pour into a freezer bag, tie the top and cut off one corner to form a 3mm opening. Pipe this mixture to form crosses on the buns. Bake the buns in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Place buns on a wire cooling rack and brush with the glaze immediately.
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon gelatine
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil. Brush over buns while hot.
I've got a nice vege lasagne recipe - it's weird that it's got apple in it, yes. And it's weird that it's got no actual pasta in it, yes. But seriously I prefer this to regular lasagne now.
Mountain/Lavash bread (instead of pasta)
Extra grated cheese (for topping)
(For vegetable sauce)
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 green apples, grated
1 cup celery, finely chopped
425g can tomatoes
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 medium carrot, grated
1/2 cup capsicum, finely chopped
2 tbspn tomato paste
1/2 tsp basil
black pepper to taste
(For cheese sauce)
1 cup skim milk
1 cup cheese, grated
2-3 tbspn flour
2-3 tbspn oil
Saute onion and garlic in a little water. Add other ingredients and herbs, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Heat oil, stir in flour. Add milk, stirring constantly until thick. Stir in grated cheese. Remove from heat.
In ovenproof dish place alternate layers of Mountain bread, vegetable sauce and cheese sauce. Repeat until all sauces have been used. Finish with a layer of Mountain bread. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Cook in moderate oven for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden brown.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.