PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy after Implanon

~J'dore~
21-02-2006, 14:05
Hi everyone,

I had an Implanon in for 9 months and have had it removed for 4 1/2 months because we are TTC

My cycles don't seem to be as 'fertile' as they use to be, and my luteal phase is shorter.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a Implanon and then after removal gone on to get pregnant. And how long did it take?

And is anyone else had any problems with trying to conceive after having an Implanon?

Thanks

xx Denise

*Country Bumpkin*
21-02-2006, 15:44
Hi

I had implanon for 1 year and had terrible trouble with it- when i finally had it removed i had been bleeding for 17weeks straight!!!!!:eek: Plus we were TTC

As you can see from my pic above^ i am preggi!!!! It took 2 periods to fall pregnant and when my 3rd was due well i found out hehe:smiliedance:

Hope this helps good luck with your TTC

misskittyfantastico
21-02-2006, 15:46
Hi Denise,
I had my implanon removed after the full 3 years and DH and I conceived on our first try (poor DH I think he was looking forward to a few more tries!). I'm planning to have a new implanon inserted in a few weeks cos I found it so good first time round.
Hope this helps
Steph:)

dormouse
21-02-2006, 15:55
Hi,
I had Implanon removed after 2 years. I had it removed about 6 months before we planned in TTC & I concieved straight away.

I want to get another put in now, but my hubby said that I was a really moody cow :( when I had it so he doesn't want me to!

pegasus
21-02-2006, 15:58
I had my Implanon for 18months. We conceived on the second cycle after having it removed. I thought I'd just get another when this bub is born (as I thought it was brilliant), but there's been so many posts about problems people have had that I got scared and wondered about an IUD. Think I will go there again, as I was obviously one it worked well for.:D

Seekrit
21-02-2006, 16:05
not the same scenerio, but I had implanon removed after 3 years of use, I didn't get pregnant before my next period (weren't trying, weren't preventing) went on the pill for a year and got preggie first try after that.

sshellzp
21-02-2006, 16:15
howdy, I had implanon in for about 2 year, had it taken out last july and 2 weeks later I was preg :)

~J'dore~
22-02-2006, 08:08
thanks everyone, that's reassuring to hear that it all does return to normal.:smiliedance:

Good luck to all of you that are pregnant:)

Mum2Be&NurSE
24-02-2006, 21:45
Hello everyone,
I am new to and I just want to introduce myself. I am 20 years old and in my last year of university and finishing my bachelors of nursing. I am currently using implanon and when I got it inserted last January, I had bleeding for eight full months non-stop! Before that I was using the pill and I was a different person on the pill... very moody and always angry! In addition, I got pregnant on the pill in September 2004 but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was devisatated. I was placed with the implant to avoid anymore unplanned pregnancies. So in addition to the implanon the doctor had put me on the pill to stop the bleeding. I was a big ball of angry emotions. So I stopped taking the pill in addition to the implanon and now I have regular periods only they are much shorter and less heavy. I am still very emotional. However, if you want the assurance of not having a 'whoopsy'.. I suggest implanon. My partner and I plan to have it removed in August so we can try to conceive.

munsket
27-02-2006, 11:25
Hi,
I had Implanon in for almost 3 years and had it removed in the July of 2004. We weren't trying to fall pregnant but certainly weren't preventing it from happening either. I fell pregnant mid September.

Implanon was a god send for me. I can't take the pill (nasty side effects - numbness, trouble seeing, scary...) so implanon was the answer. I also have PCOS. The implanon stopped af & thus the hormone feeding frenzy to the PCOS. I didn't see af the whole time it was in which I thought was fabulous. My DH reckons it improved my outlook on life as well. My af is pretty horrid with serious ovulation pain in between each cycle so I loved Implanon but it's not for everyone.

Trying to get pregnant now & have my babies close together so I can get another Implanon & no more af - at least until it has to be changed.

Kay
;)

Melmo
27-02-2006, 11:33
I had Implanon for 3 years and then had a second implant for another 9 months before having it removed to try getting pregnant. I had the implant removed in July 05, had a period in August 05 and was pregnant by September. My partner would also have liked to have to try for longer I think!! :laughing: (Oh, and I only have one tube because I had the right one removed with a cyst the year before)!

I can't tell you if it changed my fertility because I wasn't checking it at all, but the Implanon certainly had no affect on my ability to conceive.:D

I know Implanon is not for everyone, but I'm one of the ones that it works exceptionally well for (no periods and no mood swings). I'll be having another one ASAP after baby is born in June!

Best of luck trying to conceive!

Melmo

Veritas
27-02-2006, 11:35
Hi Denise....

I had implanon removed in April last year after about 6mths of irregular and constant bleeding.... was spewing it didn't work for me......

My ex and I def weren't trying for a bub, but I fell pregnant november last yr, due end of July, and I was on the pill at the time.....

Hang in there.....

LittleBoysRock
27-02-2006, 12:26
Implanon was a god send for me. I can't take the pill (nasty side effects - numbness, trouble seeing, scary...) so implanon was the answer. I also have PCOS.
;)

Just wondering, I have an implant and have been having the side effects mentinoed above. Does anybody know if Implanon can cause this as well as the pill??

I am considering having mine removed as I keep spotting and having numbness in my arm. And have noticed my vision being blurred.

I am not ready for another bub as DS is only 7 months but also have PCOS so I can't take the pill.

Please help if you know anything about these symptoms.

Thanks!

munsket
27-02-2006, 17:17
Hi Monyfelix,
As soon as I read your post I grabbed my Implanon information booklet my Gyno gave me.
It says:
Consult your dr promptly if any of the following happen:
1) if you suddenly lose vision, partially or completely, or if you see double
2) if one side of part of your body suddenly becomes very weak or numb
these two symptoms may be signs of a blood clot
- don't freak just what the book says...

Also it says symptoms such as stomach aches, vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness, fainting, abnormal speech, pain in your calves, breathlessness, severe chest pain and unusual, severe or prolonged headaches require prompt medical attention.

For me, the pill apparently created a clot type affect in that the some of the vessels in my brain clamped down leaving me with massive migraines, numbness down the left side and I couldn't see for short periods of time. Very scary for me at only 14 years old but I stopped the pill and it's never come back. The dr said some ppl can't handle certain synthetic hormones & he also said glad I got onto it quick or I could've had a stroke.
So please, go see your GP straight away or your gyno or whoever put it in for you.
I'll send you a pm.
Kay

dannii
27-02-2006, 17:20
i had implanon for 2.5 years and it took me my 3rd cycle to conceive.

LittleBoysRock
27-02-2006, 19:16
Thanks so much Munsket!

I am having mine removed tomorrow. I am so glad you told me!! I am scared of having it removed but at the same time really angry that I wasnt warned that this could happen!

What if I had had a stroke!! I am NEVER going to reccomend implanon to anybody, it has been nothing but problems for me.

Keep your fingers :fingerscrossed: for me tomorrow. :)

munsket
27-02-2006, 22:45
That's ok Monyfelix. I'm just glad I had the book handy still as it's been a little while since my gyno gave it to me (close to 4 years). I can't believe the dr that told u about it or inserted it didn't give you all the info especially about side effects! I am glad you have come to a decision though that suits you.

I found Implanon fantastic for my situation but talking to friends and ppl I meet it doesn't seem to suit everyone & lots of girls have trouble with it. Of course, with my trusty booklet I could make an informed decision that suited my needs.

When I had mine removed it was very similar to having it put in. Local anaesthetic, a couple of tiny stitches & a tender arm &/or bruise for a couple of days & it's all over. Tiny little scar, but not much bother.

Good luck for tomorrow but I'm sure you'll breeze through! My husband reckons I should clean out my drawers more often but this proves my theory that one day I might need something in there. You never know.....
Kay :thumbsup:

proud_mama
27-02-2006, 23:05
Hi,

I had an implanon for 18 months. and unfortunatly it caused havoc with my body ie. depression. and so i had to have it removed. but at that same time my DF and i decided we wanted ttc. It took 8 months to finally have a miricale and after that point u start to wonder if its ur fault.

fgough
01-02-2010, 10:03
Hey there....I have been on implanon twice in the last 9 years and its always been great....I last concieved 9 years ago and as of tommorow I am getting it removed as I want TTC...I am very interested in how long it will take for me to fall pregnant as I have always found it has come easy for me to fall pregnant...LOL... I am posting this now and I will keep you posted on how long it takes and will include all menstraul cycles to help other people going through the same thing....good luck to all who are trying..

Fiona:wave: