View Full Version : Help me organise the best dam baby shower EVER!!
Okay well my friend is due on 24th of Jan.. This is her second child her first is 5 so it has been a while and because she was in a very bad realationship when pregnant with her first she never had a baby shower and she is such an amazing girl who has been through so much so I want to throw her a very memorable one :yes:
Any ideas please throw my way!! I am your sponge:D
Oh and she is having a boy:thumbsup:
Game - Guess how many peices of toilet paper fit my belly?
How many jelly beans in the bottle/jar?
Put some items on a tray with a cover unvale for 30 sec no one can write in that time, then cover and ask the, to write them down
Maybe some calming music cds in the background.
Hope that helps
Ok here goes...
Does she know the sex of the baby? If so, you can decorate according to that colour...
My party had a pink theme, so pink cupcakes, pink m&ms, pink marshmellows, pink cups and plates, pink napkins etc you get the drift....
For food, just some nibblies is good. We just made up some sandwiches and cut them in fours and then mum just put some stuff like ricotta and spinach triangle things in the oven. We had soo much food left over bc everyone just mingled and didnt eat much.
Also had decorations in the colour, so pink balloons and a few bunches of carnations in pink and white.
If she doesnt know the sex yet, you can go unisex with the decorations. Green and purple is always good as is yellow.
Some games are fun to play....
A friend of mine had a nappy throwing competition. Everyone went out in the backyard and had a sposie filled with water to weigh it down and then had to throw as far as they could. Winner got a small prize.
I had a few games at mine. If you google baby showers there are some great sites with printable games. Thats where I got all my help from.
I had an alphabet game. Basically a piece of paper with the alphabet on one side and everyone got a page and had 2 minutes to write down something baby related to do with each letter. It got really hard when it got to X and Z. :laughing: Again, winner got a small prize.
Also I had a statistics guessing game. Everyone got a small piece of cardboard and had to write down if they thought bubs would be a girl/boy, weight, height, head circ, time and date of delivery. It was good to look back on and see who got the closest.
Oh and I had a nice little book. Before everyone left, they were asked to write in this book and put in a piece of advice for me. Didnt have to be baby related. There were some nice things like take time out for yourself, dont forget to shave your legs haha
One last thing, if i havent bored you enough....I bought a whole heap of cheap white singlets and some fabric paint and decorations and everyone got to decorate a singlet. It was judged by my mum and the winner got a prize again lol. We had some kids there so it was a good thing to keep them entertained. Here (http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/Lollie1986/008-1.jpg)is a pic of them displayed on my dds room (before she moved into mine). Here (http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/Lollie1986/019-1.jpg) is a close up.
I went out and bought some little favours for everyone. Luckily for me we have a Body Shop factory outlet and was able to pick up pretty bath salts for less than $2 each. I tied a pretty ribbon on them and gave them out as a thank you.
Make sure someone is there to take photos. I didnt have anyone so the photos are all muddled up when people would just grab the camera and take photos of cr@p (cr@p).
Ok enough from me....cant sleep so im :ecomcity: too much :laughing:
Wow there some great ideas love the one with the singlets! She is having a boy so gradually I will just keep picking up little things that are blue and stuff I got just under 2 months to organise. Thanks for that :D
Those singlets look so funky!!
Just a few ideas...
- Serve drinks out of baby bottles with straws
- Baby name bingo cards
- Buy or make a book and have the guests leave a message of support, advice, well wishes or quotes for the mother to be.
- Pin the baby on the pregnant belly
- Photos Photos Photos!!!
Hope you all have a blast!
The drinks out of baby bottles is a good and different idea! You could buy some cheap off Ebay! :)
I organised my own shower (im miss organisation :D ) and this is what I did....
* Had 'guess the M&Ms' in the baby bottle (prize was bottle of M&Ms!)
*Peg Game - everyone got a peg when they came and were not allowed to say the word 'baby'. if you caught someone out you got their peg. - I thought this was a bit tacky but it was actually fun and kept conversations going and people who didnt really know each other an excuse to socialise.
* Guess the Baby's Name (no prize and people wont find out if anyone was right until after the birth as we are not telling anyone but was still fun to do)
* Guess the birth date (again no prize but still interesting to see in hindsight)
* Guess the size of my belly - had some pink wool and people had to cut off a bit as long as they thought would just fit around me.
* I put together a 'Quiz' of general questions and 'fill the gaps' type questions relating to babies and mothers... I also made up a crossword personalised to us, I found a web site to do this: http://www.betterpuzzlemaker.com/ - this was the web site but this link wasnt the section I went to and did it in.. perhaps they have changed it..?)
Prizes for the games were either little packages of chocolates or candles (holders and tealight candles).
I put on snacks (had it from 2pm onwards) and drinks. Had a cake made up for the occasion.
* I also organised 2 massage people to come over and give short seated massages to each guest... The staff bring in their own special chairs and give head/shoulder/back massages (over clothes). Cost a bit though... cost me $200 for 2 staff for 1.5 hrs each (total of 3hrs worth of massaging) and because of the number of people I had coming it meant we only got about 8 minutes each, but was still nice.
I had the decorate singlets/bodysuits too :thumbsup: Some of them are hillarious and the ones done by the little kids are soooo cute to. They did hand prints etc.
We had a pillow case filled with baby items and you had to stick your hand in and had 60sec to feel and guess what was in there.
My mum and MIL had to each write down 5 funny things DH and I did when we were little and the guests had to guess it it was me or him. This was lots of fun. Some people were horrified at some of the stuff we got up too :laughing:
We had a match the celebs to their baby names comp.
And good ol' baby shower present bingo!!
Everyone had a great day and I cleaned up present - wise :yes: :laughing:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.