PDA

View Full Version : ******cm Help Thread ******

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
16-08-2007, 08:32
Ok well I get heaps of questions about people CM before during and after Ovlutaion so I though it was time we had a thread we could dedicate to answering any question any one has about there CM.....

So fire away girls I am here and ready to help the best i can and if anyone else has an answer to please feel free to jump in and help anytime !!!

Sub Rosa
16-08-2007, 09:04
Hi Kristi! I'm going to be the first to take you up on your offer! :smiliedance:

Well, last week around thursday i should've been ovulating. I'm not temping and don't have much CM to speak of, so I'm just basing that on my cycle length - thursday was day 16 out of a 30 day cycle.

So now, I'm in the dreaded 2WW. On Monday (day 19) i got a huge glob of cloudy white CM, not at all "stretchy", actually it reminded me a bit of thrush. Eeewww!

DH and I BD (you have to cover your bases, I know...) but now I'm wondering if it could be an early sign that we got the eggy? Wishful thinking, i know! What do you think?

hp-mum
16-08-2007, 11:09
Hi Kristi - you little CM expert you! :)

I have a little question - I always seem to get EWCM the week leading up to Bruce - eventhough I have already ovulated around CD15 (29 day cycles). Is that normal?

Also, after O and EWCM days - I seem to get CM that is kinda 'claggy' it's clear but it seems to stick together in a clump - does anyone get that?

Ok - so maybe it was 2 little questions! :laughing:

Baldie's Mum
16-08-2007, 11:14
I get the claggy stuff. Like it is all sticky on my undies.....:barf: sorry!

fludo
16-08-2007, 11:44
I get the claggy stuff too, but just a wipe.

Baldie's Mum
16-08-2007, 11:46
Yeah its not so much that its just everywhere...but yes it is quite :barf: !!!

hp-mum
16-08-2007, 14:22
Yeah, it reminds me of the glue that they use when they stick something into a magazine to make it easy to pull off ... iykwim! :p

JumpingBean
16-08-2007, 14:28
:yelclap: Yeah kristi for this thread.

Can you put your info up about CM that you usually put in the TTC threads. Like what's it like at what stage of your cycle please?

Thanks!

blessedmummy
16-08-2007, 14:41
cool thread! I can use all this info for future reference....cool!! all i know is that when ya cm is egg white you are ovulating, so, after that its usually clear and claggy as you said...like that glue on a mag...:o im on pill atm.... so...anyhow.. :o

Baldie's Mum
16-08-2007, 14:45
Watch for changes in Cervical Mucus You can detect ovulation by watching for changes in your cervical mucus. Your cervical mucus increases in volume and changes texture as your monthly cycle progresses. At the beginning of the menstrual cycle, the mucus is sparse, cloudy, tacky and dense, and when you ovulate this fluid becomes more plentiful, clear and slippery. The consistency of fluid when you are ovulating is described as being the consistency of raw egg white.
Fertile signs

Cervical mucus: this is a reliable way to know when you are fertile. The secretions become slippery, elastic, and egg white in character.
Cervix: By feeling the cervix at the same time each day you can tell when you are fertile. When it is high, soft, and open, this is your fertile time.
Basal Body Temperature: Don't become obsessive about this. Pregesterone causes a rise in temperature of about 0.2 degrees celcius immediately after ovulation. This should remain high until menses begin. Other conditions cause raises in temperature; infections, stress, medication, drinking alcohol, of lack of sleep. A temperature that is consistantly below 36 degrees celcius during the follicular phase may indicate an underactive thyroid (lethargy, weight gain, sensitivity to cold). A high temperature before ovulation may indicate an overactive thyroid. If your temperature does not change throughout, it may point to a luteal phase defect, or that you may not be ovulating.
LH surge: This takes place just before the egg is released. Some women ovulate immediately after the surge. Do not wait to have intercourse. These are kits that come with sticks you urinate on daily.
Sex Drive: This is a simple and wonderful indicator of your fertile time. When you want it, go get it!

hopefully that helps!

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
16-08-2007, 18:46
Oh I am sooo excited so many questions and responses already..great work ladies keep it up !!!

Ok firstly Cindye... that could deffinately be a good sign..it could be the starting of the forming of the mucus plug..generally as a rule after O most cm should dry up cause of the progesterone surge which occurs after O..then cm normmaly returns a few day before af begins.

HP..ewcm after O at pre AF time is very common, very confusing but very common, it can be caused by the drop in progesterone at the on set of mensus.

Kell this is what you asked for.....

In the most common pattern, cervical fluid starts out dry after your period and then gets sticky, then creamy, then wet and watery, becoming most like eggwhite as you get closer to ovulation. Usually it dries up quickly after ovulation. You may get different types of cervical fluid on the same day.

Ains..clomid will be the cause of your some times funky cm :laughing: !!! Unfortunately it can dry you up or make your cm at tad hostile... lots of green tea will help you too to make your hostile cm friendly for the swimmers !!!

JumpingBean
16-08-2007, 20:09
Thanks Kristi for that!:thumbsup:

fludo
16-08-2007, 20:45
OMG!!!! I just wiped and got lots of creamy CM, not stretchy at all! I'm CD27, almost 9DPO! :smiliedance: I don't think I've had anything like that at this time before.....but then, I then I always think that about my "symptoms".....oooohhh, I hope this is it!!!! :fingerscrossed:

BoyCrazy
16-08-2007, 21:13
YAY Kristi!!!:smiliedance: :smiliedance:
Such a good thread! and hello all lovely ladies from the august thread lol!!
Im cd 21 out of 28 day cycle and got a bit of creamy stuff now, but also got pelvic and ab pains, nausea that went by lunch and feeling tired...boobs dont feel any diff, but i am still bfing ds.
Due to have af on the 23rd, so wait til then :hair: lol
Mel

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
18-08-2007, 11:51
This method involves looking at the discharge or cervical mucus during your monthly cycle. During different stages of your cycle, your CM will change in various ways.
How do you get the CM?
The CM can be retrieved by inserting a finger (index) into the vagina and bringing out the CM. Some women do have luck with simply using tissue (wiping) or just inserting their finger. The majority of women will have better results if they circle around the cervix or as deep as possible, and hook their finger while bringing the CM out. This will allow you to gather as much of the CM as possible. If you just insert your finger, you may only gather the wetness of the actual CM.
How do I test the CM for stretchability?
After you retrieve the CM, put your index (with CM) against your thumb and separate the fingers slowly. If you notice the CM just globbing to one finger, you are not ovulating. If the CM is very stretchable and clear, you are probably near or at your ovulation phase.
What does the CM look like when you are ovulating?
The CM (Cervical Mucus) will appear clear, slippery, and be very stretchable. It should resemble a raw egg white. This CM will usually stretch 1 to 2 inches between your fingers before globbing to one finger.
CM Stages: (Sample of a regular 28 day cycle)

Day(s) of Cycle:
CM Characteristics:
Days 1-5
Bleeding (normal period)
Days 6-8
Dry days (no CM)
Days 9 & 10
Cloudy, thick and little or no stretchability.
Day 11
Not as cloudy, thinner and more stretchability, but it still globs.
Day 12
Clearer, wetter and stretches more than previous day.
Day 13
Clear, slippery and has the consistency of a raw egg white. Stretches a lot before clinging to one finger.
Day 14
Still clear and slippery and very stretchable.
Day 15
Cloudy, thick and little or no stretchability.

How Long will I Ovulate?
As you can see, the CM changes back to cloudy after ovulation has occurred. Some women may ovulate one to two days (CM very clear, slippery and stretchable). Other women may only ovulate a few hours in one day. These women may have problems conceiving due to the short amount of ovulation time. The CM in a woman that only ovulates a couple of hours may be clear, slippery and very stretchable in the morning or night and then change to cloudy a couple of hours later. If you are experiencing CM that only lasts a couple of hours, you may be able to conceive if you have intercourse during the "peak" hours of your ovulation phase.
What if there is no CM or it does not change?
If you are not able to retrieve or see any CM, you may not be inserting your finger deep enough, not ovulating, on a medication that changes the vaginal environment (dry), or you may be over 35.
You should first try to insert your finger deeper into the vagina to extract CM. If this does not work, you may have to use another method to try and conceive. You may consider BBT (basal body) temperature method, tes tape, or ovulation predictor kits.
You should ask your doctor about medication(s) you are on and how they may affect vaginal secretions. If possible get off of the medication before trying to conceive or change medications. You may find that another medication will not affect the vaginal environment.
If you are near the age of 35, the vaginal environment tends to become dry and with the appearance of no CM. You should try using another method to conceive. You may consider BBT (basal body) temperature method, tes tape, or ovulation predictor kits.
If the CM is not changing during your cycle, you may need to gather more of it, look closely at small changes, and check more often. The CM method does not work for all women. You may need to change to another method to help conceive. You may consider BBT (basal body) temperature method, tes tape, or ovulation predictor kits.

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
18-08-2007, 11:55
The effects of hostile CM and getting Pregnant

If you are trying to conceive a child, there are certain factors that might be worth looking into prior to attempting to get pregnant. By having the knowledge about certain conception issues, you will be better prepared for the phase of conception. One topic which is a concern for some women is the presence of hostile cervical mucus. By reading the following information, you will be able to learn more about what this condition is and how you can prevent it from occurring.

Defining Hostile Cervical Mucus
Prior to defining hostile cervical mucus, it is a good idea to describe what cervical mucus consists of and why this is important in the conception phase of pregnancy (http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/). Cervical mucus is fluid that is secreted from the cervix. This fluid is important in the conception phase as it helps the sperm reach the eggs for fertilization. Hostile cervical mucus exists when the mucus is of such a nature that it impedes the natural progression of the sperm within the cervical canal. Various forms of hostile cervical mucus may include mucus that is too sticky or too thick thereby preventing the sperm from flowing freely throughout the cervix. This can be caused by a number of factors and some examples may include poor estrogen stimulation or perhaps an infection which causes the cervical glands to operate improperly.
Preventing Hostile Cervical Mucus
Now that you know what hostile cervical mucus is, it is important to look into ways that you can help to prevent hostile cervical mucus from occurring within your body. There are a number of often-cited ways in which women can prevent hostile cervical mucus within their body and promote cervical mucus which is of good quantity as well as quality. One thing that you can use to prevent hostile cervical mucus is Evening Primrose Oil. This oil helps promote good cervical mucus and should be taken only on the days between menstruation and ovulation. A dose anywhere between 1500 mg to 3000 mg per day can be taken and you should consult with a health care professional if you are unsure which dosage suits you best.
Another often cited way to prevent hostile cervical mucus and thin out the mucus should this be an issue is to take Robitussin for approximately five days prior to ovulation including the day of ovulation. Although there is no scientific proof that this is so, many women who have had to deal with hostile cervical mucus in the past were quite adamant about its healing factors.
Summary
If you are trying to get pregnant, asking your health care professional about hostile cervical mucus might be a good idea if you have encountered difficulty with the conceiving process. Although it does occur in women from time to time, it is beneficial to know that hostile cervical mucus is something which can be prevented and treated to produce a more accommodating environment within the cervix.

StarMummy
18-08-2007, 13:24
Hey Kristi,

i am on 9dpo and my cm changes a bit - can be white or more clear with a tinge of yellow and is ctrctechy but not as stretcy as ewcm.....and ideas on what it could be?

2BlueBirds
18-08-2007, 13:29
OMG!!!! I just wiped and got lots of creamy CM, not stretchy at all! I'm CD27, almost 9DPO! :smiliedance: I don't think I've had anything like that at this time before.....but then, I then I always think that about my "symptoms".....oooohhh, I hope this is it!!!! :fingerscrossed:

I got that also today, but im only 5 dpo. Could it be due to the clomid i was on? I didnt get it the last time i fell preg (then m/c) - maybe that is why i didnt get it (that cm), cause the body knew it wasnt right???
Kristi - congratulations on your BFP!!!
What do you think of mine and fludos cm...LOL!

Bellas_mummy
18-08-2007, 14:33
Kristi,

i am 5 dpo and i havent dried up. My CM is slippery and wet??? Is this bad??

Thanks for the help, great idea to have this thread.

Cheers

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
19-08-2007, 08:03
Good Morning ladies... sorry it's taking me a little while to reply but this flu has really knocked me for a 6 !!!

Fludo and Singa and TTCin2007... Singa thank you for the Congrats, your such a sweety (((HUGS)))...ok now to you CM question..what you have desciribed is a combination of exactly what I had this cycle when I got my BFP...I normall am quiet dry after O but not this time..my cm just seem to keep increasing and was very creamy and slippery..I even notice when I checked internally it came out in globs at times...I had time when it was a little stretchy but mainy not stretchy at all.

The trouble with cm is everyone is soooooo different and there is no one patteren that everyone follows when they are UTD.

My best advice is to monitor and keep doing it all through your cycle, and note when things happen that are not normal for you.

I had an little idea that maybe I was PG this time whole ans soley by by cm cause it was soooo different to any other month.

Pregnancy Symptoms
Early Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
Following implantation of the egg, however, the body undergoes many changes, and the levels of fertility hormones like progesterone increase drastically. Pregnancy symptoms typically do not appear until 1-2 weeks after you miss your period - and fetal movement is not typically detected until 16 weeks post-conception. Earliest symptoms include:

Implantation bleeding after ovulation.

An elevated basal temperature following ovulation, luteal phase (and beyond...)

A missed menstrual period is a big one!

Even before your missed period, test for pregnancy with early-detection pregnancy tests!

The First Trimester: Week 1 - Week 12
Some common symptoms by trimester include, lower abdominal cramps, atypical food cravings, nausea or "Morning Sickness" at 3-10 weeks after conception, tender, swollen breasts at 3-4 weeks after conception (also, your nipples and the area around the nipples get larger/darker), fatigue and tiredness at 3-10 weeks after conception, and you may have heartburn and constipation - along with headaches and mood swings. Not everyone will experience these symptoms and intensity and duration will vary! Here are the top ten symptoms in detail.
1. Missed ed Period?
The classic early symptom of pregnancy. If you've missed your period, it's probably time to take a home pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests work by determining the amount of hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) present in your urine. Remember - your first urine of the day tends to have the most concentrated amount of hCG. Early morning urine will give you your best chance at detecting the small concentrations of hCG that are present in the early days of pregnancy.
2. Morning Sickness
About one-half of all pregnant women experience some form of morning sickness (nausea, vomiting, etc.) in early pregnancy.
3.Sore Breasts and Changes in Areola.
Breasts may feel more sensitive. This is one more sign that you may be pregnant. Breast sensitivity is a common phenomenon in early pregnancy. Along with more sensitive breasts, you may notice a slight darkening of the areola, the concentric zone which surrounds the nipple.
4. Mucus Plug / Cervical Mucus Discharge
In early pregnancy, cervical mucous will form a mucous plug, a barrier that helps protect the baby. As a result, you may notice a bit of vaginal discharge.
5. Frequent Urination
As the baby grows larger in your uterus, you will likely feel that you need to urinate more often. Also, bloating may be experienced as well.
6. Headaches
Besides morning sickness, you may experience headaches as well, due to hormonal changes.
7. Implantation Bleeding
Around the time when implantation occurs (the moment when the embryo attaches to the lining of the uterine wall), it's not uncommon to notice a bit of spotting. You would look for this sign at around eight to ten days after you last ovulated. Spotting as a result of implantation usually looks a bit different than your regular period; it tends to be light in volume and pinkish in color, as opposed to the deep red color associated with regular menstrual bleeding.
8. Elevated Basal Temperature
An elevated basal body temperature past the time when your period is due is another possible indicator of pregnancy. Women who are fertility charting with our basal thermometer (http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/bbt-thermometers.html) will be looking for this.
9. Constipation
Another sign of pregnancy is constipation. This is caused by certain hormones which are present in early pregnancy relaxing your intestines and slowing the digestive process.
10. From Enhanced Smell to Complexion Problems
These above pregnancy signs are ones often experienced in early pregnancy - but that's not to say there aren't others, including an enhanced sense of smell, fatigue, hunger, weepiness, heartburn, complexion problems.

2BlueBirds
19-08-2007, 11:42
Kristi: OMG do you have the flu also? So do I. I have been ill since thur night.
I have been worried cause my temps have been high and the doc said try not to take too much panadol cause a high temp is needed to fight the bugs...Scary thing is, i asked her if this may affect me conceiving cause i was 5dpo at the time and she said YES :gloomy:
I looked in my preg book and it said it may be dangerous having a high temp of 37.8+ for more than 2 days if 3-7 weeks pregnant. So try to bring your temp down with light clothing and cool sponge downs and showers...
GET WELL SOON AND THANKS FOR THE CM ADVICE :hugs:

Bellas_mummy
19-08-2007, 12:02
Kristi - your a gem sweetie. Thanks for all the advice. I hope so much that all of us get our :bfp: and join you in your journey. I hope you had a great time with your mum and step dad and that you are feeling better from the cold and not missing DH tooo much (if that is possible). Big :hugs:

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
19-08-2007, 12:26
Singa and TTCin2007....:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Thank you both so much..you are so sweet to be thinking of me like that xoxoxoxo

I hope to see you both with BFP's really soon and anything I can do to help is my pleasure !!!

Tasha83
19-08-2007, 22:01
:wave: everyone,

I just had a CM question to ask, Im not sure if its been asked yet.. im so sorry if it has.. Im just being abit lazy going back through the posts..

So when you get your EWCM, and when it finishes does that usually mean that "o" happened on the last day of EWCM? or does it happen during EWCM.. ive looked up info and I get conficting answers. Some say yes and no.. meaning we all probably "o" at different times during EWCM...

also- when your EWCM finishes does that then mean your in the luteal phase- and 14 days from it finishing you will get your period as its always 14 days the luteal phase??? Ive been trying to look that up too.

AND just to add... I have read about having EWCM usually for 3 days or so but I had it for 1 week.. anyone else had that too??

Okies, sorry for all that! Hoping some one can clarify!!:D

Thanks a big big bunch!!!

Tasha xoxoxoxo

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
20-08-2007, 07:13
Hey Tasha...

I personally only get ewcm for 2-3 days and for me O normally happens on the 2nd day of EWCM..having EWCM for a week mean your cm is highly fertile so you have a better chance than most at catching the egg but pin pointing where in that week O actually happens you will need to either use OPK's or temp or both.

As for your question about 14 lutreal phase that is the average yes but it can vary..I found this info for you.....

How do I know if my luteal phase is long enough?
The normal luteal phase length is from 10 to 16 days. If you notice over a few cycles (with clear ovulation patterns on your charts and accurate data collection methods) that your luteal phase is less than 10 days, then this is something to mention to your doctor who will be able to help you. If you have several cycles with well-timed intercourse during your fertile period, and a luteal phase on the short side of normal (10 or 11 days) then you may also consider bringing this up with your doctor who will be able to help you determine whether or not this could be an issue for you.

Hope this helps you out a little xoxoxo

Tasha83
20-08-2007, 08:03
:wave: Kristi,

Thank you very much for your help.. I super appreciate it!! as I know your feeling unwell too, you didnt have to reply straight away but I thank you for your help!!

Now go put your feet up and have a break and recover from that flu!( AND to grow wee bubs!!! YAY!) That flu is not very nice at all so Ill send you some get better dust!:babydust2: :babydust2: hehe

Get well soon!!! :hugs:

THANK YOU THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Tasha XOXO

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
20-08-2007, 09:08
I am never too sick nor too busy to help you out when I can Tasha....((((((HUGS)))))..Thank you you are such a sweet person xoxoxoxoxox

hp-mum
20-08-2007, 10:58
Hey Kristi - hope you're feeling better hun :hugs:.

Another question - I know you said earlier that it is quite common to get another build up of EWCM in the onset of AF. So, does that mean if you get it you're not PG?

I noticed on Sunday morning I had HEAPS - more than usual and AF is due Friday. I also had some white creamer stuff later in the day. :detective:

fludo
20-08-2007, 11:18
Hey Tasha - Last cycle I had EWCM for a whole week too. AF always comes for me 14 days after last day of EWCM and Fertility Friend marked my last day of EWCM as my O day (combined with my temp changes). They say EWCM usually dries up really quickly after you O.

HP - I had some watery stuff this morning - I had that last time before AF too :no:

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
20-08-2007, 11:20
HP I had exactly what you described the this cycle..ewcm mixed with creamy stuff from about 9DPO and I got my BFP !!!!! ohhhhh how exciting..it was so not normal for me either !!!!!!

2BlueBirds
20-08-2007, 12:10
Ladies, this is going to be TMI, but i have to say it......
I am 7 dpo and the last couple of mornings I have been more wet down there, in the um.....
bed room IYKWIM...Dh commented the last couple of mornings and this morning i checked and it was creamy (like milk...LOL) NOT stringy at all. I had to check with my finger (TMI) cause its hard to see on the toilet paper.
I THINK i am normally quite dry at this time - esp with no arousal...:eek: :laughing:

hp-mum
20-08-2007, 15:35
Singa - that's really similar to what I've been getting this cycle too! Oh I hope we get BFPs! :fingerscrossed:

2BlueBirds
20-08-2007, 16:39
Singa - that's really similar to what I've been getting this cycle too! Oh I hope we get BFPs! :fingerscrossed:

So do I!
The only reason i am in doubt is cause last month (when i had the m/c) my cm wasnt like this and also I had constipation around this time (now i dont).
I know that every pregnancy is different, so we'll just have to see...
GOOG LUCK

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
21-08-2007, 14:37
CM and Temping info.....

Why do I have several patches of fertile cervical fluid?
Several patches of eggwhite fluid with no clear thermal shift may mean that you are having an anovulatory cycle or delayed ovulation. You can have "fertile-like" cervical fluid and still not ovulate. If you have several cycles that show this pattern without an associated thermal shift, you should ask your doctor to help determine whether or not you are ovulating.
If you have several patches of eggwhite cervical fluid and a temperature rise, then your ovulation was probably delayed due to some external reason. As long as ovulation is not already clearly indicated, you should still have intercourse at least every other day when you see eggwhite cervical fluid to make sure not to miss an opportunity.

hp-mum
22-08-2007, 09:20
Mods, can we please have this thread stay on the first page?

Thanks! :D

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
22-08-2007, 09:34
Oh please oh please Miss Mod's can we please make this thread a sticky one !!!! :yelclap:

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
22-08-2007, 09:36
Cervical Mucus - How it Relates to Your Fertility Cycle

Cervical mucus changes are monitored for determining when ovulation (http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/what-is-ovulation.html) occurs through the cervical mucus monitoring test. As your cycle progresses, your cervical mucus increases in volume and changes texture. The changes in the mucus that is secreted from the cervix reflect where you are in your cycle. The consistency of your cervical mucus changes during the cycle due to hormonal fluctuations. You are considered most fertile when the mucus becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy. Many women compare mucus at this stage to raw egg whites.
Before collecting a sample, be sure to wash your hands first in order to prevent the transmission of germs.
The most common ways of collecting a cervical mucus sample are:

Inserting your finger into your vagina and collecting some mucus.
Using toilet paper and wiping the entrance of your vagina and analyzing the mucus collected that way.
The most accurate way to collect your cervical mucus is to insert your finger into your vagina and circle your finger around your cervix or as close as you can to the cervix. This will allow you to actually collect the cervical mucus instead of just it's wetness.
Monitoring the changes in cervical mucus is the only method that will not require looking back to the past few cycles for analysis, and also provide reliable results that you can trust when trying to conceive. You can do this yourself by getting a sample of your cervical secretions and stretch it between 2 of your fingers (the thumb and index finger) to test for the consistency. Examining the changes in your cervical mucus can help you pinpoint your time of ovulation and increase your chances of pregnancy.
Before Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
The first few days following menstruation, there will be little or no discharge present. You will feel dryness around your vulva. During this time, chances of getting pregnant are low.
Approaching Ovulation (chance of pregnancy):
The first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. In the finger test, the mucus should break easily. You will only be able to pull your fingers about 1 cm apart before it breaks. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy during the finger test (this means that it will still break before the fingers are stretched all the way). As time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume.
Right around ovulation (high chance of pregnancy):
At this stage, mucus resembles egg whites. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. Finger testing will allow the mucus to stretch quite a ways (several centimeters) before it breaks (if it breaks at all). ) The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your 'mucus peak'. This is the last day of this period where the chance of conception is high. It is closely tied to ovulation. During this phase, the sperm's survival rate is higher. It can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle.
After Ovulation (low chance of pregnancy):
After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage (does not stretch during finger test) and there is again a feeling of dryness around the vulva.
One caution for this test is that sperm can be confused with the mucus secretions and you could make wrong assumptions. Also, vaginal infections, medication, and birth control can alter conditions and should be taken into consideration when examining any vaginal secretions.
If you are interested in charting your cervical mucus to try and pinpoint your time of ovulation, you can download our free cervical mucus charts. You can download a blank CM chart in two different formats: PDF (http://www.babyhopes.com/download/cm-chart.pdf) or Excel Spreadsheet
There are several cases where you may not be able to collect an adequate sample of cervical mucus. Medications, being over 35, & not ovulating can have a dramatic effect on your body's ability to produce the fertile cervical mucus. If you are not able to determine your time of ovulation, you may have to use another ovulation prediction method, such as basal body temperature (http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/basal-body-temperature-charting.html) ( BBT ) charting or using ovulation tests (http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-predictor-kit.html).

HouseOfBlues
22-08-2007, 13:59
This thread is great! Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

Can you get EWCM on day 10 and 11 of cycle?
Can you ovulate only 3 days after AF has finished?
I had a tiny bit of EWCM on day 10 and 11, then creamy/sticky on day 13.
How much EWCM are you suppose to get?

JumpingBean
22-08-2007, 14:11
I have a question...

I seem to have more CM this cycle. I'm due for AF friday and have creamy cm at the mo. Last cycle it dried up after O and disspeared pretty much until after AF came.
Anyone knows what this means for this cycle???

Kristi ... CM guru????m helllppppp meeeee!

Bellas_mummy
22-08-2007, 15:00
Kell that sounds good to me and i have the same thing at the moment :fingerscrossed:

JumpingBean
22-08-2007, 15:02
Yeah, I thought it was a good sign. But I have NO other symptoms, so unsure.
Does CM stay at the end of your cycle or does it go?

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
22-08-2007, 16:03
Double Trouble....you can Ovulate as early as day 8 in youre cycle so getting EWCM on day 10 and 11 could well mean you have already O'd or you could have just had whats called an "early surge" which means you may notice a second patch of fertile cm a few days later and this is normally when O really occurs. Can you tell me how long your cycle normally are ? and do you know how long your Luteal Phase Normally is ? (this is the number of days from when you o to when you start af again)...Oing on CD 10-11 is very normal especially if you have slightly shorter cycles.

Kell...for me this was one of my indications I was UTD this month !!!! I too normally just dry up after O but I noticed I didnt this time it became more abundant and even when slightly ewcm like again...:fingerscrossed: ...That this is the same for you..is ok to have no symptoms other than increased cm..alot of ladies dont start getting any other symptoms till they are in there 6-7 week and already well aware they are pregnant !!!

TTCin2007... ((((((HUGS)))))..good luck to you to sweet pea

I hope this info has helped you all out !!

No2WhereAreYou
22-08-2007, 16:14
Girls!!
How do you do it? I gave up after my first cycle with CM! I got preg the next and when i had a scan dome it was nearly 2 weeks out, so according to that i o'd around cd25 of a 34 day cycle! sooo weird! I had jotted down cm and cervix in diary and it didnt add up!!!

I just gues - timate

Bellas_mummy
22-08-2007, 16:18
Well just in case i dont get utd this cycle i am all prepared for the next.

I have jsut been on excell and worked out a spreadsheet to incoperate everything i will need.

It has cycle days up the top and then i will record how i feel and CM.

Then an exercise section and then a section on everything i eat. I think this will enable me to get on top of everything in my life and feel like i can handle it.

Good luck everyone!!

JumpingBean
22-08-2007, 20:15
Thanks Kristi, you've lifted my spirits again. Although, my CM is still cloudy, creamy, not eggwhite at all.
Oh well, will know on friday!

juzzyduck
23-08-2007, 13:40
Hi Kristi H

A Question, I have been off the pill for 3 months and the last 2 I have noticed on 2 days roughly mid cycle (my cycle being 32-33 days) egg white CM, this month we have been TTC and as yet I have not had any egg white CM, could this mean I am pregnant or have not O. I do have PCOS. I have still got about a week and half before I get AF. I have not been temping but using maybe baby to see when O and were bedding on the days it said I O.
Thanks the your help.

HouseOfBlues
23-08-2007, 14:26
Double Trouble....you can Ovulate as early as day 8 in youre cycle so getting EWCM on day 10 and 11 could well mean you have already O'd or you could have just had whats called an "early surge" which means you may notice a second patch of fertile cm a few days later and this is normally when O really occurs. Can you tell me how long your cycle normally are ? and do you know how long your Luteal Phase Normally is ? (this is the number of days from when you o to when you start af again)...Oing on CD 10-11 is very normal especially if you have slightly shorter cycles.
I hope this info has helped you all out !!

Thanks so much kristi.
My cycle last mth was 30 days but they are usually around the 28-30 days.
My luteal phase is around 14-16 days.
I have just had DS#2 so it's hard to remember what my cycles exactly were.
My Af went for 7 days and a tiny bit on day 8, so its possible to O 2-3 days after AF finishes? My EWCM was only a very small amount, is that normal?
Thanks for your help, love it!:thumbsup:

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
23-08-2007, 14:26
Juzzyduck...hmmm thats a tough one with just coming off the pill and having PCOS...as you are probably well aware with PCOS it is very common to have an anovulatory cycle every couple of cycles, I hope this is not the case this time for you (((HUGS))) !!!

Unfortunately with you only being off the pill a short time your cycles may still be a little wacky and you may O later than you would normally with regulat cycles.

As for ewcm this is the most fertile cm but it does not mean you have not O'd if you didnt get it this month..some months ladies report only ever getting very watery cm which in itself is still very fertile.

Becarefull when relying wholey and solely on Maybe baby cause from my own personal experience i a have not found it to be very reliable..it said my DH was Ovulating :laughing: !!!

Your most reliable method of detecting O even with PCOS is temping and using OPK's (which you can purchse very cheaply on line in bulk from places like ebay).

Also I would suggest checking cm internally as well this will give the best indication of what your body is doing as not everything alwas is discharged.

As for being PG..that could also be the case but i would say if AF arrived on time and you are half way through a new cycle it is probably unlikely but worth testing for just to be on the safe side.

I hope I have been of help..feel free to ask me more if i missed something in particular you wanted to know about.

good luck chicky I hope your BFP arrives soon xoxox

EmsMum72
23-08-2007, 14:33
:wave: Dr Kristi

I'm on DC15 today and for the past couple of days my CM has been white and creamy looking (like moisturiser). Today it is EW in colour and very moist (I know, I know TMI :o ) but not stretch at all. If I put 2 fingers together it does not stretch, doesn't blob, nothing! Does this sound like approaching ovulation. My cycles are normally long (41 days), but I'm back on Metformin and conceived in January, on Metformin, on day 14 so I'm thinking I might ovulate (if I do) earlier that I possibly have been the past few months (without Metformin). I'd appreciate your thoughts when you can muster some strength to get up off your sick bed, you poor love! Thanks heaps.

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
23-08-2007, 14:44
Double trouble...with a average cycle length such as your you would expect to O around CD14-16 but yes you could still O early.

Its also not uncommon to have a pre O surge either so you may still notice a second patch of fertile CM at around day 14-16.

Some women have such a long AF they actually O while they ar still bleeding..this is also not that uncommon !!! So to O 2-3 days afterwards like you have described is also very likely.

Glad to be of some help..keep asking and i promiss i will do my best to keep the answers flowing for you ((HUGS)))

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
23-08-2007, 14:48
EmsMum...deffinately sounds like the metformin is doing its job...your cm is doing exactly what it should be doing on the lead up to O !!!

First AF..then cm goes sticky..then goes creamy like moisturiser and is white and cloudy in colour..then watery and clear..then EWCM !!!!

I would say from what you have described that you are deffinately in the pre O faze and in the next few days to 1 week you should get the EWCM !!!

Good luck sweet pea..and thanks for the the get well message...what ever doesnt kill us can only make us stronger :p ..ah the joys of being UTD !!!

2BlueBirds
23-08-2007, 14:59
Kristi, this is unrelated to Cm, but wondering if you can help with my temping??
I am 10dpo and my temp dropped (close to my coverline). Could that mean implantation or AF on its way? AF really shouldnt be due for 3-4 days (if phase is 14, not but im sure, im on clomid for the 1st time)
HUGE THANKS

HouseOfBlues
23-08-2007, 15:02
Double trouble...with a average cycle length such as your you would expect to O around CD14-16 but yes you could still O early.

Its also not uncommon to have a pre O surge either so you may still notice a second patch of fertile CM at around day 14-16.

Some women have such a long AF they actually O while they ar still bleeding..this is also not that uncommon !!! So to O 2-3 days afterwards like you have described is also very likely.

Glad to be of some help..keep asking and i promiss i will do my best to keep the answers flowing for you ((HUGS)))

thanks heaps.
It's making so much more sense the way you are explaining it.
Lets see if I can get that BFP this mth!

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
23-08-2007, 16:26
Singa..yep temp drop at 10DPO can deffinately be an implantation dip !!!! I have add my chart for you to have a squiz at cause my temp took a dip when I got my BFP....

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/196a24

When does implantation occur? Can I see signs of implantation on my chart?
If conception occurred, implantation (when the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall) typically happens seven to ten days after ovulation, but it can happen a few days earlier or later as well.
There are some signs of implantation or successful conception that may be seen on your chart but all of them can occur with or without pregnancy. You can also be pregnant and see none of these signs on your chart. There is thus really no way to know if they are related to implantation while they are happening, though they occur with greater frequency on pregnancy charts. Some possible signs of implantation or successful conception are:

light spotting that happens for just a brief period of time around seven to ten days past ovulation.
a second thermal shift that occurs around seven to ten days past ovulation.
a dip in temperature that lasts just a single day, around seven to ten days past ovulation.While these signs may offer clues as to whether or not you have an increased probability of pregnancy, they are really not a reliable way to gauge whether or not you may be pregnant. You can experience any of these signs and be pregnant, or not pregnant, just as you can experience none of these signs and be pregnant or not pregnant. Keep this in mind when you are scrutinizing your chart while you wait to take a pregnancy test.
While you can be cautiously optimistic if you do see these signs (if you have well-timed intercourse during your fertile time) there is no way to really know if you are pregnant before you can reliably test for pregnancy. Likewise, if you do not see these signs (and you have well-timed intercourse within your fertile time) you need not give up hope before the end of your cycle. Many women do not experience implantation signs or very early pregnancy signs at all.

Double Trouble..(((HUGS))) the pleasure is all mine sweet pea, I would do any thing to see you all get BFP's asap !!!

EmsMum72
23-08-2007, 16:37
EmsMum...deffinately sounds like the metformin is doing its job...your cm is doing exactly what it should be doing on the lead up to O !!!

First AF..then cm goes sticky..then goes creamy like moisturiser and is white and cloudy in colour..then watery and clear..then EWCM !!!!

I would say from what you have described that you are deffinately in the pre O faze and in the next few days to 1 week you should get the EWCM !!!!

Woo hoo, YAY for my body doing what it's supposed to be doing! :smiliedance: Thanks Kristi, you are such a wonderful, helpful woman. You should start charging for all this advice, you'd make a fortune :hugs:Thanks again honey bunch!

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
23-08-2007, 17:00
You should start charging for all this advice, you'd make a fortune :hugs:Thanks again honey bunch!

:laughing: !!!! I dont think I am good enough to warrent paying but I am so glad I could help you out sweet pea :hugs: !!! WOOOHOOO EmsMums ganna O :smiliedance:

2BlueBirds
24-08-2007, 07:47
[quote=kristi H;1826604]Singa..yep temp drop at 10DPO can deffinately be an implantation dip !!!!
quote]

My temp went up again to 37...????
I did a hpt and it was BFN (11dpo).
When I took off my + OPK on FF chart it actually changed my O to 2 days later (so i could be 9 dpo) (I didnt continue testing for O the days after my + OPK) IYKWIM

Last cycle i had a BFP at 9dpo (then m/c) so i doubt it is positive this time....
So confused!
Thanks for your help!
How do i show you my chart?? Do i cut and paste the address?

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
24-08-2007, 07:55
Morning Singa...

Its aint over till its over sweet heart and the fact your temp went back up is fantastic !!! It is so rare to get a positive at 9DPO dont be disshearted just cause you did last cycle and not just yet this time !!! i didnt get a positive till 11dpo and even then it was super faint !!!

To post your chart go to FF and click on the tab on the left hand side of the page that say's "sharing"..the link that you can cut and paste is in there xoxoxo

2BlueBirds
24-08-2007, 09:08
HERE IT IS!! THANKS!
P.S i was sick around cd 21, so that is why it jumps!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a073c

fludo
24-08-2007, 09:18
Singa - could be an implantation dip there for you! :fingerscrossed:

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
24-08-2007, 09:23
WHOA Singa if thats not an implatation dip I dont know what one is and with temps as high as yours I will be gob smaked if you dont get a :bfp: this cycle !!!!

2BlueBirds
24-08-2007, 10:52
Oh i hope so!
Thanks for your help. xxxx:hugs:

2BlueBirds
24-08-2007, 17:15
i didnt get a positive till 11dpo and even then it was super faint !!!

Silly question Kristi: Did you do a hpt 10dpo and get a negative and then positive 11dpo?
Thanks hun xx

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
24-08-2007, 17:19
I did one at 9DPO and it was neg....:fingerscrossed: ..there is still a great chance for you !!!

rach79
24-08-2007, 18:09
:wave: Hi Kristi, I was wondering if I could also get your advice, we are ttc #3 I stopped the pill (yasmin) on the 4th August got my withdrawl bleed from 8/9th Aug (woke up in the morn with it) they stopped on the 12th. I have been using the OPK and as far as I am aware I have not O yet, but for about the past 5 days I have had crampy feelings first couple of days it was slight crampiness front and back on and off but for the past 2 I have had a heavy pulling feeling in my lower abdo not painful but kinda sore feeling and my nipples hurt, can you give me any idea what is going on - does it mean I am about to O soon or something else, thanks doc!!
Also too add I have not noticed any EWCM but have had a fair bit of watery CM but not stringy like EWCM

rach79
24-08-2007, 18:50
Also like to add replies from anyone are welcome, but back to the point I have been using the wee opk's and usually get a light pink strip (lighter than test line) and have started using the maybe baby the last 2 days I have had ferning but the whole glass piece is not covered in ferns just small ferns here and there iykwim, :D

rach79
24-08-2007, 20:07
Ok I have just had a heap of EWCM - definatley no mistaking that so does that mean that I am ovulating now and is that a sign that I have / will ovulated :)

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
24-08-2007, 20:15
Hey Rach...cool another Townsville mummy..we should do coffee and a play date...:D ...

Anyhow I was just about to answer your question by saying I think your about to O when you messaged say you just had a huge glob of EWCM ..:smiliedance: ...!!! Woohoo !!!

Ok so Yasmin is a low grade pill there for coming off it is very easy..no side effect and no pill build up so you are probably super fertile at the moment !!!!!!

The fact that you have EWCM now means you will O in the next 12-48 hours !!! YAY !!!

You need to shag tonight then either daily or ate least every second day till Monday just to be on the safe side and cover all bases.

Keep watching your cm...you will notice once O have well and truely happen you CM will dry up to next to nothing..thats when the TWW begins..good luck (((HUGS)))

Oh and the fact that you had watery cm on the lead up is spot on !!!! You go you firtile thing you :smiliedance:

fludo
24-08-2007, 20:28
Just want to add....you can have EWCM for more than 12-48 hours - I have it for a week before O! So keep BDing until it's all gone! :yes: I'm sure your DH wont' mind!

MellyMumma
24-08-2007, 23:13
Hi Doctor Kristi :wave:

My period is a week late today. I've been getting clear, white and yellow cm - all at different times of course. I just wanna know if I'm preg?

Thanks
Mel

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
25-08-2007, 08:11
Well patient Melly...I believe the answer to that question to be....

:fingerscrossed: YES YOUR UTD:fingerscrossed:
:smiliedance: :smiliedance:

Or could it be that I just desperately want you to be..hehehehehe!!!!

In all seriousness you symptoms sound very promissing for a BFP !!!

rach79
25-08-2007, 10:42
thanks for your replies, one more question though is it normal to only have EWCM for the night then be dry in the morning?? Even though my CM seems to change throughout the day, I just really hope that it means I have / am O. Oh also I am not a Townsville mummy anymore we have moved to Port Hedland WA - I miss Townsville!!!!

rach79
25-08-2007, 12:07
its ok I still have EWCM and I used an OPK this morning and The line is the darkest its ever been but still not the exact same darkness as the control line, here's hoping - sorry for all the rambles I am just so excited about o so quickly:smiliedance:

Teto
25-08-2007, 15:29
Yeah I used one yest/today and the test line was around about the same as the control line. Is that good enough? The box says same or darker but man, how do you really know?

adelaideannie
25-08-2007, 18:09
Thanks! All the questions I was embarrased to ask again all in one thread! I get very minimal CM and thought I was abnormal and wasn't sure what to do and was to embarrased to tell my doctor. How many people get minimal if any CM? Mine just seems to be dried egg white stuff on my underwear for maybe 4-5 days (TMI I know) am drinking green tea, taking evening primrose and using preseed. Any other tips that have helped people would be great!:smiliedance: :smiliedance: :smiliedance: :smiliedance:

rach79
26-08-2007, 19:45
Hi, me again:wave: , another question, I had EWCM over 2 days on and off but now I have gone back to alot of wet CM (sorry tmi) I have just used a urine OP this arvo and I have 2 very dark lines finally - so does that mean that I have not ovulated yet and I am going to ov in 24-36 hours even though my EWCM seems to have gone - talk about confusing

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
27-08-2007, 15:43
You may have caught the start of the end of the O surge if you are now getting + opks so keep shagging to be on the safe side..wet cm is still very fertile.

No2WhereAreYou
27-08-2007, 16:00
my goodness!!! I had the same. I just hate not knowing and i cant be bothered using an OPK

onkybear
29-08-2007, 01:05
KRISTI HELP ME UNDERSTAND MY BODY PLEASE!!!

He he as I said I am soooooo confuseled I need help. I cant remember as far back as being preg with ds to remmeber but here goes.

On Sun I had EWCM alot of for me and then mon it went to watery/cloudy cm but not an awful lot of ifywim. I got pos OPK Mon and this morning (so I anot exactly sure when o occured if it has yet even) and I have now noticed that the quanitity of cm has increased and it is now white creamy and has a slight yellow tinge???? thats the part that is confusing me. The opk thing I am happy with cause with ds after the first positive opk I only got positive til i got my bfp so that could be a good sign for me. But I am sooooo confuseled on wheather I have ovulated, going to ovulate, wheather it is a good sign the cm has gone like this or a bad one. I ahve NEVER noticed it do this before that I can remember (excpet vagly member something went strange with cm but cant member what)

I hope you can make sense of that. I have totally lost myself. Let me know if i confuseled you too:laughing: . Hope you can help! Geez this is embarassing!:o

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
29-08-2007, 07:33
No need to be embarassed Kris :hugs: we all have CM and unfortunately it is one of the most vital things in relation to TTC..this is a safe unjudging thread specifically for answering these sorts of questions !!!!

Ok well to me it deffinately sounds like you have Od so WOOOOHOOOO !!! Pin pointing in on the other hand could be quiet hard...It could have been when you got the EWCM or when you got the first + opk but I would say you are deffinately in the TWW !!!!

Ok now for your OPK's as you said you could be picking up the hcg hormones early which is giving you the + or it could be that when you tested on Monday you caught the start of the LH surge and then the end of it again this morning..if this is the case you O'd yesterday.

As for your cm yellow cm is very very common in early pregnancy as is very creamy cm as it indicates the start of the mucus plug forming.

I hope this helps you out a little (((HUGS)))

onkybear
29-08-2007, 09:01
thanks hun, makes sense. did another opk this morning (getting addictive :laughing: ) and again its very positive. i did the same brand last month and did one on the day i thought i was going to o and you could barely see a line if any, these are def very positive. im using first response. the next two weeks are gonna kill me:hair: !!!

HouseOfBlues
29-08-2007, 12:53
Another question.
Can EWCM be white or does it have to be clear?
I got what seemed like EWCM today. It was really stretchy but was not clearin colour.
Thanks again:)

onkybear
29-08-2007, 17:12
*bumpety bump bump bump*

hp-mum
29-08-2007, 17:23
Sorry, this is off the subject, but Double Trouble, I just wanted to say I love your avatar! It cracked me up! :laughing: Cute!

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
29-08-2007, 18:13
Hey double trouble...

Most commonly EWCM is clear but I have spoken to lots of ladies that say their only ever is cloudy in colour so no need to worry....what CD are you up to could this be pre O cm so its not had time to go clear yet or is it after O and maybe this is good sign your heading for a BFP..i know I have white stretchy cm when I got my BFP..it was one of the things that tipped me off that I may have been UTD...hope this helps sweet pea and i too think your av is great :p

HouseOfBlues
29-08-2007, 21:04
Sorry, this is off the subject, but Double Trouble, I just wanted to say I love your avatar! It cracked me up! :laughing: Cute!

Thanks!
It's cute hey!
It was sent to me in an email.

Hey double trouble...

Most commonly EWCM is clear but I have spoken to lots of ladies that say their only ever is cloudy in colour so no need to worry....what CD are you up to could this be pre O cm so its not had time to go clear yet or is it after O and maybe this is good sign your heading for a BFP..i know I have white stretchy cm when I got my BFP..it was one of the things that tipped me off that I may have been UTD...hope this helps sweet pea and i too think your av is great :p

Thanks heaps kristi:thumbsup:
I'm on CD 20 and I think I O'd somewhere between CD 11 and 14.
I'm not doing anything except checking my CM, so I'm not sure of the exact day.
So I hope your right and it means that I may be heading towards a BFP:fingerscrossed:
Will definately let you know if I do get a BFP

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
03-09-2007, 08:57
*******************bump********************

Baldie's Mum
03-09-2007, 10:34
i have something off the topic to ask, what does *bump* mean?!!?

fludo
03-09-2007, 11:46
To bump the thread is to get it moving again so it doesn't disappear!

rach79
04-09-2007, 17:54
Well to keep this thread going I will add my bit, So it has been a week since I O'ed i think, I am not 100% what day I O'ed but think it was Tuesday anywhoo my CM never dried up really and today I have heaps of cm along with my other symtoms of crampiness, bloated, stingy booboo's, lethargic, and felt nauseas a couple of time today - I still have a week to go till AF if she arrives - hopefully not but I am hoping these are positive signs. Just a question too how long before AF do you usually get cramps if Af is coming I am pretty sure I used to get them only a day or 2 at the most before AF

rach79
07-09-2007, 19:51
Afternoon all - just jotting down what my body has been doing so all the campiness seems to have stopped yesterday the only thing I have going on now is the occasional stingy sensation in my boobs and my cm just keeps on coming more and more (sorry tmi):( I am going to do a test tomorrow :-) see what happens although it may still be too early and if i am not utd this month at least I will know what to expect next month I do think its odd all the cm though as I have been well lubricated since my fertile period sorry tmi AGAIN I think I would be 10dpo but its hard to know exactly.

fludo
11-09-2007, 14:50
I think I'm 2dpo and usually once O is over, I'm pretty dry down there. Well today I've had 2 lots of creamy CM! This morning, I thought it was just leftovers from last night's BD! But I've just had more now and I never get that. Is it too early for extra CM caused by a BFP???

JumpingBean
11-09-2007, 14:53
Fludo - I was just about to ask pretty much the same question!!!

I had EWCM saturday and a little sunday. then dried up monday and it's back again today!:confused:
I don't know what's going on.
I can't remember when it all started again with DD. But I do remember there was loads of it.

I need help answering it too.

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
11-09-2007, 14:54
Not at all is it too early for BFP cm....the mucus plug start's to form almost straight away when you are UTD..its the bodies natural way of trying to protect the baby from external infections ...lots of women notice increased cm as a very early pregnancy sign..I know this was the case for me for both pregnancies now..good luck honey I hope this is it !!!

To add for Kell my cm went back to EWCM with this buba at around 5 DPO !!!

fludo
11-09-2007, 14:56
Hey Kel! I had a day last week where it dried up and then came back for 2 more days, which never happens, but turns out I hadn't o'd yet then. I'm pretty sure I've o'd now, and this is only a tiny bit stretchy, so not really EWCM and it's really cloudy.

Where's our CM expert! :confused:

fludo
11-09-2007, 14:57
There you are Kristi! You always pop up right when we need you! :yes:

I soooo hope this is it, but I'm trying to tell myself not to read anything into it today becuase it could still be from BD, so if I get creamy CM, then I will start jumping up and down! :smiliedance:

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
11-09-2007, 14:59
Glad I could help honey......:hugs: !!!! I am going to do the bestest happy dance in whole wide world when you both get your :bfp: 's !!!!:smiliedance:.... :yelclap:.... :party:.... :laughing:

fludo
11-09-2007, 15:02
Me too! :laughing: :smiliedance: :smiliedance: :smiliedance:

snugglibub
11-09-2007, 18:22
I'm 12 DPO, and at the risk of TMI, my CM looks a bit "snotty". No symptoms of infection.

Interpretation, please!

Eeyore
11-09-2007, 20:48
the mucus plug start's to form almost straight away when you are UTD..its the bodies natural way of trying to protect the baby from external infections ...lots of women notice increased cm as a very early pregnancy sign..I know this was the case for me for both pregnancies now..
I was just about to ask you about cm during pregnancy!!! I am now CD36 with no sign of the red fairy, but heaps of cm (I go to the loo every 30mins or so to check if the fairy has arrived!). I hope this is the case for me :fingerscrossed:

You are an absolute star Kristi, thanks for taking the time to help.

fludo
11-09-2007, 21:05
Snugglibub - I've just been reading about the mucous plug and the word they often use to describe it is "snotty"! :fingerscrossed: you have the same type of snotty CM! :laughing: Mine's not snotty, but had some more of it this evening. So unusual, I told myself I would not take any notice of nausea, sore boobs, fatigue, etc, because I've been getting that every cycle in the tww! but if CM changed, I would take notice! Well, I'M TAKING NOTICE!!!!! :smiliedance:

Eeyore - hope this is it for you too~!!!!

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
12-09-2007, 09:19
Snugglibub....I ditto what Fludo said !!!! :D

Eeyore...glad I could help honey..maybe a blood test is whats needed for you :hugs: !!!!

JumpingBean
20-09-2007, 12:35
Okay CM guru, here's one for ya.

My CM has pretty much dried up since O a week ago. This morning I woke to CM, just milky stuff and I'm due for AF in 3 days:eek: . could I be UTD?

What should CM be like after O if you are pg and when does it appear???

MellyMumma
20-09-2007, 14:31
Hey Kristi

Can you still get ewcm around the time of o even if you don't o that month???:confused:

Thanks lovie.:hugs:

Hey Kell sounds promising!!! Goodluck!:fingerscrossed:

hp-mum
20-09-2007, 15:42
Hello chickies.

Kell - that sounds really similar to me. I normally get EWCM around the week leading up to AF. This cycle I have been relatively dry until today (11dpo, AF due on Monday) I have started to get milky CM and feel kind of damp down there. :detective:

By the way Kristi - how are you? How is your PG going? You must be close the the 12wk mark now?

fludo
20-09-2007, 18:27
I've had lots of creamy CM today too (11dpo). I've had it every day except yesterday since O and I'm normally dry. Here's hoping it's a good sign! (Just forget the fact I got a BFN this morning! :laughing: )

Eloise&Charlie'sMum
20-09-2007, 20:31
What should CM be like after O if you are pg and when does it appear???

After ovulation and around the time of implantation the cervical mucus will lose the egg white consistency and usually because quite sticky. A lot of women experience an absence of cervical mucus after ovulation around the time of implantation, but it really varies from woman to woman. If women pay close attention though they will notice that their cervical mucus becomes much stickier and sometimes white as soon as ovulation occurs.
Around the time of implantation many women experience a sudden increase in cervical fluid again and there even may be some pink or brownish tint to some of the cervical mucus. This is thought to be a bit of blood that is caused by the implantation of the egg in the lining of the uterus. After this initial increase in cervical mucus and a slight tint pink the experience of each woman varies widely.
During pregnancy there are surges of that may cause the amount of cervical mucus to increase and then decrease. Many women that have never really paid attention to their cervical mucus now notice it every time they get dressed and undressed as it is noticeable in their panties. Other women report that they do not notice any cervical fluid while pregnant.Again, there is no normal or abnormal in this sense as each womans body responds to pregnancy and the surge in hormones differently.
Many women cannot discern the difference between cervical fluid before and after implantation as there is no real decisive change that happens with implantation. A woman can usually tell if she has ovulated because the mucus will change, but not all women will see the pink or brown tinted cervical mucus so you can experience implantation and not know it based on cervical fluid alone.

Hey Kristi

Can you still get ewcm around the time of o even if you don't o that month???!:fingerscrossed:

Yes honey you can cause EWCM comes with the surge on the lead up to O but there is not always a viable egg ready to bust at O time making it an anovulatory cycle.

Kell - that sounds really similar to me. I normally get EWCM around the week leading up to AF. This cycle I have been relatively dry until today (11dpo, AF due on Monday) I have started to get milky CM and feel kind of damp down there. :detective:

By the way Kristi - how are you? How is your PG going? You must be close the the 12wk mark now?

Looking good for you too HP...WOOHOO bring on the BFP !!!!

Yep I am nearling the 12 weeks mark and MS is finally settling down to a small bout of nausea in the afternoon !!!! FINALLY WOOHOO !!!

I've had lots of creamy CM today too (11dpo). I've had it every day except yesterday since O and I'm normally dry. Here's hoping it's a good sign! (Just forget the fact I got a BFN this morning! :laughing: )

Fludo honey your temps are looking good and you are the Queen of early testing (((HUGS))) hang in there baby doll your BFP is coming and I hope this it this is your month !!!!

NonnyMouse
14-12-2007, 11:40
What's it meant to be like when you're early preg? When i ovulate mine is generally very clear and stretchy, but for the last week or two (when I should have been O'ing) it's been thin and wet, but not huge amounts, just the occasional leaking that feels a bit like the beginning of AF, and when I felt my CX it feels kinda soft and slightly open. I'm not sure if it's high or low as it's not something I normally check, but I have other syms of early preg so I'm wondering if this might be yet anothe rindication. I'm also usually rampantly randy when I'm O'ing and this time round I'm not. AF is prolly due around 7 days from now at which time i'm normally getting quite dry, but that's all up in the air because of the antibiotics that stuffed up my BC pills, so I might be out on my cycle by 2 weeks.

giveitago
14-12-2007, 11:50
What's it meant to be like when you're early preg? When i ovulate mine is generally very clear and stretchy, but for the last week or two (when I should have been O'ing) it's been thin and wet, but not huge amounts, just the occasional leaking that feels a bit like the beginning of AF, and when I felt my CX it feels kinda soft and slightly open. I'm not sure if it's high or low as it's not something I normally check, but I have other syms of early preg so I'm wondering if this might be yet anothe rindication. I'm also usually rampantly randy when I'm O'ing and this time round I'm not. AF is prolly due around 7 days from now at which time i'm normally getting quite dry, but that's all up in the air because of the antibiotics that stuffed up my BC pills, so I might be out on my cycle by 2 weeks.

I am 7 days away from AF being due and i have the lovely 'snotty' mucous. I had COPIOUS amounts for 3 days after O, now its yellow and really thick. I always feel 'wet' down there but upon tonsil (cervix) inspection, there is a small amount of CM, not the abundance like I expect