PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy tests and the Implanon???

kalamadae
01-08-2007, 01:49
:wave:
Does anyone know if you can do an accurate pregnancy test you get from the chemist if uv had the Implant inserted? Ive had it in for a month now and i know my body's still adjusting but me n my partner are a bit concerned... that i may be pregnant again. If anyone knows bout this pls reply.

:no:
Cheers all, Kal

tru
01-08-2007, 04:39
I guess it should still be accurate but a blood test will tell for sure.

I know when I got my implanon in they gave me a preg test at the doctors beforehand to make sure I wasn't preg. I think this is because once you've got it in it's supposed to start working immediately.

If you're worried do the test and/or see your GP :)

bronny-jane
01-08-2007, 09:14
im pretty sure you can do it..... tests just measure hcg...not other hormones.... and yes you can get pg on implanon its not 100% safety...just like people get pg on the pill

kalamadae
01-08-2007, 16:21
I guess it should still be accurate but a blood test will tell for sure.

I know when I got my implanon in they gave me a preg test at the doctors beforehand to make sure I wasn't preg. I think this is because once you've got it in it's supposed to start working immediately.

If you're worried do the test and/or see your GP :)

ty for the advice :) if these weird symptoms persist ill def think bout a blood test n ill be getting a regular preg test anyway to b safe...

kalamadae
01-08-2007, 16:22
im pretty sure you can do it..... tests just measure hcg...not other hormones.... and yes you can get pg on implanon its not 100% safety...just like people get pg on the pill

yeah i know how they cant be 100% too well. ty for clearing that up 4 me :)

Lirael
01-08-2007, 16:23
test as soon as you can, its not ideal to leave it in if you are pregnant...

pookiesossige
03-08-2007, 21:09
Something else to note is that Implanon can make you feel pg when you're not. You can have a few of the symptoms of early pregnancy while on the Implanon because the hormones trick your body into thinking/feeling that it's carrying a baby when it's not. So I heard, anyway!

shymmer
10-08-2007, 18:49
While it's not 100%, I don't think there have been any cases of falling preg with Implanon in. Implanon stops you from ovulating - at all, and works straight away. If you were not preg before you got it in, it's very unlikely you fell preg this last month. You prob know all this . . Imp is a progesterone contraception and pregesterone is produced when you are pregnant, so you may simply be having preganacy type symptoms from that, as pookiesossige mentioned.

workin'mumof2
10-08-2007, 18:54
You can get pregnant on the implananon i know someone well 4 people who did, then a few of them tried the mirena and 1 got pregnant on that and the pill the next time too :S nothing is 100% even the snip so ive heard. well unless you just dont have sex but how unfun would that be lol

blubber
24-08-2007, 14:07
i have a script for implanon and after reading this i am feeling a little apprahensive.

These pregnant like feelings, can anyone explain more? Both bubs I knew I was preg. due to feeling sick. Would this happen with implanon? I hate the pregnant thing and surely do not want to feel like i am when i am actually not.

cosmicjeni
19-10-2009, 16:53
i have had the implanon in for 2 n 1/2 weeks and i have symptoms such as severe headaches and feeling sick specially in the mornings or after eating ive read alot of stuff where people have had the same symptoms and say that home pregnancy tests dont work, i am gonna try one today cos i feel tha same as when i was pregnant with my boy and i honestly dont know what id do, i dont mean id get rid of it cos thats just not an option if i was my boy is nearly 4 now but has asperges and ive only been with my boyfriend for 7 weeks

Starlet
19-10-2009, 19:01
I had implanon years ago and never had any pregnancy like symptoms.

I had it inserted again in September, 2 weeks later I started getting pregnancy symptoms. I went to the doctor and yep, I am pregnant. I must have fallen pregnant just days before I had it inserted, so it wouldn't have been detected on a pregnancy test.

A pee on a stick test came up positive right away and a blood test confirmed it.

Also, if you get the implanon inserted when your on your period, its meant to be effective straight away, but if you have it inserted when you're NOT on your period, it can take a week to be fully effective. I had mine put in, I guess midcycle, I had only just gotten my period back after having the last baby.