PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Ted's E3 Buggy - good or bad????

shereejoy
25-01-2006, 17:48
Hi ladies, I asked this question on the back end of another thread, here is the link if you missed it, wondering if anyone can help me with any guidance or feedback they might have on this 3 wheeler pram.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?p=147378#post147378

Really appreciate your help.

OM
25-01-2006, 18:17
Hi ladies, I asked this question on the back end of another thread, here is the link if you missed it, wondering if anyone can help me with any guidance or feedback they might have on this 3 wheeler pram.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?p=147378#post147378

Really appreciate your help.

Oh I could rave all day about how great the E3 is. Worth every cent!;) :D

Scout
25-01-2006, 18:27
Hi Sheree

I'm just having a look at the current Choice guide and they say that the P&T E3 pram failed because "the waist buckling and adjusting devices on the stroller can too easily slide along and off the strap".

I haven't actually looked at the pram so am not sure what this means.

The link to a Choice article online is:

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=104846&catId=100510&tid=100008&p=1

For me finding a pram has been a nightmare and I have relied heavily on feedback from others so I hope some mums can give you advice!

Scout

OM
25-01-2006, 18:32
"the waist buckling and adjusting devices on the stroller can too easily slide along and off the strap".

Hmm I never knew that, but certainly have never ever had a problem with the adjusting straps!

addictedtobabe
25-01-2006, 18:33
Fab!

New model has attachments to attach a capsule which makes it even more fab!

OM
25-01-2006, 18:37
There is a lime green and an orange version being released soon too!

So it will come in 5 different colours!:D

Jamily
25-01-2006, 18:57
Hey lovely Sheree

I have the P&T and I LOVE it. I actually bought a Bertini stroller but we have decided to try for another baby later this year and as the P&T was on special we bought it. I wish we had got it in the beginning...
I have never had a problem with the straps either - in fact I can hardly adjust mine!

Cx

shereejoy
25-01-2006, 18:57
Thanks ladies, will have to read that article, but if you say Oscar's mum you have never had a problem that will do me.

So is it ok to put a newborn in without the capsule too, and can you go walking easily with it?

shereejoy
25-01-2006, 19:00
Oh Claire, so lovely to see you. How are you, Emily and Kenny. Good I hope.

Great to hear you like it so much. I really appreciate your advise especially.

What colours does everyone have then, what do u recommend?

OM
25-01-2006, 19:01
You can definately put a newborn in without the capsule, I never used a capsule at all.

I don't drive either so this pram has been a godsend to walk with for me, obviously though cross country isn't recommended but walking around the neighbourhood etc I couldn't fault it.

Scout
25-01-2006, 20:23
As I said Sheree - feedback from others is the best recommendation that you can get!

Choice did an article on Stokke cots too about how unsafe they were so the manufacturer fixed the problem, so I'm sure that is what P&T's have done as well. If I was in the market for one of those, I don't think that the problems they were talking about the with the waist buckle whatsits would have been enough to put me off because I see so many of them around.

Yay, this is probably one more major purchase decision made for you!

addictedtobabe
25-01-2006, 21:01
I also don't have a car, it is great for walking and light too. If you have a winter baby then I recommend the coccoon to go inside...it keeps them so cosy, my DS used to love to sleep in it!

poshBecks
26-01-2006, 07:26
LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!!

I have never had probs with straps either.....!!!

It's light, easy to steer & push, easy to assemble & fold back down ( I'm mean really simple!!).

I got a grey one coz grey goes with everything. LOL!! Gotta match you know :p Though we were tossing up the navy one. Though lime green sounds great!! :rolleyes:

I cant recommend it highly enough!!

OM
26-01-2006, 07:52
Becca-Rae we got red cause it goes faster........................rofl:D

poshBecks
26-01-2006, 07:55
LOL, I had one of those safety 1st strollers (with the 3 wheels & really compact) in bright red, I got sick of ppl stopping me in the street about the stroller. I figured the colour caught ppl's eye, so I didn't get the red p&t's!! Though u are right, red DOES go faster!!! :p

addictedtobabe
26-01-2006, 08:13
There is no other choice than red...unless you get the black one and add go faster stripes then there is no competition!

Have had people stop me, and the ECHC nurse congratulate me on getting an easy to see colour...for road safety etc...love the thought of lime green...:)

OM
26-01-2006, 09:15
For anyone wanting to see the new colours, I just did a google and it came up with an overseas website but you can still see the cool colours that are coming out....

http://www.letsgostrolling.com/catalog.php?item=90&catid=84&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D84

Ffrenchknickers
26-01-2006, 09:21
:p I guess the ony problem with it is those nasty bus drivers eh Amanda:rolleyes: ;) LOL

OM
26-01-2006, 09:23
:p I guess the ony problem with it is those nasty bus drivers eh Amanda:rolleyes: ;) LOL

ROFLMAO Yep, nasty bus drivers.........hmmmm;)

poshBecks
26-01-2006, 09:35
Ohhhh the orange one is funky!!!!

draught
26-01-2006, 10:02
We have one and although I love the set up for a newborn and toddler I prefer the mountain buggy and would happily recommend that any day over the E3. I don't like the harness straps on the E3 - they do slip very easily in my experience - a toddler having a tanty can slip them very easily and become tangled in the harness - has happened to me twice and I always tighten them. (And when you have a new born you don't think of these things but believe me - your baby will grow into a toddler and then these things will become annoying!!) I also don't like the shape of the harness - the centre piece that comes up and has the straps attached to it is too big and when your baby is still small if means that you can't tighten the harness to fit them properly so they are not very secure. Wtih the shoulder strap covers on the harness still doesn't fit my 15 month old 10 kg baby securely.

I also don't like the soft fabric over the front wheel - a toddler jamming their feet down in protest acts like a brake and stops the pram moving.

I have had my seat replaced as the frame wore through and was poking through the fabric - at the 7 month mark. They replaced it free but I was still not impressed.

The back axles bend very easily too - we have had ours replaced once and will probably need them done again soon. It makes the pram very hard to steer.

The guide for tyre pressure on the tyres is not right either - you need to go by the pressure recommended in the booklet rather than that printed on the tyres - makes a BIG difference to how your pram steers and bounces.

Sorry to be a downer, but having experienced two different "good quality" 3 wheelers I found the E3 quite disappointing when compared to the mountain buggy. Colours don't make up for a safe harness IMO (although the thought of a lime green pram does excite me!:D )

poshBecks
26-01-2006, 13:49
Bummer Draught, sorry you had a bad experience with yours!!! :(

shereejoy
26-01-2006, 18:27
Thank you for all your comments, much appreciated. And draught although you have had a different experience to others I am willing to take your comments on board. So what website is the mountain buggy you are talking about and do they compare in price.

And as for the Phil & Teds E3 buggy ladies why is it on that website with the different colours you showed it is only $349. My purchase I am looking at is reduced from $549 to $469. Why is this so much cheaper. Anyone got any ideas?

draught
26-01-2006, 18:48
Shereejoy
Mountain buggy is www.mountainbuggy.com.au - they are a little more expensive than the E3 - but they have great resale value (check out ebay) whereas most other prams have little or no resale value.

For prices check out the babies galore website. Myer and DJs also sell them - and you can get very good prices on new ones on ebay too.

H&B'sMum
26-01-2006, 19:29
Can I just make one suggestion. When trying out prams IRL take a bag of shopping or something heavy to put in the pram when driving it around the store. Prams and stroller steer and move very differently when they have something in it...like a baby. But as you will probably be buying before bub arrives you will need something else in there to test. Also don't be afraid to ask to see if it fits into the boot of your car. We did this and found we couldn't have our first choice pram as it didn't fit in the car.

OM
26-01-2006, 19:35
And as for the Phil & Teds E3 buggy ladies why is it on that website with the different colours you showed it is only $349. My purchase I am looking at is reduced from $549 to $469. Why is this so much cheaper. Anyone got any ideas?

Yeah the website I put a link to is for an overseas site. Perhaps American or European! So that would be why. Once the currency was converted though it would be the same price as here in Australia.;)

redracer
23-02-2006, 19:39
After all this great feedback, I gotta have one but can't afford the price tag --Anyone out there thinking of selling their phil and teds E3 - I would be very interested, please contact me on robyn_amor@hotmail.com, thanks