View Full Version : Tubes tied???
I didn't know where to put this so I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend or upset anyone who has difficulty with conception but I have to ask ....
I am booked for an elective c-sect in 2 weeks and my obs asked what I wanted to do AFTER for contraception .... (baby no. 3) and without thinking I said tie my tubes. Now however I am starting to have second thoughts .... it seems so final (I know it is reversible but still .... ) but I really don't think I want another child .... I think .....
Anyway I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that have had this done and have some words on whether they regret or not.
Big decision to make. Your children are all so little still, you need to be sure of your decision. It is, as you said, so final and if you are having second thoughts, maybe you need to rethink.
My girlfriend and her husband did exactly this after no.3, also a c-sec, and she is now really unhappy. Her youngest is 4.5 and she would desperately love another baby. It is ultimately your decision, so think it through carefully.
I want to get this done too. sometimes i think 'oh but what i if i want another' but i know that it is best for dh, me and the kids we already have if we dont have anymore :);)
Sorry I don't have any experience with this issue, but just thinking about it, I think it is the wrong time to make that decision. A lot of women in the later stages of pg would say, definately not doing this again, but may well feel completely different when their baby is a year old.
I can see how, from a doc's point of view it makes perfect sense to do it then and there (no second op, no need to risk anesthetic again etc), but if you're not sure, I don't think you should do it (JMO). It isn't always reversible either is it? (not 100% successful surely).
Best of luck making your decision. Only you can know what's right for you :D .
If you aren't 100% maybe you need to give yourself more time to think about it, I mean PG hormones can also mess with you, maybe it'd be better to make the decision when You've recovered from having this baby and have time to discuss it at length with your DH.
Good Luck with your C/S, bet you can't wait to meet your new bub!
I can't wait to have my OWN body temp back and not that of my BUBBLE AND ME!!!!
I know I should wait but as xkwzit said it is a second op and I'm scared witless of this one. But at the same time I have 2 pill babies and an injection 1. I can't use IUD, have heard and seen terrible stories from the implanon, and well he may as well be allergic to the darn doms ..... blah.
Thank you all for the quick response. I know ultimately it's my decision and I guess alot of the problem I have with making it is the fact that I am not OVERLY old and the situation I'm in i DON'T want any more kids, but if I get my act together and leave that situation whose to say I may not want another .... then again my parents would kill me, then my brothers would resurrect me and kill me themselves, then 3 of my friends would get in just to make sure I was dead if I told them I was pg again.
It's just all too hard and knowing me I will walk into the hospital and say "DO IT" and then regret it for a day, then not think about it again until I tried 4 yrs down the treack and can't work out why I can't fall pg .... I AM a blonde after all!!! LOL
I haven't had my tubes tied and haven't considered it seeing as I've only had one child so far - and definately planning on more! However two of my cousin's have both had theirs done and they don't regret it as it was something they had thought hard about and were definate on their decison.
One of them had two girls and was booked in to get hers done but had to be off the pill for 1 month beforehand - she fell pg in that month!!! Although her two girls were both in primary school and she was a little worried, by the time her darling son arrived she was so grateful and didn't regret him for a second! But she did get her tubes tied a few months after he was born - she's 32. My other cousin is only 26 and she has just had her's done. She has 4 children aged 5, 3, 2 and 10months. She loves kids so much and she said that she had to get it done otherwise she wouldn't have stopped having them!!!
As I said this is not even an option for me at this point in time personally, but if you feel strongly about it then do it...it is completely your decision to make.:)
I have had my tubes tied when my youngest was about 18 months old and got my hubby "fixed" when I was pregnant with her, this was our choice as I died on the table with her and had two horrendous pregnancies. If your not sure then don't do it wait awhile and then see how you feel, it is only day surgery if you choose to wait and I have never regretted our decision (for obvious reasons) but until your completely sure then wait. :)
Day Surgery?? Really ...... well it might not be such a bad thing to hold off until the "baby hormones" are outta the system then. Hmmmm
Thanks for the words for thought!!
Sounds like you have a little doubt there, if so, I would not get it done even tho it is reversible. Maybe discuss this with your GP and try another form of Contraception?
Thank you all. Have decided to TRY a stronger pill AS WELL AS ABSTAINING (won't do him ANY harm I feel)
Also considering, to reduce my chances of falling again, of donating my eggs .... I figure, less eggs less chances but still SOME chance if needed!!
Well it's something to consider anyway, AND since my obs is one of the top IVF treatment obs in the State he is probably the best to help me out with the procedure details as well .... might discuss that with him whilst on the operating table ... gotta be a better conversation than the bloomin footy (which he, my anethesist and peaditrition did during my last c-sect!!! To help relieve MY nerves... LOL)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.9 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.